November 24, 2014 | 1408 users online

Scrubs - mark - Berry Grand Exfoliating Beads

rated 1 of 5 on 1/1/2012 12:58:00 PM More reviews by hotpink55

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I find this product way too harsh to use on your face. I decided to put it in a body wash to turn it into a body scrub but it all just sank to the bottom. The beads smell awful as well! Would not recommend this product, there are many more exfoliating products to choose from that would work way better than this.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2011 7:18:00 PM More reviews by brytewolf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love that I can control how much or how little exfoliation I want with this product. It leaves my skin feelings nice and soft, without damaging or drying it out. I have really sensitive skin, along with roscacea, and this product does not irritate it at all.

Some people I've seen in these reviews complain about the size of the package, which I can understand from first glance. But if you think about the fact that it does not include all the extra liquids and creams necessary to carry the exfoliating grains of other scrubs, and IS JUST THE BEADS, it is well worth the money for the product. I've been using it for a month, at least once every other day, and I haven't even begun to use it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2011 5:44:00 AM More reviews by chehan90

I ordered this product from ebay as I live in europe and don't have access to most american skincare products, so I was desperate for it to work as I couldn't just return it and spent a lot of money on it. Well, after the first try my skin felt so rediculously smooth! You could really tell the dead skincells were removed and was in overall better condition.
Personally I like the way it smells, very organic and natural, much better than other chemical exfoliators if you ask me!
I wouldn't recommend using this more than twice a week because it is really a DEEP exfoliator, but it works like magic!
Only con is that it's hard to get a small amount of product out without it spilling all over my hand, but other than that i love it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2011 4:41:00 PM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used this for a bit with my cleanser, That's Deep, but I found it difficult mixing the 2 together when you have the cleanser in one hand and the bottle in the other. I will stick to using a exfoliating face wash.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2010 1:43:00 AM More reviews by littleshelly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

What I like about it--it has nice larger grains that are good if you have oily skin and large pores. You can also control the amount you want to use. It is great for both face and body exfoliation, but I use it mainly for my face/neck/chest area. I actually mix it with my other creamy exfoliator that wasn't grainy enough for me, and it works good that way.

What I don't like--the packaging. They advertise it as being conveniently able to fit on top of the mark cleansers, but I look at it as an excuse to give the consumer less product for the $9 price tag. The smell is not that great, but if it really has the antioxidants and such in it that makes up for it, plus the smell goes away when you rinse. If your sink or shower gets clogged easily, be careful because these large grains can contribute to that, but to me that's just par for the course. I am on my first jar, so I don't know yet how long it's going to last, but I use it at least 3 times a week. As for now I do plan to purchase again.

UPDATE: I purchased the other mark exfoliator "Go With The Grain" and like it's small scrubbies much better for my face--I add it to my Clinique 7-Day Facial Scrub and it works great. I save this one to add to my body wash.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2010 5:01:00 PM More reviews by magpiesparkle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a bit too harsh for my face but makes an EXCELLENT body scrub. I mix it with whatever liquid soap I have and it does a wonderful job.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2010 9:45:00 PM More reviews by lollipop2492

I really love this exfoliator. It had a really earthy texture. I like how you can control how much you use and what you use it with. I add it to my biore steam cleanser in the shower. It says it can connect to other mark things but that just means there is a big hole in the middle which = less product :( after vigorously scrubbing for a minute or two my face felt sooooo smooth. I couldn't believe it. It does get everywhere so I only use it in the shower. The smell is not great but overall the product seems very organic and earthy, not like those factory made beads in most exfoliating scrubs. I always use a mask after this too. Please try this! My skin looked a little brighter and felt so clean and smooth :D

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2010 9:39:00 PM More reviews by 010101anthony

I love this product, especially being able to add a lot of it. The only problem is that I find I have to add tons of cleanser so it all stays together rather than fall of my face. I get why the reviews are so polarized, its because this is a rough exfoliator that may not feel good to some people but I really like how I feel a big difference, kind of like St. Ives. Although I have heard that these sharp beads aren't good, I have the hardest time getting a good exfoliation with those drugstore exfoliators with the rounded beads. So I wouldn't recommend this to just anyone.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2010 10:38:00 PM More reviews by spicykiwi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just bought the trial version for this product, it was on sale and it came with that's deep facial cleanser, matte chance and mist opportunity. I liked the tiny packaging which was good to travel with.
As far as the actual product goes, it seemed like a really cool product, and since I'm an Avon store employee, it's only right that I try the product. After mixing it with my cleanser in my hand, I felt it was a little fishy. But after scrubbing my face with it, the results were amazing. It truly exfoliates the face without any weird beads. You can clearly see that its just crushed seeds. I like how you can control how much you want to exoliate, unlike other products. Over all, it left my skin feeling very smooth, even, and baby soft. I would definitely buy the full size.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2010 6:06:00 PM More reviews by adudle00

This exfoliator is just terrible. The reason being is because the 'beads' are too damn big! They fall off your face before you even have a chance to exfoliate with them!
I highly recommend passing on this and trying the other exfoliator mark makes-"go with the grain". It looks similar to this but the beads are very tiny-like the size of grains of sand and it works wonders! It's seriously one of the best exfoliators!