Dove Heat Defense Therapy

3.8

on 5/20/2013 10:26:00 AM

This shampoo worked really well for my hair. I'm not a fan of dove shampoo because it's usually really drying but this shampoo protected my hair from the daily blowdrying I put it through. Hopefully they'll bring it back.

on 12/11/2011 1:45:00 PM

I always loved the dove brand, but this one was definitely a miss. it smells good, but for protection? not a chance.
i think dove should stick to making body soap

on 12/21/2010 8:33:00 PM

I decided to try this after being a bit underwhelmed with the L'oreal Elvive range; I figured a bit of extra thermal protection couldn't hurt, considering I use my ghd everyday, in one form or another.

I love this!! My hair definitely has more shine, something I have never really seen with any product other than Moroccan Oil. It leaves my hair feeling really clean (without stripping the oils) and also really soft, in spite of the considerable damage caused by overprocessed foils.

My hair is very thick and has a bit of a strange wave to it, not a good combo for the long bob style I currently have, but straightening is x5768403985 easier with this as it seems to smooth and tame quite well.

I'm keen to try out others in the Dove Therapy range but I will definitely come back to this.

It also smells divine.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This product was amazing! My hair was completely dead and after two weeks of using the shampoo, conditioner and spray,
my hair is fully revived!

on 6/22/2010 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This shampoo and conditioner was good at first, left my hair really soft and manageable. I would straighten my hair without a problem, each and every single time it came out looking silky and wonderful. After a month about using it though, my hair started to get really dry :( I don't know what happened but I stopped using it because of that.

I already use heat protection products before I straighten or blowdry my hair so I don't see the need in buying a heat protection shampoo and conditioner.

on 4/26/2010 8:54:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I absolutely love this product. If you heat style your hair everyday, or just about, but don't want to spend the money on fancy shampoos you need to get this. I style my hair with a flat iron daily, and when Is tyle it after using this shampoo there is a noticeable difference. I have less frizz and more shine, I recommend this to all my friends who flat iron their hair and I just love it. It smells great, lathers great, and really protects your hair. My hair is still smoother and less frizzy the next time I go to use it.

on 9/12/2009 6:07:00 PM

This shampoo doesn't seem to help at all. I blowdry my hair everyday and my hair seem to be dryer with this shampoo. My scalp gets very dry, itchy and flaky and sometimes its red. I don't recommend this shampoo. The scent is great and it lathers well, but other than that I don't see any pros. It doesn't give any shine either.

on 8/10/2009 12:24:00 PM

All Dove shampooos are basically the same to me. They all smell like laundry detergent and are loaded with silicones. This left my hair frizzy.

on 8/4/2009 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I have very thick, coarse, color-treated hair. This product smells great, but as for "helping" my hair, not so much. I tended to have more "frizzies" and my scalp itched. I may have just been allergic to the product.

on 8/1/2009 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I don't know what more to say about this except for I love it. I love LOVE Dove in general, and this is just another one to add to the list!

Popular Shampoos