October 24, 2014 | 1776 users online

Deodorants - Dove - Dove Ultimate Visibly Smooth

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2013 8:33:00 PM More reviews by ponc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This deodorant doesn't do much to keeps the underarms dry and it certainly doesn't make the armpit hair less noticeable. But the fragrance from the deodorant is strong enough and it lasts all day so you won't smell bad at the end of the day. One thing I noticed though, I have more hair on my shower drain every time I wash my hair. Maybe because I wax instead of shave, I find my underarm hair to be thicker and grow faster.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/10/2013 2:47:00 PM More reviews by Lucy875

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like just about any Dove product, as they smell clean and wonderful. I picked up this product in rose and was excited about its purpose to use in-between Epilady treatments of my underarms. It was a clean applying deodorant and smelled great, very feminine. After a few days of use, I noticed itching in my underarm area. About a week after beginning to use this product, I developed multiple hard lumps in my underarms. They were extremely painful and not at all pleasant, not to mention horrible to look at. (It looked like I had marbles underneath my skin!) I went into my doctors office to have them looked at, thinking the lumps may be horribly ingrown hairs that hadn't come to a head yet. To my surprise my doctor said the lumps were in fact NOT ingrowns. Not only was I embarrassed to explain the use of a new deodorant as the cause of the lumps, but puzzled when he suggested that I may be allergic to an ingredient in the formula. Not sure what it is that made me react, but this product immediately went in the trash when I got home. After a week of hot packs on both underarms and no deodorant use of any kind, the lumps finally disappeared. I had high hopes for this product and hope others have had better luck than I did.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2013 10:54:00 AM More reviews by jdbly11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this anti-perspirant deodorant from my sister because it did not work for her. I tried it a few times and it made me super itchy and bumpy underneath my arms. It worked okay at keeping me from smelling but the itching was very irritating. I thought the itching was from shaving but then I used a natural crystal deodorant and ever since I have not had that issue.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2013 10:06:00 PM More reviews by Sjez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff actually works! I've tried multiple scents in the Dove Go Fresh line over the past few years, as they work better for me than any other women's drugstore deodorant. I picked this up because I trust the brand and because of the slowed hair growth claim, but I didn't have high expectations. I'm pleased to say that after a few weeks of use, I noticed I didn't have to shave my armpits as often.

Until I can find an aluminum-free deodorant that actually works, I will keep purchasing Dove deodorants. However, I'm not a big fan of the "wild rose" scent, so I probably won't be repurchasing this particular version. I would prefer something unscented or fragrance-free. Also, I'm taking one lippie off because I don't think Visibly Smooth achieves its claim of 24 hours worth of protection. It's more like 12-16 hours.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2013 2:40:00 PM More reviews by violetnights

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used this product for about 5 years. Bottom line: it works. I have very coarse, fast-growing, dark underarm hair. Despite shaving everyday, hair was still noticeable against my fair skin, making me feel quite self-conscious in the summer months. Enter this deoderant. It does thin and soften hair and delay growth a bit, which is a dream come true. However, it has stained and bleached some of my thin t-shirts, blouses, and cardigans. The deoderant is a whitish pink and its creamy, moisturizing texture makes it transfer to clothes quite easily, and irreversibly stain them, especially if the fabric is thin. Is it worth it? After 5 years of loyal use, I think I am going to explore other deoderants and spare my blouses.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2013 10:30:00 AM More reviews by Leslie29

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I actually don't use this as a deoderant. I shave my bikini area every 2 days, and despite regular exfoliating, always have the dreaded pink bumps along my bikini line. I read somewhere that a trick that strippers use is to apply this to the area after shaving...... and it really works.
It works so well, that my husband decided to use his deoderant on his neck after shaving, and he's never had a red bump since.
I'm thinking that probably you could use any deoderant for this. But the Dove is pink and cute, smells nice, and i like having a seperate product to use for this purpose. It melts right into your skin, and has never left a white cast on me at all. I try all sorts of strange things that I read on the internet, and nothing ever works for me. I'm really glad this did!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2012 10:18:00 PM More reviews by Juicy44

I've been using this deodorant for about a week now and so far I like it. The hair under my arm is growing back much slower than usual. Also, I changed from mitchium because I noticed I was a little musty at the end of a busy day. So far I haven't been musty when using this product. I like it and I think I'll buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2012 9:06:00 AM More reviews by graceface07

Wow i have had a very positive experience with this! The difference may be that I got my under arms waxed before a wedding I was in around the same time I started using this. I have shaved recently though and its a week later and I see only slight patches of stubble. I can barely see it. Every morning Im shocked that I dont have anything to shave. Also I love love the rose scent!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2012 1:40:00 PM More reviews by pinknika

I too, thought this deoderant sucked, like the reviewer below me, I experienced some major hair growth! It was so weird and I had to shave a ton more. I really gave it time too, as I just finished the whole thing and threw it away as the deoderant itself came up and popped out of its case. Still hairy!

Whats worse, and I am embarrased to admit this, but I smelled WORSE as the day went on. And I never smell! (Well, I can go at least a day w/out deoderant,) but this one made me smell foul and didn't do anything. Maybe its the moisturizing lotion part, just makes things more moist and gross.

I just replaced this with the secret unscented deoderant and I'm feeling much better! I don't care about the shaving part, I just want to feel fresh!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/6/2012 6:50:00 PM More reviews by EscalatorKid

I decided to try this for a while since I liked the idea of shaving less often.

It sounded too good to be true, and alas, it was.

It smelled nice (although Floral isn't for me most of the time), but like most stick deodorants I've tried, it clumps up into little blobs in the crease of my pits. It also stains any lighter colored clothing with pit stains, which do not come out.

But, I could've tolerated it, even with those problems, if it weren't for the fact that my underarm hair GREW MUCH MUCH FASTER than it normally would. It was an absurdly fast hair growth rate, and it seemed thicker and nastier than it had ever been before.

I don't mind Dove products, but this deodorant was awful.