October 20, 2014 | 1662 users online

Lip Gloss - Coastal Scents - Smacks

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2012 11:51:00 PM More reviews by lepoe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Normally, I don't wear lip gloss simply because it settles into my lips, feathers, and leaves my lips feeling sticky and tacky. I love the way it looks, but I can get that look with eyeshadow and some simple, colorless balm. I saw the Smacks on the Coastal Scents website and I decided to take a chance. Many times, I have clients that want to use a lip gloss and ask for suggestions. I like being able to give them an opinion and honestly, there are times I wish I could just touch up my lips with gloss instead of having to take the eyeshadow and balm with me everywhere. I can honestly say that I was presenty surprised at how good ths gloss was. The more I wore it, the happier I was with it. I have the Love Kitten color and I must say that it is a great color. It does have a shimmery bronze color like the website says, but there is a also a little bit of a pink with it. It looks great over a normal nude, rose, burgundy, or even pink lip. A little goes a long way. It doesn't feel gloopy, tacky, or drying. I must say that this will be in my bag for a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2011 10:59:00 AM More reviews by Sarraaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have this in Near Peach, like the name says it's a lovely peach color, without any shimmer in it.

Pigmentation is good, I wear this with no lipstick underneath and 1 layer gives a peachy sheen, 2 layers is the exact same color as the tube on my lips. Didn't expect something so cheap to be so good honestly, This does not sit in fine liplines like the picture above

The only 'bad' thing I can say is it might be sticky if you apply alot, but it's a gloss so IMO they are all sticky.. Not really a bad thing..

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2011 5:03:00 PM More reviews by hotashi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought the Love Kitten lip gloss and it lasted me less than a month before it started to go bad. Initially the smell was very subtle and I dismissed it as being part of an inexpensive brand that wasn't fragranced, but the smell became more and more strong as the days went on. I stopped using it three weeks or so after buying it and the container had about 3/4 left of product left. It was a waste of money and I question how sanitary their packaging or product is if it goes bad so quickly. I would not recommend this to anyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2011 9:36:00 PM More reviews by dvaldez5

I really like this lipgloss. I have it in the color Carlotta. It's great! It's definitely my go-to lipgloss and it goes over any nude lipstick I have so far. It's gives it a hint of a pinky peachy undertone. Really great lipgloss :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2010 4:53:00 PM More reviews by Mariposa12

I got this in Love Kitten and I love the color. I had a hard time choosing what color to buy and ended up choosing Love Kitten and I like it because it brings out my natural lip color with a bit of sparkle. It's not too red or pink it's just a peachy-brown and to me it enhances my natural lip color w/o adding color and that's what I wanted ♥

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2010 8:36:00 PM More reviews by GulieQ

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

EDIT: I bought 2 colors, because I liked the clear (pucker), but they do NOT look like the colors on the website--and the tan has a lot of glitter (I wouldn't have bought it if I'd have seen/known it was "sparkly/glittery". Changed my rating to a 3 because of this--and no, I wouldn't purchase it again, now. I'll use this (in clear) until I can find something else I'm not allergic to.
EDIT: I bumped this up to 4, because I don't believe there's fragrance in it, in spite of the box-listed ingredients. NO allergic reaction!! YEA!!

I ordered this in Pucker (clear), because the ingredient list (here on MA) showed it had no fragrance. It does have fragrance listed on the packaging. (Am allergic to fragrance.) I opened up the tube (not worth the postage back for one tube), and checked it out. It has no scent at all. I put it on my lips, and it's shiny, but not tacky/sticky/too-liquidy...gel-like almost. It looks nice on, but doesn't seem to be long-lasting. The doe-tip applicator is not the most effective. It does feel moisturizing. No hives yet, but it's only been about 20 minutes. (Usually they are immediate) I updated the ingredient list above to include "fragrance"--per the packaging. It IS the last item, though, it is truly has NO scent at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2010 12:56:00 PM More reviews by ju1i4nn3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been a big coastal scents fan for awhile now, but always stuck to their palettes -- so I went out on a limb & tried one of these Smacks. I was very pleasantly surprised! I got the one in Love Kitten - and I love it! These are super smooth and aren't sticky at all. They go on evenly & are quite shimmery and pigmented. I can't wait to try more of these!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2010 9:42:00 PM More reviews by Hannnna

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a bunch of these when they were replacing the bottles and brush and they had a huge sale. I got Carlotta, Strut on Nude, Sheer Tan, Near Peach, and Pucker. I have to admit that I never use these and are stuffed in my drawer full of stuff I don't use. They aren't horrible, but the brush irritates me. The colors are decent. and the staying power is low. It is really thick and mushes up on your lips. It has a strange smell, and it was really tiny. I loved the packaging (except for the brush) because it was really cute. This was good for the money I paid (I paid about 11 dollars for the five) But I don't reccomend it. Sorry.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2010 7:38:00 PM More reviews by allude8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this in Coral Funk, its an orangey pinkish lip color. I love the payoff (applied color is true to color in the tube) and the consistency, its not sticky, doesn't smell. However, this means that it doesn't last as long as I would like it to be. Then again, its not a hassle for me to re-apply. I'm not sure about the consistency of other colors available but I love this color as it brightens up my fair/pale skin. Worth trying if you like a color like that. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2010 12:52:00 AM More reviews by violetcoffee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I ordered a Smacks gloss with my brush order recently. I went with Love Kitten (rec from beautybroadcast on YouTube) and it rocks. In the tube, the color looks too warm for my complexion, but when I put it on, the color is perfect. It's like a gorgeous YLBB with some shimmer and color. The packaging is fine - think it might be identical to the NYX round glosses. No flavor or scent as far as I could tell. And not sticky at all. Will def re-purchase.