December 19, 2014 | 1138 users online

Bronzers - Boots - No. 7 Smooth-On Bronzer

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2012 6:21:00 PM More reviews by ShopaholicTiffany

This was my first time tanning and I wasn't too keen on the idea of using a fake tan that was much more semi-permanent than this one, so I decided to go for a wash off one as if I didn't like the look or colour of it, I could wash it off and that would be that.

The colour of this product is absolutely beautiful, when I first put it on I didn't really see much of a difference until I put my arms together to see the change in colour, it was very subtle but not one hint of orange which is always good, I apply round 2-3 coats to get a nice golden brown colour which you can see clearly(still no orange). I wore this product to go shopping and it was a very sunny day, not going to lie I did get a little sweaty and it didn't streak at all. To remove the product on the packaging it says to wash with soap and warm water, I thought that the product maybe would have had a little resistance against water as it's going to be on your skin and have to go against all sorts of things, but I soon found out that this wasn't the case.....I applied my tan like normal, it looked good no streaks and all that jazz, before I left the house I was brushing my teeth, turned the tap on to fast and got little splashes of water all over me, including my arms, I patted them dry and carried on brushing my teeth, I went in to another room and realised that where I had splashed myself with water I had little white patches where the tan had just washed off my skin, this was with just water and nothing else...imagine if I had gone out that day and it had rained? I would have been left looking like a complete idiot.

The price of this is kind of bittersweet, it's around 12.50 which for the amount you get I think is fairly good, but when you start to think that to get a noticeable difference in colour on your skin you need to apply 2-3 coats all over your body everytime you want a tan as its a wash off at night one, it doesn't really work out to be very cheap, I have worn mine around 3/4 times now, only once on my whole body, the other times it has just been arms, chest and possibly legs and I can feel how much mine has gone down. This is a big shame as it is a really nice product...Oh and I forgot to mention this smells absolutely incredible!! I expected there to be a little bit of a tan smell, but when I first applied I was pleasantly surprised, it's a light perfume smell that lasts for the whole day, I have even been complimented on my perfume when I'm not wearing any, smells beautiful.

The tan itself comes in a brown box, nothing special, just a brown box, then the tan is in a long plastic tub sort of thing with a spray nozzle, first time I used the spray it somehow managed to leak out from the bottle, which is not good as I'm very paranoid of leaving this somewhere where it will leak onto clothes, bedding or furniture. On the box it says to rub some cream(it's not cream, more brown liquid to me) in between your palms and apply evenly to body, I use a tanning mitt as it's less mess and I believe makes the tan go on more evenly.

I would buy this product again just solely for the smell and the beautiful non orange colour, I hope my review has helped. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2009 10:09:00 PM More reviews by horkusone

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wow! This stuff is so much better than I expected. I am very fair-skinned and I have tried nearly every self-tanner or bronzer out there. I was so frustrated with the results of all of those that for the last few years I have just gone without. I saw this online at Target and decided to give it a try.

Just to be clear, this is not a self-tanner but a temporary body bronzer. So, it sprays on, you rub it over your skin evenly and then it washes off in the shower or tub. I cannot stand the work required to properly use self-tanners and the smell of those things is just awful. This is exactly what I was looking for.

It sprays evenly and believe it or not, it does not spray all over the bathroom like some others! It has virtually no scent at all and dries super fast. The blending is as easy as it gets although you will have to wash your hands afterward. The best part is that this stuff does not seem to run in light rain or sweating. To me, that is just awesome. So now I can look tan when I want to and it is quick and easy for me to acheive that look. The only thing that might be an issue for some is that it is a subtle color. So if you have really dark skin, it might not do much for you. Also, if you are looking for sparkles or glitter, this is definitely not the product for you. That was just another great selling point for me.

Love it!! Oh and you can only get it online at Target. They do not carry it in the stores.