November 21, 2014 | 961 users online

Shampoo - Matrix - So Silver

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2014 11:57:00 AM More reviews by Jenhaas504

I have been using this Matrix So Silver Shampoo for about 6 months now, previously I was using the John Freida version. I do like this shampoo, however, I feel like there is prob a lot better ones out there, its a very drying shampoo, I have to deep condition after ever use of this stuff. A girl I work with has always used the Paul Mitchell Silver SHampoo and I suggested she try the Matrix So Silver and she said it dried her hair out too. So, I don't think its just me that has that problem.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2014 3:30:00 PM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

As a brunette I like this shampoo, but for the price I prefer Pro:voke Touch of Silver twice a week Brightening shampoo treatment - less than half the price of the Matrix shampoo. Because both are so potent, even when mixed with my Avalon Rosemary shampoo (two thirds Avalon to one third silver shampoo) I only need a small amount. I leave the concoction in for two or three minutes and it really tones down my coloured hair, which currently has slightly brassy roots. Any longer and it gives my darkest brown hair a subtly gorgeous aubergine tinge. No dryness whatsoever. Other tricks I use every few days to counteract brassiness and colour-fading are Shikai Colour Reflect shampoo in Deep and L'Oreal Chroma Care conditioner in 23 Cool Brown.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2014 8:43:00 PM More reviews by flashdanzer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Another good Matrix product. So silver definitely cuts through the brassiness in my hair and leaves me with a nice clean blonde. It takes a bit of work to get a good lather and it does leave my hair dry but I find this is common with purple shampoos. I think you just need to follow up with a extra moisturising conditioner like Matrix Biolage Hydratherapie Conditioning Balm. The price is reasonable but the bottle is smaller than other purple shampoos that I've purchased. Overall I am happy with So Silver and would repurchase in the future.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2014 8:46:00 AM More reviews by Deedianne

Love how it makes my hair ashy but after using it I began breaking out around my hair line, neck and scalp. It wasn't until I stop using it my skin went back to normal. Overall great for its silver purpose and price, wouldn't buy it again after all the acne.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/18/2013 2:19:00 AM More reviews by bbdream

This does work well- it is certainly a good dark purple color. It does the job. But it is difficult to use- it doesn't easily coat all of your hair. Also, when i rinse, it makes my hair SO tangly and straw like.

WARNING! This burns the heebe jeebies out of your eyes. It literally feels like you are shoving tiny solid masses into your eyes if there is any contact. BE CAREFUL!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2013 9:43:00 PM More reviews by RebekahDigney

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have balayage hair which sometimes gets a little yellowish if i havnt been to the salon for a while. This shampoo really is amazing it cancels any of those yellow tones out and leaves me with an ashy blonde. The texture is smooth it doesn't have a bad smell, It doesn't break my hair either. If anyone here has used this and thought om-gosh its turning my hair purple don't stress!! it washes out after it wont stay like that. If for some reason it did all you need to do is put another shampoo product over it and you'll be fine :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2013 9:20:00 PM More reviews by snbonnell92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

What an amazing shampoo!

I have been a shimmer lights user and it worked for the first two weeks then started making my hair very brassy!..lets just say I threw the rest in the trash!

This shampoo was recommended to me by a lady who works for Ulta. She said she used it and would never go back to another product. I was iffy at first because I was told it can leave your hair with a grey/purpled huey look..and very dry.

but lets just say I washed my hair one time with this shampoo and I almost cried... (tears of joy).

My hair was that ugly brassy tone with some red in it...I had bleached it twice before that, toned it three times..that helped but my hair kept going back to orange..eww.
I washed my hair, left it in for 6 mins as I massaged it..

I also bought the John Freda sheer blonde conditioner..and let me say, I was amazed with what this product did for me. I went from not wanting to go out with orange ugly hair to wanting to flaunt it everywhere.

I have had soooo many comments and people ask how I got my hair so blonde/white! I tell them one bleaching and continue to use this product and youll achieve your goals! I love love loooovvveeee this shampoo.

I will continue to recommend it to everyone! 100% a confidence booster!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2013 12:38:00 PM More reviews by InLove87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is a very good silver shampoo!
I have blonde, coloured hair and it easily gets yellowish, so I use silver shampoo once a week. Matrix“s shampoo is the best cheap silver shampoo (ca. 9e) I“ve tried. It“s very effective and it doesn“t make the hair lilac, like some others do. It simply takes away the yellow tones and gives a hint of silver shine.
Unfortunately it dries the hair out, like all the silver shampoos.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/16/2012 2:58:00 PM More reviews by ashes1534

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

IT FRIED MY HAIR~!!!!!! DONT USE IT!!!!!
-i have slightly damaged hair from medical conditions and testing along with coloring but u wouldn't believe what anastesia and cat scan injection does to your hair!!! so i have been babying it since january no color no highlights and no flat iron and random blow dry. it was finally in much much better condition had no more fried ends and had finally got most of the damage cut.. well i went on vacation with my mother and forgot my shimmer lights shampoo at home that i have been using to help lighten my dirty blonde roots and blend my hair (witch works great by the way!)

so i used her purple shampoo witch was this brand i thought it might be better being matrix. How wrong i was!
IT FRIED MY HAIR~!!!!!! DONT USE IT!!!!!
i could not believe my eyes when i got out of the shower! despite deep conditioning afterword it split my hair about four or more inches up! and i wish i knew that it was the shampoo i assumed it was her blow dryer! because it was a cheapy one i never once thought of shampoo because i have never seen anything like this!!! made my hair so damaged!! everywhere! and it fell out in chunks! also extremely tangling and drying! i would sue them if i could! im serious this stuff is crap i might as well put bleach on my hair five times all over thats what it looks like! i only realized it was this shampoo indeed after making the mistake of using it again at my mothers home recently and was landed with fried ends again that i recently cut a month ago from previous damage from this same shampoo! and i now need a hair cut again! this is ridiculous! it doesn't state any where on the bottle to not use on certain hair types or be aware of damage. worst hair product i have ever used. shimmer lights is conditioning even the off brand gvp one at sallys and never has damaged my hair ever!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2012 5:32:00 AM More reviews by chesso

I had brown hair dyed blond and it was great for taking out any brassy tones and continued to keep my hair tones blond rather than yellow.