August 22, 2014 | 1113 users online

Liquid - Givenchy - Photo'Perfexion 100% Natural Complexion 0 Flaw

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2014 5:21:00 AM More reviews by victoriasaintnoren

This is one of my favorite foundation. I have nothing bad to say about it.
It lasts long and it gives a perfect finish.

My Color is in 3 Perfect Sand (3N01)

Foundation References:
MAC - NC20
MUFE HD - N120

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2014 9:21:00 PM More reviews by kaylapantz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was matched with 104 Perfect Cinnamon by Sephora's Skin IQ, and if I wasn't, I wouldn't even look twice at Givenchy. Because of my horrible experience with Chanel foundations, I decided that designer products weren't for me right now since they are targeted at a more mature age group (I'm only 19 years old). But the MUA offered to apply it on my face and I liked the results enough to take it home to see how it worked with my normal routine. Its very liquidy so it can go on quite sheer at first, but it definitely is buildable without being cakey. I gave it 4 lippies because the finish isn't really memorable.. it doesn't have a WOW factor, its not matte nor dewy, I don't really know what it is. I kind of look like a ghost without blush or bronzer, and I don't like wearing those on a daily basis. I would recommend though, it's still nice foundation. Price isn't great either, but I didn't expect anything less from a designer brand.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2014 6:16:00 PM More reviews by theroseoncloud9

I think this would work over a good moisturizer but I used it in addition to a good, well known primer and the results are horrendous. It didn't provide any coverage. It disappeared around my nose and chin after a couple hours. It highlighted the dry patches on my nose and made my forehead oily.

The only good thing was that the match wasn't off, no oxidization, and it looks pretty natural on other parts of my face. I will try wearing it with just primer. The only thing holding me together is my NARS creamy concealer!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2014 4:19:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

Nice foundation, but I am pretty picky about highend foundations. I wouldn't give this 5 lippies because it was nice and looked great but it wasn't the best I have ever tried. It felt lightweight and stayed more matte. Didn't transfer or turn a weird color. I didn't notice any settling or creasing. Overall its a nice foundation but not worth the price tag. I have gotten the same results from lower end ones.

My philosophy is, if you can get better or same results from a cheaper product it's not worth it to buy something 4 times more. That's how I feel about this.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2013 12:21:00 PM More reviews by catletter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Overall, for an oily skin the foundation was OK. The reason for not being perfect is that it does not have nice color options. At least for me.The colors are either too fair or inappropriately dark. I used number 5(the others were very fair), it is good at concealing flaws but it looked unnatural, I didn't like the almost orange color on my face. If a foundation is successful firstly it should look like as if it is not on your face. I don't think this foundation achieved this. But, it was nice that it did not cause any break outs. It has a sun screen which is another advantage. Not very good at oil control at a long period in a day. This causes the makeup become less permanent in the day. You should use additional powder. But you know ,for oily,combination and acne prone skin, even though powder makes the skin look matte, it can cause break outs. So let me summarize pros and cons about this product according to the effects on me:
Pros:
-SPF20
-Successful in concealing the flaws
-No breakouts
Cons:
-Doesn't control oil in a day
-Does not look natural because of that the color options were hard to fit
-Skin does not look matte(after 1-2 hours)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2013 9:08:00 PM More reviews by sitknee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After neither Teint Couture nor Eclat Matissime worked well on my skin, I decided to give Photo'Perfexion a try.

Shade 4 (warm undertone) was a decent match for my yellow, NC20-25 skin and the satin finish was absolutely gorgeous and completely flawless. One of the best in recent memory.
Just wish it lasted that way!
Coverage was good, buildable to medium, but not full.
Sadly, although this isn't full of alcohol (barring any fatty derivatives), it was a bit drying on my dehydrated oily skin. Also, wear was just ok and oil control was bad.
Teint Couture and Eclat Matissime faded nicely, but this seemed to cake up, mixing foundation and oils in a rather unattractive way.

Ingredients: Active: Octinoxate (Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate) 7.49%; Oxybenzone (Benzophenone-3) 2.5%; Other: Water, Butylene Glycol, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Dimethicone, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Dimethicone PEG-7 Phosphate, Phenoxyethanol, Squalane, Steareth-21, Caprylyl Glycol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Steareth-2, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polysorbate 60, Parfum (Fragrance), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Commiphora Myrrha Extract, Sodium Hydroxide, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Disodium Distyrlbiphenyldisulfonate, BHT, Artemia Capillaris Flower Extract, Hedera Helix (Ivy) Extract, Geraniol May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2013 12:59:00 AM More reviews by beautygroove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Dude I cannot believe I spent this much on my first foundation. Yep, I walked in Sephora, did a match and the gal recommended me this. She recommended Perfect Gold shade, which again looked dark and orange in natural sunlight. Oh, but I looked beautiful in the store though. Anyway, coverage is very great. And from what I remembered, it felt nice on my skin as well.

Again, I don't think I'll ever spend another $50 on foundation, unless the foundation clears my acne, dark spots, and make me look beautifully perfect. Other than that, I won't buy this one again :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2013 1:31:00 PM More reviews by sweetfart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I should drop a disclaimer that right before I started using this foundation, I switched to using a beauty blender sponge instead of a brush. I realized the switch to beauty blender really made a huge difference, but that means a lot of foundations I negatively rated prior to that weren't given a fair chance. so givenchy photo perfexion might actually be the same as the rest, but it seems way better to me due to the beauty blender. That being said, I'll focus on the durability and wear rather than the texture and how it works with pores (which is affected by the beauty tool you use).

Right out the bottle, the consistency reminds me most of MUFE HD foundation or Nars Sheer Glow. Givenchy's feels a tad thicker. The finish is not matte, but not as dewy as Nars, MUFE HD, UD Naked, or YSL Eclat. Applied on my dry face, I could seen a bit of a sheen but not greaseball. If you are oily, you will want to set this with a good setting or mattifying powder. It does get pretty shiney throughout the day. But I did not get nearly as oily as I did with the other foundies mentioned above.

The coverage is light-medium. It would be difficult to obtain very full coverage with this, as it's kinda "slippery" and doesn't build up very well. I was able to even out my skin tone, cover freckles and light acne scarring. But my very pigmented scars and the broken capillaries around the nose still needed concealer.

What I like about this is that there is indeed a sorta translucent glow to it, very similar to Nars Sheer Glow. It doesn't look like I'm wearing foundation. I still like this better than Nars Sheer Glow simply because this wears better throughout the day. I've also tried the Givenchy Eclat Matissime (matte foundation), which was also nice and better in durability but didn't provide the lit-from-within glow like this.

Overall, this is best for combo and dry skin but I think oily skin can handle this as well as long as you don't mind the touch up and blotting maintenance and having to use setting powder. This is a great foundation under harsh lighting, but the SPF will bounce back white in photos so I don't know why they call this Photo'Perfexion.

I am more or less a neutral leaning NC25 and I bought this in the new shade Perfect Cinnamon. It's light neutral-yellow in undertone, not as strong of yellow as MAC or Nars foundations, but not beige either.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2013 4:44:00 AM More reviews by road2lane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this stuff. Medium coverage great texture ( not the best scent) and gives the skin such a beautiful natural look! The only down side is I have to mix "Warm Ginger" and "Perfect Praline" which is costly, but this and Lancome 24h are my top two!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2013 11:58:00 PM More reviews by Gailkey2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this foundation in Perfect Almond and I must say that I always have difficulty finding one to match my NC45 complexion as I don't wear them often anyways. I loved the look and the feel of this one on my skin, as I like light coverage, it is definitely buildable! And I love that it has and SPF of 20. It feels super light and gave me that radiant soft dew glowy look which I adore. I love that it's a pump and all I need is one pump. I would repurchase but of course I'd have to actually finish the bottle 1st.