Givenchy Photo'Perfexion 100% Natural Complexion 0 Flaw

on 3/4/2015 12:26:00 PM

I might return to this foundation in the summer, but it's not hydrating enough for winter use on my skin. It didn't flake on me or anything, but I did feel a lot of tightness in my forehead whenever I wore this. Overall it's a great foundation and the only other complaint I have is that the lightest shade was just a little too dark for me.

on 2/24/2015 1:38:00 PM

For me, pores are a big issue. And everytime I tried foundation in sephora, I always find that almost all foundation will settle in my pores, I tried Dior airflash, La Prairie foundation, smash box. This one doesnt. And it smells good, with a soft smooth feeling. Will purchase again

on 2/7/2015 3:52:00 PM

I have mature skin but I have good skin. I love this foundation. No one recommended it, wait, one of the girls at Sephora did. I usually use Nars Sheer Glow which I also love. This has just a bit more coverage and has a great soft finish. I feel confident in this with no need to go elsewhere. I don't know why I'm the only person that doesn't like the Armani foundation but I just love this one. It's not heavy, it seems to last all day, my natural coloring comes thru and that's really all I'm looking for.

on 11/17/2014 2:00:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I tried a sample of this foundation in Perfect Praline, and liked it enough to purchase. I always wear a primer, although I haven't found the perfect one, and apply the foundation either my Real Techniques buffing brush. This foundation is beautifully smooth, I would say medium coverage, does a good job of hiding imperfections, and is brightening, with a slight luminosity. I find the range to lean quite yellow, but this color works on my nw20 skin. I powder and use setting spray. For me this foundation just isn't long wear enough. I wear it on weekend when I don't need so much wear time, and I really enjoy the look of it, but I wouldn't repurchase because I can get a nice look plus longer wear from Dior Forever or Mac Prolongwear.

on 8/25/2014 1:54:00 AM

This is one of my favorite foundations. I have very oily, sensitive, breakout-prone skin and my shade is very fair Asian with very yellow/green undertones. I wear shade 101 Perfect Beige to match my foundation to my very pale, very yellow neck, although sometimes I think that my face is the shade 104 Perfect Cinnamin. This foundation is lightweight but provides some coverage for my hyperpigmentation. I use the Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer or the Peter Thomas Roth CC cream underneath this foundation. Because I'm so oily, I use setting powder with every foundation and blot/powder throughout the day; this foundation is no exception. It contains SPF 20 with titanium dioxide and octinoxate; it does not flash back in photos. It has slight fragrance like a lot of the luxury French foundations, but it does not linger and it has not irritated my sensitive skin.

As I often mention in my foundation reviews, I try to avoid products with sodium chloride (well-known pore-clogger) and alcohol (skin ager and irritant) and it is hard because a LOT of the lighter feeling foundations contain these 2 ingredients. This foundation does not, and it's the main reason I really like this foundation. I like lightweight foundations that cover spots but looks like skin and I really don't want to put alcohol and sodium chloride on my face.

This is one of my favorite foundation. I have nothing bad to say about it.
It lasts long and it gives a perfect finish.

My Color is in 3 Perfect Sand (3N01)

Foundation References:
MAC - NC20
MUFE HD - N120

on 2/20/2014 9:21:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I was matched with 104 Perfect Cinnamon by Sephora's Skin IQ, and if I wasn't, I wouldn't even look twice at Givenchy. Because of my horrible experience with Chanel foundations, I decided that designer products weren't for me right now since they are targeted at a more mature age group (I'm only 19 years old). But the MUA offered to apply it on my face and I liked the results enough to take it home to see how it worked with my normal routine. Its very liquidy so it can go on quite sheer at first, but it definitely is buildable without being cakey. I gave it 4 lippies because the finish isn't really memorable.. it doesn't have a WOW factor, its not matte nor dewy, I don't really know what it is. I kind of look like a ghost without blush or bronzer, and I don't like wearing those on a daily basis. I would recommend though, it's still nice foundation. Price isn't great either, but I didn't expect anything less from a designer brand.

I think this would work over a good moisturizer but I used it in addition to a good, well known primer and the results are horrendous. It didn't provide any coverage. It disappeared around my nose and chin after a couple hours. It highlighted the dry patches on my nose and made my forehead oily.

The only good thing was that the match wasn't off, no oxidization, and it looks pretty natural on other parts of my face. I will try wearing it with just primer. The only thing holding me together is my NARS creamy concealer!

on 1/4/2014 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Nice foundation, but I am pretty picky about highend foundations. I wouldn't give this 5 lippies because it was nice and looked great but it wasn't the best I have ever tried. It felt lightweight and stayed more matte. Didn't transfer or turn a weird color. I didn't notice any settling or creasing. Overall its a nice foundation but not worth the price tag. I have gotten the same results from lower end ones.

My philosophy is, if you can get better or same results from a cheaper product it's not worth it to buy something 4 times more. That's how I feel about this.

on 11/15/2013 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Overall, for an oily skin the foundation was OK. The reason for not being perfect is that it does not have nice color options. At least for me.The colors are either too fair or inappropriately dark. I used number 5(the others were very fair), it is good at concealing flaws but it looked unnatural, I didn't like the almost orange color on my face. If a foundation is successful firstly it should look like as if it is not on your face. I don't think this foundation achieved this. But, it was nice that it did not cause any break outs. It has a sun screen which is another advantage. Not very good at oil control at a long period in a day. This causes the makeup become less permanent in the day. You should use additional powder. But you know ,for oily,combination and acne prone skin, even though powder makes the skin look matte, it can cause break outs. So let me summarize pros and cons about this product according to the effects on me:
Pros:
-SPF20
-Successful in concealing the flaws
-No breakouts
Cons:
-Doesn't control oil in a day
-Does not look natural because of that the color options were hard to fit
-Skin does not look matte(after 1-2 hours)