Givenchy Photo'Perfexion 100% Natural Complexion 0 Flaw

I plan to return this today. For the price I expected way more. It looked like your typical drugstore foundation. The coverage is LIGHT. It did not cover anything on my face. And the wear is not long. I do not have oily skin at all and this foundation wears off after three hours. I expected decent coverage and wear for the price ($50)!! I can get cheaper foundations that work way better than this.

on 7/17/2015 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this at Sephora when I was having trouble finding a good match in the new Nars foundation, which ended up itching after a few hours.

My skin is combination that can shift to oily in humid weather and can become dry in winter or in a desert climate. The oil is always in the T-zone.

Perfect Vanilla 4 really is a good match for my skin. I have fair to light skin. My biggest complaint with most companies, including but not exclusively Estee Lauder, is that whenever they develop light shades they want to make them pink or yellow, and to get beige you have to go to the medium shades, which are then too dark. This one blends perfectly. It dries a bit lighter than it looks wet.

In general, with all foundations, salespeople who want to match you are often not considering what the foundation will look like fifteen or twenty minutes later when it's dry. Many of them oxidize, despite claims. I usually insist on doing some other shopping and walking around in different light before I go back to the counter.

I usually wear Sand in Bobbi Brown, although sometimes Warm Ivory, and Perfect Vanilla 4 is similar to Sand, a neutral that's not too pink or too yellow. On the Sephora website when you select this color the photo looks pale pink, but the foundation is NOT pink. In real life it looks light beige.

I apply with a dry sponge and the coverage is light to medium. I get more coverage than a tinted moisturizer or BB cream, but less than Estée Lauder Double Wear. Photo Perfexion doesn't look mask-like. It doesn't feel heavy. If I have redness I want to cover I have to use a concealer with this as well. I don't use a beauty blender. If you dampen your sponge, be it round, wedge, or egg-shaped, before you apply foundation, your coverage may be more sheer than the coverage I get with a dry sponge.

I would say the finish is satin matte because it's not as matte as something like Double Wear but it's definitely not one of those dewy moisturizing ones either. This makes it a really nice choice for normal or combination skin, or slightly oily. I was surprised at how much I liked this foundation.

I always use powder. This helps set the foundation and minimizes pores around the nose and chin. I do not use a primer most of the time, and if I do, it probably has SPF. Slippery primers made mostly of silicone are not necessarily going to extend the wear. Some primers do the opposite. I like the finish of this foundation regardless of whether I use a primer, but if texture is a concern for you (acne, bumps, large pores) you may want fuller coverage.

SPF 20 is appreciated and good enough for an average day of errands and work. For the beach you'll need something more.

Non-irritating. Fragrance-free

Has a pump dispenser. I like pumps for keeping the product airtight and it's less messy than an open neck bottle. Of course, with pumps, when you start to run out, you have to unscrew the cap to coax the last bit out. This is true of all pumps.

The price of Givenchy Photo Perfexion is $50, which is high, but less than Giorgio Armani Lasting Silk, which is $62. Smashbox Studio Skin is $42 and Benefit Hello Flawless is $36. I have to admit that I alternated this foundation with a cheaper one on weekends or days when I wasn't likely to see lots of people to save money. I wish it weren't so costly.

Overall I've been really pleased with it and have used it up completely, which is a good sign.

I would buy again based on performance, but I will probably wait until I've used up some of my cheaper ones. I usually have two or three foundations in rotation at any given time.

on 7/12/2015 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is my holy grail foundation. It does make my uneven skin tone look flawless as the name indicates...the finish looks airbrushed with a slight amount of dew...it makes me look like I have naturally glowing skin (which I don't) . The only reason I don't rate it 5 stars is because I wish it had a little more staying power. With a primer, it lasts for about 6 hrs in the New York summer humidity. Not bad but ALL day would be even better. I apply with a damp beauty blender. You don't get as flawless of a finish with a brush.
I use the color perfect Amber- gorgeous and matches my skin PERFECTLY.
I'm an NC42 in Mac - I have combination skin

on 3/4/2015 12:26:00 PM

I might return to this foundation in the summer, but it's not hydrating enough for winter use on my skin. It didn't flake on me or anything, but I did feel a lot of tightness in my forehead whenever I wore this. Overall it's a great foundation and the only other complaint I have is that the lightest shade was just a little too dark for me.

on 2/24/2015 1:38:00 PM

For me, pores are a big issue. And everytime I tried foundation in sephora, I always find that almost all foundation will settle in my pores, I tried Dior airflash, La Prairie foundation, smash box. This one doesnt. And it smells good, with a soft smooth feeling. Will purchase again

on 2/7/2015 3:52:00 PM

I have mature skin but I have good skin. I love this foundation. No one recommended it, wait, one of the girls at Sephora did. I usually use Nars Sheer Glow which I also love. This has just a bit more coverage and has a great soft finish. I feel confident in this with no need to go elsewhere. I don't know why I'm the only person that doesn't like the Armani foundation but I just love this one. It's not heavy, it seems to last all day, my natural coloring comes thru and that's really all I'm looking for.

on 11/17/2014 2:00:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I tried a sample of this foundation in Perfect Praline, and liked it enough to purchase. I always wear a primer, although I haven't found the perfect one, and apply the foundation either my Real Techniques buffing brush. This foundation is beautifully smooth, I would say medium coverage, does a good job of hiding imperfections, and is brightening, with a slight luminosity. I find the range to lean quite yellow, but this color works on my nw20 skin. I powder and use setting spray. For me this foundation just isn't long wear enough. I wear it on weekend when I don't need so much wear time, and I really enjoy the look of it, but I wouldn't repurchase because I can get a nice look plus longer wear from Dior Forever or Mac Prolongwear.

on 8/25/2014 1:54:00 AM

This is one of my favorite foundations. I have very oily, sensitive, breakout-prone skin and my shade is very fair Asian with very yellow/green undertones. I wear shade 101 Perfect Beige to match my foundation to my very pale, very yellow neck, although sometimes I think that my face is the shade 104 Perfect Cinnamin. This foundation is lightweight but provides some coverage for my hyperpigmentation. I use the Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer or the Peter Thomas Roth CC cream underneath this foundation. Because I'm so oily, I use setting powder with every foundation and blot/powder throughout the day; this foundation is no exception. It contains SPF 20 with titanium dioxide and octinoxate; it does not flash back in photos. It has slight fragrance like a lot of the luxury French foundations, but it does not linger and it has not irritated my sensitive skin.

As I often mention in my foundation reviews, I try to avoid products with sodium chloride (well-known pore-clogger) and alcohol (skin ager and irritant) and it is hard because a LOT of the lighter feeling foundations contain these 2 ingredients. This foundation does not, and it's the main reason I really like this foundation. I like lightweight foundations that cover spots but looks like skin and I really don't want to put alcohol and sodium chloride on my face.

This is one of my favorite foundation. I have nothing bad to say about it.
It lasts long and it gives a perfect finish.

My Color is in 3 Perfect Sand (3N01)

Foundation References:
MAC - NC20
MUFE HD - N120

on 2/20/2014 9:21:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I was matched with 104 Perfect Cinnamon by Sephora's Skin IQ, and if I wasn't, I wouldn't even look twice at Givenchy. Because of my horrible experience with Chanel foundations, I decided that designer products weren't for me right now since they are targeted at a more mature age group (I'm only 19 years old). But the MUA offered to apply it on my face and I liked the results enough to take it home to see how it worked with my normal routine. Its very liquidy so it can go on quite sheer at first, but it definitely is buildable without being cakey. I gave it 4 lippies because the finish isn't really memorable.. it doesn't have a WOW factor, its not matte nor dewy, I don't really know what it is. I kind of look like a ghost without blush or bronzer, and I don't like wearing those on a daily basis. I would recommend though, it's still nice foundation. Price isn't great either, but I didn't expect anything less from a designer brand.