September 22, 2014 | 1266 users online

Lipstick - Yves Saint Laurent - Rouge Pur Lipstick #144 Silky Apricot

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2011 9:03:00 AM More reviews by Marianthoula

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have mine for a couple of years and although I was thrilled when I bought it, I do not find myself reaching for it as much as I thought I would.
It is creamy, applies well even with 1 pass and the colour is quite opaque, but accentuates my lines and my natural lip colour still shows.
It shows ANY little blemish on my lips. They are usually perfect (well, they are!) with minor peel even in harsh winter. Nevertheless, its formula manages to find every little flaw and show it. But I can live with it...
In my fair skin it is not very flattering, I usually pair it with a dark blue shirt and brown accessories just to wear it and not feel I threw my money away.
The smell is pretty strong but not overpowering, personally I do not mind.
The packaging is very classy but I keep it in my bag, in a special compartment so it does not get battered, and still its corners got chipped off and black shows beneath, so now it is very tacky and sad to look upon...
Overall, the formulation is good, the price is high, the smell strong and I do not quite reach for it. I cannot say I regret buying, but I would not buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2011 11:28:00 PM More reviews by songtothesiren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This to me is the perfect peach lipstick. It's a bit on the orange side, but the sixties-esque feel is what appeals to me. I've tried looking for this shade in both drugstore brands and high-end brands and I can say this is truly one of a kind. The scent is a little bit strong; sweet and a little bit fruity. I don't mind it though because a lot of high end lipsticks are scented. The packaging is a glamourous gold, very saint laurent. The consistency is creamy and fairly opaque, but not as opaque as some of Revlon's super lusturous lipsticks. The finish is half matte and half satin. It does seem to highlight any of your lips flaws, but I believe lighter lipsticks do that inevitably. It feels really smooth, moisturizing and comfortable on the lips. It's expensive, but it's worth it for the unique shade. It is a little bit cheaper than Chanel.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2010 4:58:00 AM More reviews by cadbury

I love YSL's rouge pur's.
Silky apricot is the perfect peach-nude that previously I have had to mix a couple different lippies to get.
I do like the colour - it's what you have seen in the magazines over and over, and its a fresh, sweet shade that looks especially good in summer.

The downside - The formula, being opaque and matte, does bring out any wrinkles or chapping on your lips. So it's not something you can just slick on daily.
Most nudes or orangy lipsticks make my teeth look yellow (but if you have Hollywood white teeth this will not be an issue)

The packaging is signature gold YSL.
I don't go for scented products, but I am in the minority who likes the smell of L'Oreal's lipsticks (and Lancomes) so I have to say I love the smell of these too.

I'm not sure if I would buy this colour again - for the time being I am going to choose No, but will come back and update this if it changes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2010 5:26:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this lipstick last year also. It is an apricot/salmon colored lipstick which I thought would work with my Red hair (I never do any testing on lips)... so, I used it a few times last year on vacation and then filed it away. Well my hair is Strawberry Red now and it is fantastic with my coloring. Additionally, I missed out on the Lancome Chris n Tell lippie and since Lancome is sold out, I refuse to pay over $ 65 for ANY lipstick on Ebay.. don't care if it's a "collectible".

I am right now digging up last spring's colors and products I found it again almost new and yes, it has lots of possibilities.

It is in vogue now since corals and apricots and pastels are BACK! so, this is a great color to use again. I did my mu with it again and used it as a stain -- and it is perfect. I did use a very soft pink blush (BB Pale pink) and some Acquavert ES (MAC Rose Collection) on my eyes with some minimal contouring on them with taupey Omega and Vapour for highlite.. and voila! I also applied some Lilac lip gloss (LM and MAC have them). A brand new look and I did not spend a penny.

I will continue to revitalize and revive some of my products with different applications such as mixing colors or adding different color glosses.

So far so good as I re-discovered a lovely color while keeping my wallet intact. I will not re-purchase because this is truly a spring/summer color for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2009 3:35:00 AM More reviews by betu520

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have this lipstick. But to tell the truth, I think it's not worthy of such high commendations. For the sake of beautiful color, I forgive it......it's really really really not easy to apply! Even with a lip brush! it seems that the lipstick doesn't like my lip?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2009 2:51:00 PM More reviews by pinkishbrown

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow...this lipstick is perfection. The perfect peachy-mod-pinkyesque lip...the best I could conjure up if I had made the formulation myself.

I also reviewed the YSL Rouge Volupte in Peach Passion, but this is less orange, more matte/satin (not so glossy/lustrey), and just plain gorgeous. I am so glad I have this!!

Finish: Satin/matte creamy...very true to the entire Rouge Pur line, if you've tried any. This finish does not flake, peel, or cause any other weird side effects. In a word, it's perfect.

Color: the perfect corally pale peachy-pink, but not SO pale that you look dead. I have dark skin, so that happens to me with many pale lipsticks....this is somehow not that way. I don't know how to describe the color, but it's just a very creamy apricot, not dark or orange at all.

Price: well yeah, definitely $$$. It costs $30, but let me say...it's worth it. As I said before...you can't get pampered in a more affordable way!

Scent: it smells rosy-mango ish...and that to me is a *tiny* flaw. I prefer no scent or the sweet/vanilla scent similar to MAC, but this is a small price to pay. In no way is it overwhelming.

Availability: this is a bit of a problem...everything seemed sold out, even on YSL's site. Thankfully i found at a nordstrom store, and they shipped it to me.

Misc: this very lipstick color was voted "best in category" from the O (Oprah) magazine recently! Obviously it's in high demand.

Overall: I like this better than the YSL RV in peach passion...it's less bright, total perfection IMO. My skin tone is dark, something between NC35-NC40.

Go get this now before every place is out of stock! :D

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No