August 23, 2014 | 920 users online

Conditioner - John Frieda - Go Blonder Lightening Conditioner

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2013 3:40:00 PM More reviews by thebeautyunknown

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely did not like this product. It did nothing to make my hair blonder or have highlights whatsoever, and it made my hair SUPER knotty and dry. Definitely not worth the buy.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2013 8:53:00 PM More reviews by LinaJo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It's okay. I think the shampoo does more than the conditioner does...I only use them during the spring/summer seasons. It works better on those times, in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2013 5:58:00 PM More reviews by SuzieQ1976

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Excellent conditioner! I don't know how much it actually lightened my hair, but I did notice my roots weren't as brassy as they were before I used this. I had previously lightened them but they weren't as blonde as I wanted them to be, now they seem more blended into the rest of my hair, which is a really pale blonde. My hair also feels A LOT softer! And it as really dry and unhealthy before from dying it so much. I love this conditioner and definitely will buy again! It's a little pricey for a drugstore conditioner but worth the price if it can make my over-processed and over-bleached hair feel this amazing!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by Geuliet

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Pros:
Smells good
Leaves hair soft

Cons:
Didn't lighten
Bad packaging
Expensive

I used an entire bottle of this once, my hair didn't get the slightest bit lighter. My hair was a dark/medium blonde at the time I used it. I wouldn't recommend using this product alone, i don't know the results if you use the shampoo along with it. I merely used the conditioner alone and got no results.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2013 9:40:00 PM More reviews by Princesa7

I used to use all the JF brunette hair products and loved them so when I went back to blonde and of course I had to try the JF blonde hair care stuff.

So last month (May) I decided to go back to being a blonde.

I use this conditioner and the matching shampoo...and OMG I love it!!

*The citrusy scent is nice and light.
*Conditioner is decently thick,coats hair good and rinses well ( I leave it for about 3mins)
*I've had no issues with build up or skin irritation
*Hair never feels dried out or stripped

My hair is naturally super curly(spiral curls)medium thick,I dye and use heat (hair dryer and straightener) and this conditioner is pretty good! Might not be the most moisturizing but it somehow works excellent with my hair and if I ever feel like its needed I add a little bit of a deep conditioner to the mix and I'm good to go!

This combined with the matching shampoo really brightens my color and makes my hair feel soft,shiney and healthy...just amazing!! Total repurchase!

*Update on 8/20/13 no longer using this I went back to being a brunette

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2013 8:25:00 AM More reviews by carinafb

Made my hair really dry! Only a good haircut fixed it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2013 9:30:00 AM More reviews by SoophNL

I have (had) dark brown hair. Summer was coming so I wanted my hair to be a bit lighter. I was doubting if I should highlight my hair or look for a product that maybe could light my hair. I heard a lot of people say that their hair turned reddish after they used products like go blonder. But on the other side, highlighting your hair isn't cheap. So I decided to try John Frieda go blonder lighting spray because it is not really expensive and there also were people whom were really happy the way their hair turned out.
The first time I used it I already saw a slight difference and after 3 times (I used is thursday then sunday and then again thursday) I could really see that my hair was lighter then before even my friends and family saw it. My hair was at the beginning almost black and now it is brown with maybe a few blonder hairs in it.
When I use this I first wash my hair. Then make it towel dry and comb through it. Then I spray a lot all over my hair (don't forget the back of your head!) and comb it through again. And then I blow dry it, on the warmest but the least hard blowing level. I hear that you can also use a hair straightener.
I am really happy with this product! I have a more summer look now! So I really recommend this product just weight all the possibilities because maybe it will turn your hair reddish but it wont go from brom to red so If i were you I wouldn't worry about that. Jut after the first time you see it's turning slightly reddish just stop using if you don't like it

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by bisco

I really enjoy this line. I have noticed a small difference when it had come to my highlights and it conditioned my hair nicely. I also enjoy the scent of the shampoo and conditioner. I would recommend this to anyone and everyone. It doesn't dry my hair out, at all.

I've been slowly trying to process my hair to a pale blonde, and after one more session I will be the blonde I desire (ahem it's taken two highlight sessions to get to a golden tone and multiple foils) but this truly does help in making that process easier and maintaining the lightness since i'm naturally a brunette with some copper undertone.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 2:47:00 PM More reviews by CassieBear226

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a brunette, and soon going to Florida for vacation, and I wanted to get the "sun-kissed" look before my vacation. I looked at some reviews and people stated that it doesn't do much for brown hair, but it does give it a brassy colour. I've been wanting the lightning spray but the drugstore was out of both shampoo and the lightning spray so I picked up the conditioner. The first time I used the product I saw a massive difference. My hair got a lot lighter, I don't know if it's just me or if it because I believe that the product will do what it says it's supposed to do, but I have super dark brown hair and after using this product for 3 weeks, my hair has been getting to a light brown with hazel low lights ! It's crazy! The scent of the conditioner is okay and it leaves my hair silky smoothe ! I don't use it on my scalp so I'm not sure about irritation as some people said they get. I use my normal conditioner on top of my head and use the go blonder conditioner on the bottom of my hair. I used to have really bad split ends and after using this product my split ends have been decreasing ! I really love this product and it's a great way to lightn hair without the harsh chemicals in dyes ! Really recommend ! It's not only for blonde hair !

rated 2 of 5 on 10/22/2012 9:52:00 PM More reviews by texasbeautyaddict

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I liked the conditioner better than the shampoo, but not by much. Despite using the conditioner, my hair was still frizzy following use. The conditioner is harder to rinse out (not annoyingly slow, but for someone who is a speed bather/in a rush this product probably could cause build up and I'm sure some scalp irritation). I used the conditioner, like the shampoo, for three to four weeks (with the shampoo) and did not see my hair getting any blonder. I did see it getting dryer and frizzier, which I was not a fan of (obviously). I do not blow dry, straighten, or dye my hair, and, at most this conditioner is average to me. Smell was not impressive, but better than the shampoo scent. I would not buy this product again, and, like the shampoo, I felt the packaging to be sub par as water collects in the lid (though product does not leak out, which is a plus).