John Frieda Go Blonder Lightening Conditioner

3.8

Water, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Lactic Acid, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cyclopentasiloxane, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract (Matricaria), Citrus Medica Limonium Peel Extract (Lemon), Helianthus Annuus Seed Extract (Sunflower), Vitis Vinifera Juice Extract (Grape), Vitis Vinifera Seed Extract (Grape), Dimethiconol, PEG 14M, Amodimethicone, Sodium Hydroxide, Benzyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Tocopherol, Trideceth 12, Propylene Glycol, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Alcohol, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Fragrance, Yellow 5

on 4/24/2015 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I DO NOT HAVE THE SHAMPOO. The product is loaded with chemicals which I refuse to wash my hair with because it would look fried. This is a review with the use of only the conditioner. Enjoy :)

I have wavy/curly, very dark blonde hair made of A LOT of fine strands. My hair is very dry and never seems to get conditioned enough. That being said, I know that my conditioner MUST be Heavy with moisture which this conditioner is not. I wasn't expecting it to moisturize (which is why I have deep conditioner I use after it) I just wanted that that blonde! This is why I give this Product a three.

I lived in sunny California for two years and it wasn't until being in six months of Winter in the Midwest, did I notice my hair being extremely dark. Almost light brown with a hint of red? ehk. The lack of sun showed my true hair color and I can hardly say I am a blonde :( If I compare pictures from ONE year ago and NOW It looks like I dyed my hair at some point, it was literally 5 shades lighter. I haven't dyed a strand in three years. All Natural, not to mention, it is now the same color as it was when I first moved to California! Thank god Summer is here.

The blonde in the Product:
I have used this ONCE.
I took before and after picture both in bathroom and in sunlit room, and I noticed a huge difference (no one else did but they will). I wasn't expecting it to work after one use so I can only imagine how it will look by the end of this week.
The tips of my hair have a golden tint as well as some parts in my roots. However, the bottom layer by my neck didn't seem so light, but that's okay!

I can already see this product lightening my hair and that is only using the conditioner.

I will update after using several times.

Thanks for reading!

on 3/18/2015 11:48:00 AM

This conditioner does not condition your hair! After I use it, my hair stays dry, knotty and rough, and it feels like I didn't use a conditioner at all.

I absolutely did not like this product. It did nothing to make my hair blonder or have highlights whatsoever, and it made my hair SUPER knotty and dry. Definitely not worth the buy.

on 10/11/2013 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

It's okay. I think the shampoo does more than the conditioner does...I only use them during the spring/summer seasons. It works better on those times, in my opinion.

on 8/27/2013 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Excellent conditioner! I don't know how much it actually lightened my hair, but I did notice my roots weren't as brassy as they were before I used this. I had previously lightened them but they weren't as blonde as I wanted them to be, now they seem more blended into the rest of my hair, which is a really pale blonde. My hair also feels A LOT softer! And it as really dry and unhealthy before from dying it so much. I love this conditioner and definitely will buy again! It's a little pricey for a drugstore conditioner but worth the price if it can make my over-processed and over-bleached hair feel this amazing!

on 8/5/2013 10:34:00 PM

Pros:
Smells good
Leaves hair soft

Cons:
Didn't lighten
Bad packaging
Expensive

I used an entire bottle of this once, my hair didn't get the slightest bit lighter. My hair was a dark/medium blonde at the time I used it. I wouldn't recommend using this product alone, i don't know the results if you use the shampoo along with it. I merely used the conditioner alone and got no results.

on 6/10/2013 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I used to use all the JF brunette hair products and loved them so when I went back to blonde and of course I had to try the JF blonde hair care stuff.

So last month (May) I decided to go back to being a blonde.

I use this conditioner and the matching shampoo...and OMG I love it!!

*The citrusy scent is nice and light.
*Conditioner is decently thick,coats hair good and rinses well ( I leave it for about 3mins)
*I've had no issues with build up or skin irritation
*Hair never feels dried out or stripped

My hair is naturally super curly(spiral curls)medium thick,I dye and use heat (hair dryer and straightener) and this conditioner is pretty good! Might not be the most moisturizing but it somehow works excellent with my hair and if I ever feel like its needed I add a little bit of a deep conditioner to the mix and I'm good to go!

This combined with the matching shampoo really brightens my color and makes my hair feel soft,shiney and healthy...just amazing!! Total repurchase!

*Update on 8/20/13 no longer using this I went back to being a brunette

on 5/4/2013 8:25:00 AM

Made my hair really dry! Only a good haircut fixed it!

on 5/3/2013 9:30:00 AM

I have (had) dark brown hair. Summer was coming so I wanted my hair to be a bit lighter. I was doubting if I should highlight my hair or look for a product that maybe could light my hair. I heard a lot of people say that their hair turned reddish after they used products like go blonder. But on the other side, highlighting your hair isn't cheap. So I decided to try John Frieda go blonder lighting spray because it is not really expensive and there also were people whom were really happy the way their hair turned out.
The first time I used it I already saw a slight difference and after 3 times (I used is thursday then sunday and then again thursday) I could really see that my hair was lighter then before even my friends and family saw it. My hair was at the beginning almost black and now it is brown with maybe a few blonder hairs in it.
When I use this I first wash my hair. Then make it towel dry and comb through it. Then I spray a lot all over my hair (don't forget the back of your head!) and comb it through again. And then I blow dry it, on the warmest but the least hard blowing level. I hear that you can also use a hair straightener.
I am really happy with this product! I have a more summer look now! So I really recommend this product just weight all the possibilities because maybe it will turn your hair reddish but it wont go from brom to red so If i were you I wouldn't worry about that. Jut after the first time you see it's turning slightly reddish just stop using if you don't like it

on 2/6/2013 10:20:00 PM

I really enjoy this line. I have noticed a small difference when it had come to my highlights and it conditioned my hair nicely. I also enjoy the scent of the shampoo and conditioner. I would recommend this to anyone and everyone. It doesn't dry my hair out, at all.

I've been slowly trying to process my hair to a pale blonde, and after one more session I will be the blonde I desire (ahem it's taken two highlight sessions to get to a golden tone and multiple foils) but this truly does help in making that process easier and maintaining the lightness since i'm naturally a brunette with some copper undertone.