July 29, 2014 | 1479 users online

Moisturizers - Avene - Trixera Emollient Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2014 12:01:00 AM More reviews by poptart40

This balm is the best! I have found many uses for it. I used it on some eczema I had on my hand and within a week, the eczema is gone! It's a great body moisturizer, especially in the winter months. I use this on my feet to soften my hard calluses. I had dry, raw lips and I used a little on them and now they soft and supple. My kid has itchy skin at bedtime so I use this to stop the itch. He says it feels good. After being in the sticky heat of the summer, I use this (and a fan) to cool off. It feels like cool water going on and blends so smoothly. I also use this as a night cream. I don't know how I could live without this balm, I love it so much!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2014 2:20:00 PM More reviews by KLynn88

Holy crap! This stuff is amazing. I have red, dry, flaky skin on my chin, and this stuff magically erases it overnight. This is the first product I've used from Avene, but I will definitely try more after using this. I had a reaction on my stomach to the metal buckle on my belt, and this balm really helped soothe and heal the rash. You get A LOT for the price, especially if you use it for spot treatments like I do (I think I payed 20$CAN for it, but I got it on sale).

Best feature, in my opinion: When I've used very concentrated balms like this one, I've never been able to apply makeup over top, as it just slips and slides on the oil. You can absolutely apply makeup over the Avene balm, as long as you give it a bit of time to sink in, and it keeps your skin moisturized throughout the day.

ETA: Found another totally random use for this versatile product (TMI alert). I ran a 10K this weekend, and I got a nasty case of chafing between my thighs as I stupidly decided to wear shorts for the first time this year (and I am a human who eats food to stay alive so my thighs DO touch when I run - gasp, I know). I washed the rash with First Aid Beauty cleanser, and followed it up with this balm, and it soothed the rash instantly. Thank you Avene!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2013 5:56:00 PM More reviews by ajax5455

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have atopic dermatitis on my neck (sort of feels like grains of sand under my skin) that gets worse when I consume milk products. My derm prescribed EpiCeram, which helps a little but is very expensive. I've tried CeraVe cream, which also helps a little. I used Avene TriXera Balm this morning and saw a huge improvement. The Avene product feels creamier and more moisturizing that the EpiCeram and is a fraction of the cost (under $25 if you buy through Amazon). If you're not satisfied with your current eczema or dermatitis treatment, give this a try. I'm very, very happy with it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2013 12:09:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This emolient balm is awsome! it brings back the moisture to the skin! The texture is velvety and smooth,it spreads well into the skin. Perfect for winter when the skin is more dry! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2012 9:32:00 PM More reviews by Betty24

I have cystic acne in my T-zone but have dry cheeks (thank you Accutane!). This balm is extremely gentle and moisturizers spectacularly without causing breakouts. I can use it on both my face and body. I also use it as an eye cream and I have not noticed any milia from it. Will definitely re-purchase again and again!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2010 1:34:00 PM More reviews by NATBEAUT

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm using Trixera emollient cream.
I have oily tzone acne prone skin but sensitive on the cheeks. i started using this when my skin was drying out from acne medications and i haven't stopped since. my skin has cleared up alot. this cream is non-comedogenic, feels oily but light and gives a healthy sheen to skin, is a very good moisturizing base to makeup and a great night cream. it comes in a large tube , i only use a pearl size of it each time so it lasts very long.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2010 1:48:00 AM More reviews by crabu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This come in quite a large size especially if you only need it for your face.It is a heavy balm that really sooth tight red skin.Ive tried other avene products to get rid of 1 problem under my left eye for a month now and none has really helped until this.Got it on sale at shoppers for 21.00,so I think it was pretty cheap for 200ml.My face feel super soft and non irritated for once in a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2009 1:47:00 AM More reviews by amymacd78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have eczema on my legs and arms and while I used prescription steroid cream when I have a break out, since I have used this product (about 2 weeks now) I have found I use my medicine less.
This is a great product for those with dry skin issues and/or sensitive skin. I would highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2009 8:38:00 PM More reviews by gingerrama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

The denser companion to Avène's TriXéra+Sélectiose Emollient Cream (the more recent versions also have this sélectiose stuff, though the old stuff was also perfectly good).

It seems initially like a very rich, dense balm, that looks like it needs to be rubbed in. Can be used that way on hands, feet and so on. Good on eczema patches on the insides of joints - my original use for it.

But there's a trick to this stuff: mix with two drops of oil, and lo! you have a more fluid cream, suitable for face, neck, and throat. Oils used here: mix of jojoba, safflower, sunflower, and sweet almond, with a little mineral. I used to use the TriXéra+ Emollient Cream (pump-bottle), but switched over to the Balm-mixed-with-oil as it produces a similar texture, but without the Cream's coconut oil that was producing some clogs (in combination with DHC Cleansing Oil - excessive olive oil the culprit there); a swap to GoW cleansing oil and the TriXéra Balm seems to have sorted things out. Another moisturiser that worked well being Desert Essence Daily Essential (except the jar melted in accident with an iron). I'd been using the Essence mixed with oil, and decided to try that approach with some leftover Balm in the cupboard as a last resort before going shopping for more.

In the regular non-oiled way, the Balm can be used on dry patches all over: this is one of the creams I've used to keep occasional mild eczema under control, for years. On very dry skin, and some forms of eczema etc., the A-Derma range (made by the same parent company) is excellent too: similar ingredients plus a lot of oats: think Aveeno but better-performing. The basic "Crème de soin" / Skin Care Cream in the "Irritated skin" range is slightly thicker than TriXéra Baume, but the nearest equivalent.

Like TriXéra Emollient Cream, there's no paraben preservatives, no fragrance, and it's composed mainly of Avène spring water, a plant-derived lipidic trio (ceramides, linoleic and gamma-linolenic fatty acids, and phytosterols - from safflower, coconut, evening primrose, and soybean oils), and mineral oil, plus glycine and sélectiose.*

Costs around EUR 13.00-15.00 / CAD 27.00-29.00 for a 200 ml tube. The tube stands on its end and has a flip-cap that can be a little stiff, but does stay well closed with no leakage. While a pump might be more handy, the squeezability of the tube means one does get every last drop. UPDATE animal-tested.

INGREDIENTS: Avene Aqua, Paraffinum liquidum, glycerin, cyclomethicone, PEG-12, glyceryl stearate, oenothera biennis oil, PEG-100 stearate, myreth-3 myristate, polyacrylate-13, benzoic acid, BHT, chlorphenesin, disodium EDTA, glycine, glycine soja, pentylrhamnosides, phenoxyethanol, polyisobutene, polysorbate-20, sodium hydroxide, Aqua.

* = the pentylrhamnosides, a patented anti-irritant - more info at http://www.wikipatents.com/ca/2544107.html continued >>

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No