October 23, 2014 | 1857 users online

Moisturizers - Chagrin Valley - Whipped Cocoa Butter

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 2:58:00 PM More reviews by starbuck777

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This moisturizer is phenomenal. Truly.

Wish is was less expensive or you at least got more in the jar. I have to use a lot of this to get the desired effect and at $20 for a small bottle, it ain't cheap.

But that being said, the product is so good and effective so I will still repurchase for sure. I might just have to make this my "special" and thereby occasional hand and body moisturizer.

I also really like that there's no unrefined beeswax in it as pollen is my personal allergen.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by katielouiseoct86

I really love this moisturizer! I bought the full size and it has lasted me a good long while. Though I use it sparingly due to the price (its such a special treat for me!) A little goes a real long way. It is a thicker body moisturizer which is why I like putting it on before I settle in for the night. The butter itself is solid but I just rub my hands together so it melts. This has a light sweet scent of cocoa butter. Its wonderful knowing my skin is absorbing all-natural, moisturizing, ingredients. Its nice they also offer sample/travel sizes - its a great way to test their products!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2011 8:37:00 PM More reviews by gingersparkles

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love, love, love!! It requires a little maintenance because you can't touch it with your hands in the jar, but totally worth the extra step! Besides the fact it is a wonderful moisturizer, it is all natural. What more could you ask for?

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2011 8:31:00 PM More reviews by madmm_x

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I actually love this whipped cocoa butter. I will not use commercial moisturizers because of all the nasty carcinogens and neural disrupters they contain. As a banker, I handle a lot of paper which saps the moisture out of my already dry skin. Plus, since I work with money (it's wicked dirty) and the public, I wash/sanitize my hands frequently. So I like a heavy duty moisturizer to keep the peelies and itchies away. This whipped cocoa butter did the trick. It does take a few minutes to soak in, but a little goes a VERY long way.
My one disappointment is how little product you actually get. My brand new butter melted in the heat of So Cal summer, and the resulting solid butter only filled half the container. The moisturizing properties were still the same, but I realized that I'm paying for half a container's worth of air. Now I use the Chocolate Buttercream Body Butter, which is just as moisturizing/soothing as the whipped butter, but is dense and fills the tin to the top.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2010 7:31:00 PM More reviews by luckydumplingg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was not wow-ed by this product like the other Chagrin Valley products. I have to use a lot of this to really moisturize my skin. Plus it leaves me greasy for some time before before sinking in. Even then, I didn't feel like it was a fantastic moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2009 10:35:00 PM More reviews by linseyp

I'm officially in L-O-V-E! I've been struggling with some severe dry skin/dermatitis on my face and absolutely nothing has helped. I tried cetaphil cream, eucerin lotion, jojoba oil, theraplex lotion, polysporin, hydrocortison cream and a few others and these areas continued to scale, flake, peel and even began to hurt like a deep bruise. I did not order the this cocoa butter to help this situation, I just thought it might be nice for my hands/body and I only got a sample. I applied to my dermatitis spots randomly one night without expecting anything. Next morning: MAJOR improvement. The skin was finally moisturized enough to begin healing and it stopped itching too. I put more on and throughout the day it felt smooth and soft - no more flakey scales! I keep putting this on and things keep getting better, so now I'm putting on my whole face and it is the BEST moisturizer I've ever used hands down. I will repurchase a big size. I'm also going to try out the Whipped Shea Butter too! I'm amazed by Chagrin Valley!!!!!!