August 22, 2014 | 1983 users online

Lipstick - Lancome - Groupie

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2012 6:52:00 PM More reviews by hunnybunnyipm

Wow! I have to confess, I got this for free which is why I priced it low. Also, the packaging does feel a little cheap, especially compared to Estee Lauder. I had a code for my birthday from Lancome where I'd get 5 lipsticks with a $35 purchase, and since I'm obsessed with their ArtLiner's I figured this was a good deal. I'd gotten some of their lipsticks in the past with combo deals, and not been thrilled with them (felt kinda waxy), but I was in need of an eyeliner anyways, so figured I had nothing to lose.

Glad I went for it!! Love love love this color!! I'm super pale and this is a wonderful red that gives me a little oomph without making me too vampy or washing me out. Great shimmer and sparkle too. On me it can transition from office (one coat) to going out (two or three). And it feels as smooth as lip balm on me, so I'm now back on the wagon with Lancome lipsticks.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2011 1:54:00 PM More reviews by Peaches1027

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I own or have owned many Color Design lipsticks, and this one is my least favorite. It has a little glitter in it, which I hate, and while the color saturation is good, it wears off inconsistently and looks sloppily applied after an hour or so. This is a golden orange-red that looks nice with my olive skin. The formula and lasting power aren't what I expect from Lancome. I will continue to use this until I get sick of it, and then I'll throw it out. I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2010 1:50:00 AM More reviews by summerross

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Groupie is a great color for a fair skinned redhead like me. It's a golden coral and has a beautiful shimmer. It's a bit gritty when first applied, but feels smooth once it's on. It is very long lasting with a lip liner under it. (I recommend the rather pricey but gorgeous Lancome Inspire which is basically the same shade as Groupie.)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2009 8:20:00 PM More reviews by airedale3

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Would I buy it again? YES! As a matter of fact, I bought 2. One for home and one to keep at work. It is a very dramatic lipstick with a lot of shimmer. The shimmer does make this a bit less creamy than many lipsticks, but I don't care. I love, love, love it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2009 10:35:00 PM More reviews by ahhhttack

This is the first lipstick I've gotten from a GWP that I've actually really liked. Groupie, one of Lancome's Color Design lipsticks, is a red toned coral with a BUNCH of shimmer. In fact, it's almost a bit too much shimmer; the lipstick doesn't apply as smooth as it should because of it (which is the reason I took off a lippie). However, the color is really pretty and goes on very opaque. It is definitely a dramatic color, I'd probably only wear it in the night time. I'd definitely purchase this shade if I ever run out of the tester. Unless you're very fair or cool toned, I recommend checking this out at your Lancome counter as it is the perfect lippie for summer nights!