Everyday Minerals Anna Karenina

4.3

Not tested on animals

on 5/25/2010 1:17:00 PM

I love the book this eyeshadow is named after and the shade looked nice on the website. So I ordered a sample of this and was surprised to see that it comes in the same kind of container as EM's foundation samples, which is pretty generous. The color is deep blue with a little shimmer. It's not really dark, but it is definitely on the darker side. It's not bright, I'd say it's sort of dusty and velvety, which brings you back to the end of the 19th century, when "Anna Karenina" was written.
The quality is good and so is the color pay-off. I'd say buy it!

on 5/31/2009 1:12:00 PM

Nice sapphire blue with tiny sparkles. Mix with EM Black eyeliner to make a navy liner. Goes well with my green eyes when I want something a little more dramatic.

Meow has much more vivid colors if you want more bang in your look.

ETA: Product is good, but company can't be trusted. CS beyond BAD! Will not purchase from EVER again. Check their BBB rating-Its F!

on 5/23/2009 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I've never worn blue eyeshadow because I have blue eye circles, but thanks to EDM's Pearl Beige concealer, I can actually wear this! This is a gorgeous gem-toned sparkly blue. I draw a thick line on my upper lashline dust it dry on my lower lashline. Fantastic, without looking tacky or cheap!

on 5/12/2009 2:09:00 PM

Finally a true sapphire color from Everyday Minerals! I bought this mostly to use as a different eyeliner color and it looks lovely for that purpose, and its also a nice color for eyeshadow on the lid or just for the crease. It has all the appeal and univeral usage possibilities of a gem toned product. My complexion and eye color is not necessarily best suited to blues - but I love mixing this with a sparkly purple or silver to give my eyes a very nice 'thunderstorm' color. If you can wear blues well, you'll definitely want this in your collection!