August 1, 2014 | 1191 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Bare Escentuals - Prime Time Oil Control

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2014 5:02:00 AM More reviews by saabrinad

Came across a decent priced high-end primer at Sephora $28 CAD and thought this would work well as the lady at the counter also suggested it. I get extremely oily over the summers and was looking for a good foundation primer that will control my oil/shine. To be honest, this primer does NOTHING. With or without this, it makes no difference. Definitely not worth the price or live to it's hype. In addition, it is pricey for something that does not work well. Regret buying and would not re-purchase or recommend.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2014 1:18:00 PM More reviews by makeupenthusiast1994

I love bare minerals, I switch between their powder foundation and tartes liquid foundation.
Honestly, this primer was soooo horrible. It has a gel like consistency, and because its supposed to control oil, when you put it on your face it almost feels sticky, and dries SUPER quickly and feels like its sucking any moisture out of your face.
It also did NOTHING to control oil! I don't get to oily, but after a full 8 hour shift at work I do get oily in the T zone, and when I wore this, I felt like it made my more oily??
Anyways, I wouldn't recommend this-but if you want to try this, def get a sample first! The original primer is better in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2014 6:47:00 PM More reviews by PameIa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really love this primer, my makeup looks really fresh after 8 hours when I use this. I apply it with my hands, and it goes on a bit sticky, smells a bit like elmer's glue :-( BUT it dries fast and powdery. I use it under revlon colorstay foundation, and so far, it has been the first primer to really control my oil. I don't even have to reapply powder unless I'm sweating a bunch, and need to de-shine.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2013 10:30:00 AM More reviews by lavarrogabrielle

Honestly I was looking forward to trying this out becauseI love bare minerals I use their foundation, concealer, mineral veil and warmth and have not yet been disappointed.
First of all, my skin gets EXTREMELY oily after about 3-4 hours, I blot 2-3 times a day, unfortunately this product did not work-in fact it did the opposite.

My face is less oily without this primer then with it on-it seemed to make me more shiny and oily. UGH.
Only good thing is its pretty cheap.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2013 6:13:00 PM More reviews by allypersson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

awful, awful stuff. I was a loyal bareminerals makeup user for 4-5 years. Thought the primer would be great as I have oily skin and my foundation tends to melt off throughout the day and I have to use multiple oil blotter sheets throughout a day. this primer is HORRIBLE. made my skin much more oily than usual...doesnt work whatsoever. Terrible disapointment. I got married in August and my makeup artist used makeup forever foundation and primer and I immediately switched over to that and LOVE it. used this primer with it and it's still just as awful as before. never again will I use this primer or any other bare minerals product!! Makeup forever is 100 times better in EVERY way.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2013 4:23:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

OMG... wish I checked reviews before buying this one. This stuff is horrible for me. I have combination skin, and I need a primer under my liquid (MAC StudioFix Fluid) foundation. I was heartbroken to see that the HG primer I had been using for the past 7 years had recently been discontinued, and I can't purchase it anywhere. :: sigh :: So on the quest for a replacement, I thought I would try BE- because I love their eyelid primer. Sadly, this isn't in the same league as the eyelid primer. I purchased the oil control version because the primer I used before was for Combination/Oily skin and had salicylic acid & silica in it, so I thought this one would be a close match. But this one went on my face like a vacuum... it just got sucked right into my skin and made it feel instantly tight. When I tried to apply my foundation over it, the foundation sat on top of the primer and did not blend into my skin at all. All it did was make my foundation look caked and unnatural... what a nightmare trying to smooth it out! I will say this in its favor, tho... it did keep the oilies away all day. Usually my nose starts getting a little shiny by the afternoon, but today it did not. But I can always remedy that problem with a little powder in the afternoon. I would much rather have a primer that sets my foundation the right way instantly, then one that keeps the shine off my nose. Going to see about returning this to the BE store.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/29/2013 2:40:00 PM More reviews by orangetwigletss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

yuck.
i have combination skin, so i do have to only put this primer on my t-zone. still, it feels like it's sucking moisture from my skin and it flakes off when i put foundation on. it doesn't surpass any other primer i have used in terms of my makeup's staying power. not only that, but the texture is goopy and it smells TERRIBLE, like putting elmer's glue on your face.
i've also had problems with the pump, it's stuck so i have to take some of the primer out with a q-tip.
i don't recommend this product to anyone, i'll stick to my too faced primer.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2013 10:23:00 AM More reviews by bittersweet411

I bought this primer ("new and improved" formulation) on a whim at Sephora and was surprised by the awful reviews when I returned home. I was ready to return it unused, but thought to give it a fair shot. Background: I am Asian, fair-medium, and prone to oiliness throughout the day. By 5 o'clock, you can bet most of my foundation has slid off or been dabbed into oblivion.

I use Lancome's Teint Idole Ultra 24H, which is water-based. I think that's the key to making this primer work because I have had no problems. Not only has my foundation lasted much longer, but I experience little to no oily breakthrough now.

I apply it after my moisturizer, which I allow to sink in completely before patting away any greasy residue with a one-ply tissue. I, then, use a small dot of this primer all over my face and really rub it in, section by section, getting dressed while I wait for it to fully dry. Finally, I put my foundation on (with my hands because it gives the most natural finish). I already notice a difference because usually, I have to soak up a thin layer of oil that appears after my routine, but I have not had this problem.

The texture is a thin, watery, gel. I can't comment on the packaging since I have only started using it. But so far, so good. (Although I'd much rather it be a squeeze bottle so every bit of product can be utilized.) Just make sure your foundation is water-based and I think it will be alright!

EDIT: After discovering Urban Decay's B6 Prep Spray, I realized there are better products on the market that aren't as fickle.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2013 3:33:00 AM More reviews by Gael09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

First of all, this is a water-based primer and thus it'll get along only with water-based foundations, otherwise the different formulations will fight each other and as you know oil is hydrophobic so you'll end up shiny as a disco ball..

This one left me in the middle but only because I wasn't using it the right way in the 1st place. As someone noticed earlier, if this primer is used on non-problematic aeras, it will flake very bad. I have combination skin but with very normal skin on the outer perimeter of my face; I use this primer only on my t-zone where I get shiny throughout the day. Since it dries up the targeted aera, no surprise that some combination girls with drier cheeks than mine will find this horrible. It's not an hydrating primer so for those of you looking for that, this is not meant for you. Combine with the use of a water-based foundation (Mac Face&Body for me), the skin looks a lot healthier, less dry.

Regarding the longevity of this stuff, it's just OK nothing miraculous. Since it has few (or none?) silicone in it, it doesn't smooth out the surface as much as I'd like too (downside right?). Another huge con for me is this packaging: The pump is great but when you're reaching the end, since it's a gel all the product sticks to the sides of the bottle and it's just a nightmare to get it in order to not waste your money!

I've changed my face routine and since my pores are less apparent and I'm less oily due to this new regimen, the primer helps my make up stay on longer than before.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2013 11:23:00 AM More reviews by louisahm26

At first I thought this was OK, but with continued use I've realised I actually really dislike it. I don't think it makes any difference in holding my makeup on or controlling my oily skin, but the worst thing about it is that it flakes off when I apply my makeup on top of it, resulting in making my makeup really patchy! For how expensive it is, I don't think it is worth the money at all.