December 19, 2014 | 994 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Bare Escentuals - Prime Time Oil Control

rated 1 of 5 on 10/28/2014 2:11:00 PM More reviews by erincollard

I saw no difference whether I used this product or not, and I mean, no difference at all.
I tried it with and without different foundations, with and without their pressed powder, with and without beauty balm.... and I could see no difference no matter what else I did.

Soooo, I started putting it on just one side of my face thinking I would see a difference by the end of the day... and nothing. Not once when I put it on half my face could I see any difference in how my makeup looked at the beginning of the day or at the end of the day.

I pitched the bottled, which I rarely do. It wasn't even worth my time to apply it.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2014 9:01:00 AM More reviews by Danilou90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought the bare Escentuals prime time oil control primer after being a complete lover of bare minerals foundation and their original primer. I have extremely oily skin and I have to blot at least 3 times a day and have to use a LOT of setting powder. I chose this product to wear under my bare minerals foundation thinking that it would help with my oiliness. The verdict is yes it does help with my oiliness but this has to be THE WORST primer I have ever used...ever.

It is no comparison to the original formula which I really like. To say it has been made to be used under their foundation, to do this is virtually impossible. I used a small amount, like directions state, left to dry, like directions state however it still peels off and looks like I have put glue on my face. It makes my foundation look cakey and looks as though I have dry skin (which I don't) not the flawless, no-makeup look I was going for. Then throughout the day the peeling just gets worse and makes my foundation patchy. Not to mention it is quite expensive. I Have tried it a few times in the hope that I am doing something wrong because I really want to like it but I just don't, in my opinion it's just horrible.

The primer has a watery glue like consistency (and smell), that made my skin feel very tight. My skin didn't react badly to it and I have sensitive skin so I suppose this is a plus point.

I have read other reviews that say by using with a liquid foundation it stops the peeling, but I haven't bought it to be used with a liquid foundation I want to use it with my bare minerals powder foundation.

Overall yes the product controls oil but it makes putting on your makeup a nightmare. I would avoid at all costs and save your money. I wont be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2014 11:48:00 AM More reviews by runty

I struggled with this product at first, as it seemed to make applying foundation impossible! However I think it really does control my oily skin. I apply a tiny bit to my t-zone, let it dry for a minute, and apply a basic primer on top. I have no foundation application problems with this method, and my skin is significantly less oily during the day.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2014 5:02:00 AM More reviews by saabrinad

Came across a decent priced high-end primer at Sephora $28 CAD and thought this would work well as the lady at the counter also suggested it. I get extremely oily over the summers and was looking for a good foundation primer that will control my oil/shine. To be honest, this primer does NOTHING. With or without this, it makes no difference. Definitely not worth the price or live to it's hype. In addition, it is pricey for something that does not work well. Regret buying and would not re-purchase or recommend.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2014 1:18:00 PM More reviews by makeupenthusiast1994

I love bare minerals, I switch between their powder foundation and tartes liquid foundation.
Honestly, this primer was soooo horrible. It has a gel like consistency, and because its supposed to control oil, when you put it on your face it almost feels sticky, and dries SUPER quickly and feels like its sucking any moisture out of your face.
It also did NOTHING to control oil! I don't get to oily, but after a full 8 hour shift at work I do get oily in the T zone, and when I wore this, I felt like it made my more oily??
Anyways, I wouldn't recommend this-but if you want to try this, def get a sample first! The original primer is better in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2014 6:47:00 PM More reviews by PameIa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really love this primer, my makeup looks really fresh after 8 hours when I use this. I apply it with my hands, and it goes on a bit sticky, smells a bit like elmer's glue :-( BUT it dries fast and powdery. I use it under revlon colorstay foundation, and so far, it has been the first primer to really control my oil. I don't even have to reapply powder unless I'm sweating a bunch, and need to de-shine.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2013 10:30:00 AM More reviews by lavarrogabrielle

Honestly I was looking forward to trying this out becauseI love bare minerals I use their foundation, concealer, mineral veil and warmth and have not yet been disappointed.
First of all, my skin gets EXTREMELY oily after about 3-4 hours, I blot 2-3 times a day, unfortunately this product did not work-in fact it did the opposite.

My face is less oily without this primer then with it on-it seemed to make me more shiny and oily. UGH.
Only good thing is its pretty cheap.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2013 6:13:00 PM More reviews by allypersson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

awful, awful stuff. I was a loyal bareminerals makeup user for 4-5 years. Thought the primer would be great as I have oily skin and my foundation tends to melt off throughout the day and I have to use multiple oil blotter sheets throughout a day. this primer is HORRIBLE. made my skin much more oily than usual...doesnt work whatsoever. Terrible disapointment. I got married in August and my makeup artist used makeup forever foundation and primer and I immediately switched over to that and LOVE it. used this primer with it and it's still just as awful as before. never again will I use this primer or any other bare minerals product!! Makeup forever is 100 times better in EVERY way.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2013 4:23:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

OMG... wish I checked reviews before buying this one. This stuff is horrible for me. I have combination skin, and I need a primer under my liquid (MAC StudioFix Fluid) foundation. I was heartbroken to see that the HG primer I had been using for the past 7 years had recently been discontinued, and I can't purchase it anywhere. :: sigh :: So on the quest for a replacement, I thought I would try BE- because I love their eyelid primer. Sadly, this isn't in the same league as the eyelid primer. I purchased the oil control version because the primer I used before was for Combination/Oily skin and had salicylic acid & silica in it, so I thought this one would be a close match. But this one went on my face like a vacuum... it just got sucked right into my skin and made it feel instantly tight. When I tried to apply my foundation over it, the foundation sat on top of the primer and did not blend into my skin at all. All it did was make my foundation look caked and unnatural... what a nightmare trying to smooth it out! I will say this in its favor, tho... it did keep the oilies away all day. Usually my nose starts getting a little shiny by the afternoon, but today it did not. But I can always remedy that problem with a little powder in the afternoon. I would much rather have a primer that sets my foundation the right way instantly, then one that keeps the shine off my nose. Going to see about returning this to the BE store.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/29/2013 2:40:00 PM More reviews by orangetwigletss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

yuck.
i have combination skin, so i do have to only put this primer on my t-zone. still, it feels like it's sucking moisture from my skin and it flakes off when i put foundation on. it doesn't surpass any other primer i have used in terms of my makeup's staying power. not only that, but the texture is goopy and it smells TERRIBLE, like putting elmer's glue on your face.
i've also had problems with the pump, it's stuck so i have to take some of the primer out with a q-tip.
i don't recommend this product to anyone, i'll stick to my too faced primer.