September 1, 2014 | 2006 users online

Powder - Yves Saint Laurent - Matt Touch Compact Foundation SPF 20

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2010 9:16:00 PM More reviews by imeldita22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

i want to love this makeup, but the thing is, i don't think the compact is sturdy enough. too plasticcky (yes not a word lol), the coverage is just ok, i have to layer it a lot to get a full coverage, and most of all, for 9g, i don't think it's worth $57 at all. Chanel in Double Perfection Compact is 13g for $50 and the coverage is way better than this. I do love it, and I will repurchase if the price won't be that expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2010 10:27:00 PM More reviews by yamyjones

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i realy like this foundation, i sometimes use it to set my liquid foundation and it gives me a great natural look. im in mac an NC45 and i use #8 it this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2010 10:25:00 AM More reviews by oohollyoo

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

For $57 I thought this would be my HG PF. It says it's matt with spf 20 color match 05 peach was perfect for my nc 35 skin, prestigous brand, with gorgeous compact. This is more like a pressed powder, it offered little coverage no matter how applied. This kept me shine free for only 3 hrs. The cute compact gets smudgy finger prints on it and overall I was disappointed. I am much happier with Too Faced amazing face spf 15 pf for $32.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2010 12:29:00 PM More reviews by drunkie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i found ysl products very satisfying, there is nothing wrong with anything i have purchased from ysl, including this. now i am onto my second compact of this very kind in the shade01. i wear NC 20 and find it slightly white for me.i am someone who enjoys light color powder on the center of my face where needs oil control and highlighting, so a little bit pale does not create any inconvenience for me.
i usually apply with a heavier hand to get the formal and matt finish when i wear bold red lipsticks( according to my own experience, red lipsticks does not look as great with glowy finish as with matt) .
when applied with sponge, it may look a tad powdery under certain lighting.Plus it is the best powder to give the finish that complements red lipsticks on my Asian skin. but when i apply with a fluffy blush, it does not look powdery at all and it gives a unbelievably wonderful matt look that does not look patchy even on dry skin. love love love this product and will 100%-never-been- so- sure- in- my- life definitely will purchase this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2010 9:19:00 PM More reviews by littleleech

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an excellent powder if you can get a color match. $57 is a little too much to ask for the initial purchase (I bought mine online at a discount), but refills are cheaper than Laura Mercier if you look at the $/oz.

I bought this in Pink Beige #7, which appears to be completely devoid of pink despite the name. I usually wear peachy-pink blushes, and found that I had to switch to a super pink blush to achieve the same result. I would probably prefer a shade that had a tiny bit of pink, but there's not much to choose from.

Overall, this powder keeps the shinies away much longer than other powder foundations I've tried. It's very smooth, so touchups don't end up looking like I've piled this on. I apply this with a powder brush in the morning after moisturizing, and use the sponge for touchups.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2010 7:43:00 PM More reviews by Nesian1

Absolutely adore this! Its the closet powder foundation to my beloved and discontinued Lancome Macquicake (the original one *sob* how I miss my HG!)

I have combination skin, but its in pretty good condition so after applying a little concealer, I use a normal large powder brush to apply this all over my face. Its quite sheer so my skin still shows through, but it looks even and matte and flawless. A little goes a very long way for me.

I hate the sponge that comes with it, it wastes alot of product and just feels unhygienic even after washing it every use so one lippy off. And its pretty expensive, I personally wouldnt pay the full price for it, though I do think it is worth it, so i get mine online for a great deal :) Love it! As close to my beloved HG as you can get.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2010 11:10:00 PM More reviews by chibirene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I love powder foundations, Ive used a bunch of them and this is by far the best. I think any skin type can use it and will work perfectly.
it applies smoothly, has decent coverage and you can use it as face powder over your liquid foundation if you have oily skin or need better coverage. I have very sensitive skin and YSL products dont break me out . I know is a bit on the expensive side, but totally worth it.
Is fantastic

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2010 2:22:00 PM More reviews by suwink9

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have combination/oily skin and I have to wear sunscreen. On the never ending quest for the perfect powder foundation, I am very pleased with this one. The matte quality holds well through the day and I don't have to touch up as many times as with other powder foundations. The powder is very fine and melted into my face immediately. The sponge storage is a little awkward. Over all- very, very pleased.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2009 7:59:00 PM More reviews by PanPan70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this foundation. I apply it with a brush and only use the sponge if I've got something to hide. It looks very natural when I apply it like that but I imagine you could get full coverage with the sponge. It provides OK oil control and it hasn't broken me out. It's pretty expensive but I like it a lot. You flip the foundation part up to access the sponge and I don't like that very much. I think the Givenchy ones are easier to use. Nice!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2009 1:28:00 AM More reviews by RavenBeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It pains me to write anything even remotely negative about anything that comes from YSL, but this was very disappointing. I bought the lightest shade available (Ivory) and it was so gold and so dark that I almost didn't even bother trying it. I could see in the pan that it was just way too dark, gold and unnatural looking. I figured I might as well try it anyway since I went to the trouble of ordering it (I am a glutton for punishment). Not only was it too dark and jaundice looking, but it covered next to nothing. If you are going to call yourself a powder foundation, at least offer some coverage. If you are going to call a shade ivory, then know what ivory really is because its more white than anything (certainly not gold and dark). It just gets old. It gets frustrating. I don't understand why some companies have such a hard time creating a pale shade with pink undertones for the thousands upon thousands of women like me who have ultra pale porcelain skin. I mean how hard can it be! I don't want to walk around looking like I have a self tanner on my face (and shouldn't have to). In any event this was a total miss. I used it on a fairly good skin day too and it covered nada...zilch. If you have pretty good skin and just need a little evening out, you may love this. I'm sticking with Jane Iredale's Pure Pressed Base in Ivory since they seem to know what Ivory is and their compact offers a great deal of coverage (was just hoping for something slightly lighter in coverage, but not this non existent)! Talk about extremes. They both cost pretty much the same however Jane Iredale actually delivers.

5 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No