E.L.F. Studio Angled Foundation Brush

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/27/2015 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Eats up product. Leaves streaks with certain liquid foundations. Mostly the thick ones like revlon color stay. I like the ecotools foundation brush much better. I also don't care for the angled shape. And I think I had to use super glue on it along with most other elf. Brushes.

on 2/22/2015 2:12:00 PM

Bristles are gentle on the skin and are super easy to clean. When I want a flawless face this does the job! I had to knock it down for one reason only though: as with e.l.f.'s Studio Blush Brush, the ferrule on this Angled Foundation Brush feels like it's going to come loose from the handle, so I never hold the brush by the handle to keep it from breaking off. I only had this for about 2 months, and I rarely use it because I typically apply foundation with my fingers. Given this brush practically came seemingly already broken, I imagine it would have been done for if I used this everyday for the first month. Good thing it's only $3, but still... not all of e.l.f.'s Studio brushes are flimsy like this!

on 1/20/2015 7:12:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Picked up this brush at TJ Maxx for under $3.00
I would not use this narrow tapered brush for foundation (streaky).
The bristles are a little stiff. I fooled around trying to figure out what to do with this brush and found it did a good job off applying cream/liquid products for countering. Overall, I don't recommend this brush over the splendid angled blush brush for countering and the elf powder brush for applying foundation.

on 11/7/2014 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I don't even go near this brush for my foundation. But I do use it for applying the darker colour when conturing. I never use it to blend it in it just won't do. And the bristles r all over the place probably from cleaning the brush but still. It's not a fantastic brush definitely not a brush I'd miss using or having.

on 10/21/2014 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I wanted to like this brush but I prefer their foundation brush from the regular line. I use that one only for concealer and only once in a while depending on which concealer I am using or to apply foundation/powder to a specific area for more coverage.
I tried to use both brushes with foundation and I hate applying my foundation with these types of brush.

I did finally find a use for this brush though..
I use it with my facial masks. I use the end to stir and mix up any of my diy masks, and the brush to apply them. It works wonderfully.

on 10/21/2014 2:48:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This shed a tiny bit the first day, but after that I did not have this problem. Animal lovers will appreciate that this is made of synthetic tafflon,and no animal hair. This is so-o soft my cousin adores this and I can see why. One flaw is if you use too much foundation this gets clogged and is frankly disgusting to use. Fortanutely, this is easily avoided if you use a moderate amount of product at a time,and after it is cleaned it works like a dream( and stays just as soft.)

on 6/5/2014 7:21:00 PM

It's not too bad. Does the job, but not the greatest result and a bit bristly. I'll be buying another brush for my foundation application and I might repurpose this for contouring.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I really like this brush. I use it to apply Revlon colorstay foundation.
It doesn't leave my foundation streaky and leaves me with a good even coverage.
The brush is soft and doesn't feel rough or hurt my skin with I use it.

This brush is not nice, but not bad. It simply does the job ! I apply my foundation with it, but I have to blend with another brush or with my fingers. For the price, I think it is an okay brush!

on 10/23/2013 5:35:00 PM

Eyes: Violet

First off, I like most of ELF's studio line brush and even some I absolutely love, but this particular brush is the worst one of them!

To begin with, the bristles are soft when you touch it on your hand but so rough and pokey on the face. It's also streaky when applying liquid foundation. I use Clinique foundation and it just eats up too much product. When I switched to another foundation brush (a high-end one), I get way better application and it does not eat up the product as the ELF brush. So I must say this brush is pretty waste of money, even for $3 USD.

Another bad thing is that the handle of this brush after the first wash. okay, to be fair, it is a cheap brush, but i just didn't expect the brush to crack so soon. and i'm not just talking about one small crack, but like, 5 long cracks. i still have the brush, but it might as well belong in the trash since why would I ever use it again if the handle is sh*t and the bristles is not any better. Save your money and find another alternative. I wasn't able to find a good, cheap foundation brush, so I bought an expensive one, but if you could find a cheaper alternative, that would be the best.

P.S. Real technique and ecotools doesn't offer good foundation brushes either in my opinion, so don't bother. But the ELF one is absolutely the worst!

Popular Makeup Brushes