October 31, 2014 | 1538 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Studio Angled Foundation Brush

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2014 4:55:00 PM More reviews by lushlife505

I wanted to like this brush but I prefer their foundation brush from the regular line. I use that one only for concealer and only once in a while depending on which concealer I am using or to apply foundation/powder to a specific area for more coverage.
I tried to use both brushes with foundation and I hate applying my foundation with these types of brush.

I did finally find a use for this brush though..
I use it with my facial masks. I use the end to stir and mix up any of my diy masks, and the brush to apply them. It works wonderfully.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2014 2:48:00 PM More reviews by Eire1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This shed a tiny bit the first day, but after that I did not have this problem. Animal lovers will appreciate that this is made of synthetic tafflon,and no animal hair. This is so-o soft my cousin adores this and I can see why. One flaw is if you use too much foundation this gets clogged and is frankly disgusting to use. Fortanutely, this is easily avoided if you use a moderate amount of product at a time,and after it is cleaned it works like a dream( and stays just as soft.)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2014 7:21:00 PM More reviews by imotchi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

It's not too bad. Does the job, but not the greatest result and a bit bristly. I'll be buying another brush for my foundation application and I might repurpose this for contouring.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2014 1:19:00 PM More reviews by majesticax

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love most of ELF'S brushes but this was the worst for me. I used it with my foundation and it was alright at applying, nothing impressive, nothing mind blowing. when I washed it, that was what went wrong. I don't know if it's the shampoo I used (I used a shampoo from the hair salon, and just a loonie size amount) and the brush went GREASY. its disgusting, feels disgusting, and makes my foundation gross. This was just my personal experience, so I wouldn't repurchase if I lost it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2014 11:26:00 PM More reviews by ReplaceAfterUse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this brush. I use it to apply Revlon colorstay foundation.
It doesn't leave my foundation streaky and leaves me with a good even coverage.
The brush is soft and doesn't feel rough or hurt my skin with I use it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2013 2:20:00 PM More reviews by iheartmakeup01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

This brush is not nice, but not bad. It simply does the job ! I apply my foundation with it, but I have to blend with another brush or with my fingers. For the price, I think it is an okay brush!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/23/2013 5:35:00 PM More reviews by poppylove93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

First off, I like most of ELF's studio line brush and even some I absolutely love, but this particular brush is the worst one of them!

To begin with, the bristles are soft when you touch it on your hand but so rough and pokey on the face. It's also streaky when applying liquid foundation. I use Clinique foundation and it just eats up too much product. When I switched to another foundation brush (a high-end one), I get way better application and it does not eat up the product as the ELF brush. So I must say this brush is pretty waste of money, even for $3 USD.

Another bad thing is that the handle of this brush after the first wash. okay, to be fair, it is a cheap brush, but i just didn't expect the brush to crack so soon. and i'm not just talking about one small crack, but like, 5 long cracks. i still have the brush, but it might as well belong in the trash since why would I ever use it again if the handle is sh*t and the bristles is not any better. Save your money and find another alternative. I wasn't able to find a good, cheap foundation brush, so I bought an expensive one, but if you could find a cheaper alternative, that would be the best.

P.S. Real technique and ecotools doesn't offer good foundation brushes either in my opinion, so don't bother. But the ELF one is absolutely the worst!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2013 12:55:00 AM More reviews by BeautyBug31

This brush is perfect for contouring cheeks --I wouldn't recommend for liquid foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2013 11:44:00 PM More reviews by luverchick

i cant apply my foundation with this kind of brush so for a while i used it to apply liquid under eye concealer since i have no use for this brush...but i gave up and i am sticking to just using my fingers

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2012 10:43:00 PM More reviews by DMlover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This brush is my favorite drugstore foundation brush. It does not leave my foundation streaky and it so smooth. The shape is perfect to get those hard to reach areas like around the nose. I recommend this to anyone looking for a great foundation brush for $3. It is very durable Iíve had it for a year already. It is also A LOT better than that nasty MAC 190.