October 25, 2014 | 1863 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Make Up For Ever - HD Microperfecting Primer in 2 Mauve

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2013 1:55:00 PM More reviews by madcancer7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

I have used this for some time now and really quite like it because its non-silicone based and the consistency is like lotion so it glides on my skin easily. I'm not too sure how the mauve lightens my skintone but overall as a primer, it is decent. My powder foundation stays on for more than 6 hours without shine execpt for my nose which is an oil slick.

It did not break me out which is a good thing and the packaging is really nice. However its not a HG for me as I feel there might be better primers out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2012 9:11:00 PM More reviews by pammie0415

I bought this because I was told that I could use this to brighten up my foundation (that is too dark at the moment). In terms of lightening up my foundation, it did a fab job. As a primer, I really like it too. Like many reviewers have mentioned, the consistency is really easy to work with and it dried quickly into a matte finish. However, because I got this in Mauve, it tends to cancel out the yellow in my foundation. I have neutral undertones so I use foundations with a balance of both yellow and pink. If I mix this primer with my neutral foundations, it makes my foundation too pink. So it only works when I use a yellow based foundation which kinda defeated the whole purpose because I bought it to lighten up my current foundation (which is neutral).
But aside from the slight mishap with the color correcting issue, I think this is a great foundation. For those girls who find their foundation slightly too yellow, this would be a great thing to mix into the foundation to cancel the yellow out. As for me, I think I going to buy this again in 0 Neutral and get a lighter shade in my foundation too. Because I really do like it as a primer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2012 11:31:00 PM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've tried a lot of primers in the past, but MUFE's actually delivers. I didn't get this for the "keep my makeup on" properties but more for the color correcting aspect which work well.

Since I am biracial, I have naturally tan skin. Despite that, I still get pale and a bit ghostly looking because I avoid the sun (I burn and freckle like no one's business which I try to avoid). I don't always eat as well as I should or always get enough sleep which leads to my skin running a bit on the sallow side. I also have hereditary under eye circles - nothing too bad but they are quite noticeable if I don't wear makeup. Because of these issues, I chose this primer in mauve because I really wanted something that would counteract these problems in one easy step (yes, I'm lazy!). I smooth this on right after my moisturizer. I have found that it blends quite easily and have had no problems with it so far. It also does well at balancing out my purplish under eye circles which is helpful as I don't wear concealer. I also think this perks up my complexion. I follow this primer up with MUFE's HD Foundation and MUFE's HD Loose powder.

So far, I have had no breakouts from it but I'm fairly religious about removing my makeup as soon as I get home. Despite the price, I would buy this again because it seemingly has addressed the issues I want to correct.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2011 10:44:00 PM More reviews by eyesopen33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't like this. It dried kind of matte and made me look older. Mauve made me look more sallow. This will be returned.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2011 2:59:00 AM More reviews by ransomnote

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

HG!!!!
I mixed my foundation, EL Double Wear in Bone, together with this mauve primer (50%mauve and 50%Bone) in the palm of my hand and I get a spectacular finish. I have weird skin - yellow on the surface but lavender undertones (I think) which means yellow toned makeup normally makes me look unhealthy and pink toned makeup looks garish. So, mixing this mauve primer tints my foundation and for the first time in my life, I have a COLOR MATCH!!!! YEAH!!! I have not worn the mixture for a full day yet but it stays on well for at least 4 hours. Aside from the color match, I just looked so much better. It's possible that the mixture sheered out the MU nicely and I think the primer helped my face look smooth. It does lighten the foundation. My friends kept using the words 'sophisticated' and 'classy' to describe the mixture when I wore it - this may be because they were so used to seeing me look unhealthy in un-tinted makeup that this mixture was a big improvement color wise. The Make Up Forever website lists the following ingredients for the formula:
Argatensyl
Seanergilium
D-Panthenol & glycerin
Phycosaccharide
Spherical silica microparticles
Dermatologist tested

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2011 3:47:00 AM More reviews by alikiki

I was sorely disappointed with this product! Not only is it pricey, it made my skin look cakey and pale - not a look that one would go for. A waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2010 3:12:00 AM More reviews by seba

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have quite oily skin and I'm fussy when it comes to primers, even more than with a foundation. Texture-wise, I love the light gel-like, slightly cooling effect when it touches my skin. It's easily absorbed, may be quite drying to other skin types but for my oily skin, perfect!
The mauve shade is weak imo, so I don't really expect a color correcting property but it does brighten my face quite a bit. My fdt stays on longer with it compared to other primers, the main reason I used this religiously. I'm almost done with my bottle (which is like the second time ever in my 15 makeup-junkie years lol) and I'm gonna repurchase it again and again and again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2010 11:14:00 PM More reviews by euny

I was very excited to hear about this product especially about the color correcting part. Maybe I had too much expectation, but I really did not like the peeling part(which minimized if you tried with like base foundation, like silicone) and I felt like I was wearing a thin mask on my skin(didn't feel like my skin was breathing). I have some pics on my site incase you want more details.
Hope this helps. http://eunynara.blogspot.com/

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2010 4:56:00 PM More reviews by e_L_L_e

I love the light gel moisturizer feel of this primer. It's a nice change from the myriads of silicone-y primers out there. I find that my powder foundation applies less powdery over this compared to a silicone primer. As for the color-correcting mauve color, I don't find it doing anything spectacular for me. Perhaps because mauve isn't the right color for me??!! Regardless, the formula is just lovely and I will repurchase a different shade next time.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/9/2010 1:43:00 PM More reviews by Slicker

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was in love with the primer version in the tube, and when I went to repurchase, they no longer carried it. Luckily I got a sample of the HD. The texture is thinner, so the tint is not as helpful (the former version gave a beautiful porcelain look). The effect is not as smooth as before and is overly moist. I'll be looking for a new primer.