November 23, 2014 | 2102 users online

Eyeliner - Smashbox - Jet Set Waterproof Eye Liner - Deep Purple

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2011 2:25:00 AM More reviews by troubleinlipstick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's ok

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2011 9:48:00 PM More reviews by karenaperville

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm on my third tub of this product because I like the color and staying power so much but sadly, it will be my last. It appears more like a soft black than purple (which I like) unless you apply it heavy for true deep purple color. The problem is it is very dry compared to the three other colors Smashbox offers, even when the tubs are brand new. I was so frustrated with tubs #1 and #2 that I ordered tub #3 directly from Smashbox but still got one that was waaay too dry. Smashbox really needs to fix this because it is a great product (it really stays put all day and the color is beautiful) but until they do, I'm not a fan.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2011 1:46:00 AM More reviews by Clare_3108

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have a lot of Smashbox Jet Set liners and this has to be the driest of the lot, from the moment I opened it! That aside its a really lovely colour mkes the green in my eyes really pop but, sadly for the dryness reason I won't re-purchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2010 12:30:00 AM More reviews by laneshe

I bought this at Sephora and when I used the display it was pretty dried out. I just figured it was because it was a display and really old. I opened mine at home and it was just as dry. I can barely pick up product with their special angled eyeliner brush. I am so disappointed. And for the price...
I just expect a gel liner to be soft and pliable, not dry and crumble-prone. I am sticking with Bobbi Brown, heck even Stila smudge pots!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2010 6:57:00 PM More reviews by pinkolive2010

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this liner in midnight purple and I just love it! the color is so pigmented and smooth, it goes on easy and dries fast so there is no smudging, running or fading, it stays on all day and night, I went out and got the rest of the color, I just love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2009 11:38:00 AM More reviews by hyperj00

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Buildable, versatile. Blends well until it dries and then it doesn't move. I use UDPP underneath; not sure how it would last without it. Nice color that looks good on my brown eyes. It's a smoldering purple rather than a bright purple. Looks more natural than the other purples I was looking at in Sephora. I use it both as an eye liner and a cream eyeshadow.

I am still getting used to applying it and have trouble getting it on smoothly, but that might be due to lack of practice with cream eyeliners.