October 23, 2014 | 922 users online

Makeup Brushes - Coastal Scents - Synthetic 7 pc & Case Travel Brushes

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2013 10:41:00 PM More reviews by mrszombabe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

There is only one word to describe this product, and that is terrible.

The brushes don't really pick up anything, and for the price you can just go and get Ecotools, they at least do the job!
I have never gotten such a cheaply made product!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2009 6:40:00 PM More reviews by ch0pstiks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Like the other review, I am less than impressed with this brush set. I've gotten better brushes at Walgreens. The only ones I might have found useful were the powder and blush brushes. The eyeshadow ones were just way to fuzzy and did not hold shadow well. I'm really disappointed after reading all the GREAT reviews about Coastal Scents brushes. The sad thing is, it wasn't even the set I was supposed to receive. I had ordered their Mini Italian Badger Set and even though it stated so on the invoice, I most certainly got the synthetic set instead. At first I was going to simply ask them to send me the right product but after previewing these, I think I'll spend my money on something else. Is anyone able to tell me whether or not there is a big difference in quality between their badger set and the synthetic set?

rated 1 of 5 on 5/10/2009 9:06:00 AM More reviews by Dinahout

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Please do not waste your money on this set of Synthetic Travel Brushes! Take the $24.95 that you would have spent on it and invest in Too Faced Teddy Bear Hair Brushes or even EcoTools!

Coastal Scents website says it's a Value of $29.95. Are they serious? After receiving the brush set, I checked their website and re-read all the positive reviews (overall rated 5 stars out of 5), and said, "What planet are these people from?!" and "Man, these people truly must have really low standards!"

The e/s brushes, a flat and a crease, were choppily cut to vaguely resemble an e/s brush. Many "rat-bites" in the bristles and overall just too long to use. Simply pathetic. I did some creative trimming with a sharp sissors and cut them way down. They look much better and I could use them if I wanted to. The only brushes near usable to me were the Angled Blush brush, the Face brush and after some trimming, the Angled e/l brush.

The case it came with was sloppily sewn and cheap looking. I wouldn't be caught dead with that.

It is such a shame that Coastal Scents would sell something like this. I wish I had taken photos before I started trimming the brushes. It wasn't worth it for me to return, so I take this as experience in cutting and shaping brush bristles. Absolutely YUCK!