December 18, 2014 | 1279 users online

Bronzers - Hourglass - Waterproof Bronzer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2013 12:21:00 AM More reviews by Annushka

$65AUD at mecca cosmetica.
the packaging feels really flimsy and thats why i took off one lippy.
the colour is matte, not orange and not red toned, right in the middle. it looks beautiful on my NC40 skin tone. i could wear this very lightly in winter, but Laguna or Give me sun (MAC) would be better suited as this colour is quite dark.
i haven't tested its water proof ability but i do find that it lasts all day with some slight fading on my skin, but nothing major like other bronzers I've tried. the texture is buttery and powdery.

i did find this bronzer hard to blend. my usual brushes that i use (MAC 109, Napoleon Perdis chiseled blush brush or Real Techniques blush brush) did not apply this bronzer very well. All my other bronzers which i mentioned (including Benefit Hoola and Too faced 16 hour bronzer) apply well with those brushes, but this one was a streaky and patchy mess. I ended up buying a powder brush from Napoleon Perdis for $45 just to be able to use with this bronzer because i found that it worked best with fluffier brushes to buff it out. I shouldn't have bought another brush to make this bronzer work but i did.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2012 5:28:00 PM More reviews by Lokibear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

Im not sure why this product is getting so much "hard to blend" feedback. Im not an expert, but I just apply with my stilla blush brush, gently gently and find it gives a
nice, matt, healthy all over warmth. You dont want to overuse it! Ok for contouring, careful though! Doesnt go "muddy" on the skin, and so grateful for total lack of shimmer..worth the money? Well. The packaging is beautiful and the smell is
sutble..I used to love "She" bronzer (shimmer an all) in "sun" (i think it was called) an it was a third of the price. I think theyre comparible. However I have pale skin and dont need a lot of bronzer, so if you had warmer/darker skin requiring heavier application you might have a different experience...wont buy again, but not sorry I bought!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2012 1:32:00 PM More reviews by istyleit

Cant believe i finally found a bronzer that doesnt make me itch or break out within 2 hrs of wear. I am still shock i strugle so bad with bronzers. This bronzer doesnt contain the irritating ingred that some "natural" make up does. I used tarte & was having reactions...i figured out it was either the bismuth (sp) or the boron nitride (sp) & it almost impossible to fi.d make up without these known irriates. But hourglass bronzer does not have them & im doing fine with it. I LOVE the color...that its matte. It took a very light dusting & light hand & its perfect.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/7/2011 8:03:00 PM More reviews by bonnie297

I hate this bronzer. Doesn't work on me at all, although I wish it would! It's too pigmented, orange, and doesn't blend. I have a friend who loves this because it's waterproof and matte so it can work for some people, but I would say definitely try before you buy. Also, while the packaging from Hourglass is always chic and luxurious this compact is terrible if dropped. The powder breaks at the drop of a hat and will get all over everything because the compact isn't sealed.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2010 4:03:00 PM More reviews by AmyDbaby

I can't say I am thrilled with this product. It may be waterproof but that doesn't mean it lasts all day on the skin which is what I was hoping for. It doesn't last any longer than any of my other favorite bronzers like BB and EL BG or Stila. It is VERY hard to apply without being streaky and blotchy. Yes, its pigmented and that can be a very good thing but even with the skunk brush I find this very hard to work with. The color is o.k. and it's not shimmy which is good. I don't know. I just expected a whole lot more from a $45 bronzer.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2009 8:38:00 PM More reviews by ecru0789

I love this. Yes, it's pricy but as a previous reviewer said its very pigmented and a little goes a long way. It can be difficult to blend, but I think with the right technique that problem could be resolved. Very natural looking. It makes your skin glow. No shimmers, no glitters, no shine. Just luminous skin!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2009 9:50:00 PM More reviews by roselovesmakeup

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well its been a while since I have done a review but for this Bronzer I had to tell the world! I am very impressed with this Hourglass Bronzer for many reasons but the one that sticks out the most is that this bronzer is waterproof! and the color is so natural.I hope to keep loving it since I am a very finicky person, but I do think this one is a keeper.Sephora sells them for 48.00$.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2009 3:29:00 PM More reviews by Ilse333

I was so impressed with this in the store; the shade reminded me of a matte Laguna, sort of a toasty golden-brown that mimics a real tan with no orange at all. Unfortunately on me it wasn't quite as miraculous. It's flattering, yes, but the waterpoof-ness turned out to be a liability, as this bronzer wound up a mottled, streaky mess after I jumped in a pool; I'd rather it just washed off. While it's silky to the touch, it doesn't apply quite so smoothly.... I had to rotate a few brushes and do more blending than usual. So I can't say I'd buy it again, there are just too many other awesome bronzers out there that deserve my dollar more.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2009 8:03:00 PM More reviews by kimball

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Powerfully expensive, but worth it to me. I am in Texas, and today the heat index is 102, I was out trying to get the zip-in windows in my Jeep and this stuff stayed put. The color is matte, and I use the SK skunk brush to put it on, starting lightly and building. I self-tan, but also exfoliate the heck out of my face (turned 40 this year, and that is suddenly a necessity) so on any given day I might look quite tan or my regular medium complexion and this works on either day. I don't see orange in it, but I usually don't in most bronzers. I will say that sweat was pouring off me today, and darn if that bronzer didn't hold it's own! Love the packaging, too, beautiful! I ordered the TM from Hourglass yesterday--so pricey, but makeup IS my greatest love--I will review it asap.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2009 12:00:00 PM More reviews by SusanMary

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this. It is matte, which I prefer in a bronzer and really is waterproof. It seems to work for a variety of skin tones depending on the kind of brush you use. I am quite fair but can tan (but don't) and I have a hard time finding bronzers that are not too dark, too orange, too glittery.

If I use a skunk brush, I can get a glowy-been-in-the-sun look. If I use an angled blush brush, I can use it for contouring.

I have break out prone skin and have been using for several weeks with no problems.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No