December 19, 2014 | 1447 users online

Blush - Chanel - Joues Contraste - In Love (US version)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2014 9:19:00 PM More reviews by NerdyLibrarianGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my first Chanel blush. Everyone always talks about the scent of Chanel blushes, so I was a bit nervous that I might find it too strongly scented or that it might irritate my sensitive skin. No worries there. The blush is very lightly scented and once applied, you don't notice it at all. I really like the scent. It doesn't smell like anything else. Just a lovely, sophisticated this-is-probably-really-expensive smell. So far, it hasn't bothered my skin at all. "In Love" is a light, corally-peachy shade with slight shimmer. It is super pretty on fair skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2014 7:49:00 PM More reviews by slim5555

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I went to the Chanel counter today after seeing a video blog on YouTube about this blush, I needed a little change up from my Exhibit A Nars, which I love, anyway I had purchased two Tom Ford blushes, Love Lust being one of them. First off Love Lust is indeed a beautiful color but I did not think the payoff was worth $57 American, had it been fabulous then no problem. When I saw In Love on my cheeks and got a whiff of the heavenly rose scented Chanel, I knew I was in luxury heaven. Okay something else worth noting ALL my cosmetics are in black packaging, very uniform and I like it that way, so Ford was an interloper with the brown case ! That aside I adore Chanle blush and always have, it lasts a long time and is build able. So count me In Love.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2014 9:37:00 AM More reviews by prowl2000

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

The best thing about this blush, except for the great colour is it seems to last forever. I had to throw it away not because it ran out but because it lasted more than 5 years! Comparing to the Dior blush that I have used alternatively with this blush, that one I repurchased 3 times while this Chanel Joues Contraste was still more than half. The pigmentation is great, you need only a little and no need to pack on a lot.

But it is pricey...(as with other Chanel items). The other thing I don't like about the packaging is the brush which I find not very soft.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2013 11:04:00 AM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

One of my favorite blushes ever! I'm NW15 in MAC and this is a beautiful color for me. A light, slightly shimmery coral (not orangey) rose. Slight shimmer/glow, but definitely not glittery. Applies beautifully and lasts all day. Typical Chanel light rose fragrance. Packaging is a black Chanel plastic compact with a domed blush and a small applicator brush. Personally I never use the brushes and wish they wouldn't even include them, and save the packaging space, so I'm taking off 1 lippie for packaging. Overall, I adore this blush and will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2012 1:32:00 AM More reviews by nattyngeorge

Chanel In Love JC Blush is one of my favorite blushes for every day. I'm not huge on coral-toned blushes, but I LOVE this blush on me. It's warm, natural and gives my cheeks the perfect warm glow. I range from the MAC NC20-NC40 coloring (light-medium to medium-tan with warm undertones). This blush is just pure awesomeness. Try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 10:29:00 PM More reviews by exotikittenx

My very favorite blush ever! It's the perfect vibrant coral shade with some slight gold shimmer. It really awakens the face. The staying power is excellent for me, and can apple a little for subtle color or more for a pop of deep coral.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2012 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Gailkey2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

OMG, I love this blush. I have weakness for anything with a peachy color. It's ironic that I love the color but not love the smell. It gives me a subtle glow from within-I am MAC NW45 for reference and happy I have this color.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2012 1:17:00 PM More reviews by BlueBall

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this blush for the summer time! I used it last summer and it looked really nice and glowy! Chanel blushes are one of my favorites including Nars. In Love is one of Chanel's most popular blushes and it is suppose to suit any skin tone! Also this was my first Chanel blush and I did not regret buying it!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2011 More reviews by zephyrdreambaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this blush. It looked natural and glowy when I tried it on at the counter. Temptalia describes it as a dirty peach and I agree with that description. Most peaches just look like painted color on me (I'm quite indifferent to peach blushes, out of disappointment), rather than the glow from within I try to achieve. Chanel In Love really gives that glow from within. But it only lasts on me for a few hours at the most. For the price, the blush ought to last longer than say, a MAC blush (can easily find a cheaper blush that will last longer). The fast fading of the blush is disappointing. It gets 3 stars for its amazing texture and color.

For reference - NC 44, olive/tan skintone, dark hair, dark eyes

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2011 8:17:00 AM More reviews by Rexina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

the color is pretty in the packaging but I have to pack this on just to get some color, and still it does not show up om me as mush as I like. This blush is so incredibly expensive that I expect much more from Chanel.