December 26, 2014 | 956 users online

Foundations - Everyday Minerals - Golden Fair

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2014 11:58:00 AM More reviews by bluestar21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Golden Fair is one of my favorite EM colors, and I have tried quite a few of them. I find that EM colors tend to be very extreme - the cool colors are so pink they look like blush and the warms are very yellow. I don't find this to be too yellow, but it is VERY fair. Almost white. Too fair for me to wear it alone, really. I like to mix this with fairly light neutral to get a very flattering and natural looking shade. It also looks like EM recently discontinued this color in everything but the matte formula, which is unfortunate.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2012 6:14:00 AM More reviews by missceline1990

I always buy their samples because I never know which colour to pick even though I've been using their products for years! I started with the multi-tasking colours, but nowadays I think they're too dark for me. Right now I use the golden fair colour, which is great for me! It's not too light and gives great coverage. I just love their foundations! They don't break me out and they give great coverage for my oily and sometimes prone to acne skin!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2011 8:16:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

It was a nice foundation for oily skin until they changed the formula in 2010. They added Lauroyl Lysine and now it clogs my pores and breaks me out so badly when it didn't before. Also I noticed they raised the price and cut the product amount down to nearly half, when they changed over to the closeable sifter. It went from from 9g to 5.5g. No longer a good quality product or a good deal. SHAME they wanted to mess with it.

Golden Fair (lightest in the golden category) is a a bit too dark for me but Buff Sandy Fair (the lightest shade in the neutral category) was too dull pink/grey. Golden fair is better as it looks cleaner and more luminous for pale gold skin. It's similar to Mac NC15.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2010 1:25:00 PM More reviews by altar_keene

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product does look very golden/yellow on my skin, but I have very strong yellow/warm undertones, so it actually works. However, I choose to mix this with a silica powder (I like TKB Trading) because I love the finish I get with a silica powder & I need it for the oilies. Plus, it mutes the overly golden/yellow look of this powder and gives me a more natural look. BTW, I got this in the Original Glow formula. I woulld say this is my HG loose mineral makeup. Love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2010 5:07:00 AM More reviews by garden0fgraves

I'm a very fair Asian (bihaku craze) but I do have yellow undertones so I chose this color. The first time I bought it, it was an Original Glo sample. I bought a Semi-Matte sample of another color but that one didn't match as perfectly as Golden Fair. However, I didn't like the Original Glo too much because it doesn't adhere well to my skin. So I bought the full-sized Golden Fair in Semi-Matte. For some reason, if I use only a light dusting, the color matches, but if I attempt to build up coverage, it becomes unbearably chalky. This didn't happen with the OG formula. I'm looking at other brands, but if I can't find that right color (for super fair Asians), I'll just have to suck it up and get the OG formula again.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2009 8:30:00 PM More reviews by philosophin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'm pale with slight yellow undertones and I found this to be both too light and extremely yellow. So I would only recommend trying this shade if you are extremely pale with either strong yellow undertones or cool undertones because maybe the warmth of the color will help to balance out the redness. Or it could look awful, I dunno. I gave it 3 lippies because it simply didn't work for my skintone, but I like the formulation (intensive).

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2009 12:24:00 AM More reviews by GinnyKiyu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I choose this for my sample kit but it was too, too, too light (I'm chinese with light/medium skin colour). I picked the original glow formula so instead I use it to highlight my face. If I want to feel glowy I would add a bit of this in my mineral foundation and apply it all over.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2009 6:01:00 AM More reviews by JulesGrey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm as fair as you can reasonably become without being a vampire and so I constantly struggle to find a foundation that is fair enough. And this one is.

The slight golden tone to it adds warmth to the colour. I tried buff fair neutral at first, but it left my face sickly grey/pale. This shade does not even if it is just as fair.

The different formulas have slightly different qualities. I prefer semi-matte and intensive for my combination skin. But everyone is having different preferences when it comes to those things.

It is all important that you use as little product as possible, good brushes (I prefer a very dense doomed kabuki) and an effective moisturiser to get a good result with EDM foundations since they have a tendency to become powdery and cake.

Why I only give this a two is that even though it matches my skintone and stays put fairly well, considering it is a powder, is also causes these small bumps on my cheeks of some reason. Since I switched to another brand, those did go away.

EDITED: I try not to buy anything from EDM any longer due to certain events that have made me decide not to support this company any longer. It is not that I do not like the products I own from them, but just that I personally cannot embrace them as a company.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2009 11:33:00 AM More reviews by SomerGirl78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this in the sample kit with two other foundation shades, and this one suits me perfectly. I am very fair with yellowish undertones. I got this in the semi-matte formulation and I love this stuff! I have been a Bare Minerals user for 7 years, and I'm switching my loyalties to EDM. This foundation goes on smoothly with great coverage, and I love that you can choose between semi matte, matte, intensive, and original glow (glowy, light coverage). I'm going to be buying this full size in both the intensive and the semi matte for days when I want more or less coverage. My new HG mineral foundation!