October 20, 2014 | 976 users online

Cleansers - Earth Science - Active Age Defense Whipped Cream Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2014 2:56:00 AM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Dang. I really, REALLY wanted to like this product. It ordered it online because of the lovely ingredient list in this face wash: Ginseng infusion, Amino Acids, Bata-Carotene, Lactic Acid, Sugar Cane Extract, Almond and Macadamia Oil. Yup, I was really excited to try it...until I actually DID try it...

This dried out my face pretty much immediately, which is already dry anyhow. Or else it left a funky residue that was doing its best to imitate dry skin flaking. It was also sort of itchy, which really sucked. At first I thought it was my imagination until I put on a mask of grapeseed oil and then used this to wash it off - it totally removed the oil which no cleansers ever do. So I knew this was just way too drying of a formula for me. Total bummer.

I can only use this as a remover for thicker, very emollient type masks and cleansers (Ponds, Oils, etc). I don't recommend this for people with dry skin at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2013 1:21:00 AM More reviews by Birdette

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have repurchased this creamy cleanser three times. Despite the creamy texture, it does a good job cleansing my skin and leaving it soft and fresh. For a little extra cleaning power in removing makeup, I just use it with my Clarisonic. I have to laugh, though, when they spell it "whipped crème" rather than "whipped cream." I guess the former sounds more French and elegant! The price is reasonable, and you only need to use a little bit.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2013 11:52:00 PM More reviews by geekyn00b

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Pros: Feels oh so gentle. Lovely, and helps my skin soak up moisturizer wonderfully. I like the scent and wish I could use it daily. 1/4 tsp is enough for my face, neck and chest.

Cons: “brightening” This gem is STRONG and I feel like it thins my skin. I may continue to use this once a week or so, but I don't need it daily (I prefer to use just water or honey and a facecloth).

My partner, OTOH, a 42 year old blessed with near-perfect skin, loves using this daily, for the extra moisturiser, and the luxe creaminess of the product. We're on our 2nd bottle, and she's also given this as a gift to her older sister and her best friend.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2013 4:55:00 PM More reviews by mulletoftruth

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

I admit I was drawn to this because it has "whipped cream" in the name, and was hoping it would be a creamy cleanser with sudsing properties. I've not had great experiences with most cream or foaming cleansers so I thought a cross between the two might do the trick.

It's not a cream cleanser, it's a foaming cleanser that happens to be white and thick. It does an okay but not great job of cleansing, leaves skin a little dry & taut, and takes a lot of effort to rinse off.

It's very, very similar to Clarins Gentle Foaming cleanser, so if you're a fan of that, this would be a cheaper alternative. I bought it at vitacost, where it's just under $10 for a 5.8 oz tube.

Incidentally, I had an allergic reaction to this (not sure which ingredient set it off, though.) However, my review is based on the actual efficacy of the product, and I would not repurchase or rate it highly regardless of this. It's just not a great product and I don't want to have to work that hard to rinse my cleanser off.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2012 8:44:00 PM More reviews by heather

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is an interesting, effective cleanser. Coming out of the tube, it has a luxurious, thick texture almost like cream soap, and a little goes a long way because it creates lots of velvety lather. It is fragranced, but I have not experienced any irritation from using it, even around my eyes. I like to use it with my Clarisonic because it is the most sudsy cleanser I own. I got mine at Vitacost, and this line is also available at many whole-foods-type stores. The packaging varies. Mine says Active Age Defense Whipped Cream Cleanser with Beta Ginseng.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2012 9:46:00 PM More reviews by Musja

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG cleanser. It's creamy, leathers a bit, super luxurious, and has a light scent that I enjoy. It cleans my combo sensitive skin well. I love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2012 7:39:00 PM More reviews by dragonflygirl7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a beautiful cleanser for my normal, sometimes slightly dry, sometimes slightly oily skin. This has a fluffy and creamy texture, delightful, barely detectable aroma, rinses cleanly, and provides gentle, yet thorough cleansing. This rivals and surpasses the Clarins Gentle Cleanser with Shea that I have just finished up...and is less than half the price. The container has changed a bit..and mine says Active Age Defense Whipped Cream Cleanser with Beta Ginseng. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2011 7:05:00 PM More reviews by NicoleNightly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Perfect. No/very light smell. Takes off make up. Great packaging. Cheap. Non irritating. Ph Balanced. So moisturizing it leaves my skin plumped and soft. Have not used around eyes

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2011 10:14:00 PM More reviews by janetgrace

Quite possibly the best darn cleanser I've ever used and I've used lots. Just a TINY bit does it and you get the cushioned feeling of thick whip cream on your face. While washing away, I just let it sink in for a bit. I can feel the richness. It's that good and there is NO reason to spend more on any other cleanser, if you desire a thicker one such as this. I loved it in the summer and I'm sure to love it during the winter ahead. Quite a find at Whole Foods. I'm thrilled Whole Foods supplies the consumer with such fine products, without all the gimmicks and unnecessary ingredients at high end retail stores. I believe the Whole Foods purchase is buying a product in a purer state that mass marketed products. Compare prices and you will pay a fraction of the price, with ingredients that do the job.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2010 12:02:00 AM More reviews by angeltrak1

I just bought the Beta-Ginseng cleanser & really liked it alot. Yes, I also love the fact that this is more natural ingredients. I'm 51yrs old, so maybe my skin needed more of whatever is in this than someone with younger skin. I liked the texture of the whipped creme, (it really was like whipped cream consistency), and even though packaging doesn't mean much to me, I always prefer a tube for cleansers. It seems to give my skin a soft feeling when I dry it. I've only used it a few times so far, but I really like it, actually was going back to get the only other one there tomarrow! I like sales alot!!!!!!!!!!! angeltrak1