Clearasil Daily Face Scrub

2.6

This product is not for sensitive skin, the little exfoliating beads in this feel like mini glass shards not balls. Definately not for everyday use. If you have oily skin you might love this, if you have dry skin or sensitive skin you will absolutely HATE this because it is very drying and rough. I use it every now and then, I think it works okay, but no real difference. This stuff also burns my eyes like hell, so that's another thing to keep in mind. Wouldn't repurchase as there are far better scrubs out there.

on 1/27/2014 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Alert - Do not use if you have sensitive skin. I have been using this for about a year and kept getting minor breakouts. I just thought it was because of my diet. After my mum used it she broke out and said it dried her skin out. I realized that it dried my skin out too and I produced more oil which has caused me to break out. It's definitely too rough. I now use Olay sensitive Foaming Face wash and it's a great gentle cleanser that actually cleanses my skin. So happy that I changed my cleanser.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Love this product i dont understand why so many reviews. I have dry skin acne prone and normal t-zone. An i use this every night before bed leaves my skin so smooth and helps the dry flakes. I follow it up with cethaphil cream.

on 12/2/2012 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This scrub burned me! I woke up this morning and could not move my face, it's like a mask. I slathered on antibiotic ointment and rubbed it in well, and the skin is starting to crack and peel. I don't have sensitive or dry skin, so it was very unexpected and horrifying! My face was raw and extremely painful for a week, I was worried that I would be permanently scarred from it. Stay away or use very sparingly, not twice a day like the packaging says.

Edit: I now use Shoppers Drugmart's Life Brand Clear Action Cream Wash which is also 2% salicylic acid but without the exfoliation and it is amazing, no dryness or peeling, so I know for sure that Clearasil's face scrub is really brutal and that I'm not sensitive to salicylic acid. Salicylic can exfoliate and gently remove dead skin without with addition of exfoliant beads.

on 11/7/2012 3:05:00 PM

I really wanted to like this product. My skin is not sensitive and after a single use my skin was red, sore and very tight. It's now been four days and nothing has improved. Obviously I stopped using the product and moisturizing just burns and stings. I will not be buying again! Way to harsh.

on 5/29/2012 12:15:00 AM

This is a review for the Clearasil Clear & Refine Daily Scrub which is in the DailyClear range in Australia. I bought this because I was trying to find a cheaper alternative to my Kiehl's Rare Earth Deep Pore Daily Cleanser, unfortunately this is not it! Though directions say safe to use everyday tt dried the area around my nose within 3 days of using it. I have combination skin and nose is the oiliest part of my face! I stopped it immediately and took maybe a week to put my face back to normal. I used this with the Clarisonic but if used with hands you can feel that the exfoliating beads are quite rough so might be too harsh for daily use. Went back and purchased my Kiehl's cleanser which is creamy and doesn't dry my skin out yet keeping breakouts and oilies at bay!

I switched to this Clearasil scrub after scouring like mad for a replacement for Neutrogena's grapefruit scrub, which was getting too much for my wallet every time I looked at the price I got sticker shock. Anyway, I was quite happy to find Clearasil's scrub had 2% salicylic acid and was under $5 so it's now my morning face scrub. It's pretty gentle with fine grains and has a pleasant scent although I wished it smelled like grapefruit. It is kind of drying but that's what moisturizer is for..

on 4/1/2011 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have very oily skin and I really like this scrub. I use it each morning in the shower. The scrubbing particles are small and not too numerous so I feel that I am getting a good cleaning and exfoliating. I do not feel any tightness or dryness after use.

on 1/13/2011 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This product is awful. It made my skin super dry and tight. It took 3 days of extreme moisturizing to get my skin back to normal.

on 8/14/2010 8:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I've used this for a couple years- I find that if I don't use it, my face becomes more oily and susceptible to breakouts. It's very good for keeping skin clear!

Popular Scrubs