November 23, 2014 | 1969 users online

Blush - Laura Mercier - Second Skin, Barely Pink

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2014 8:47:00 PM More reviews by Bloodorange

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was disappointed with this color. I have the Second Skin in Rose Petal and was looking for something lighter, and hoping for something cooler. For reference I'm between MAC NW20 and NW25.

The surprise after reading many reviews of this product, looking at swatches, seeing it in the pan, etc. is that after wearing for a couple of days and looking at the results in different lights, on my skin it comes across rather ruddy -- not cool enough, even a bit harsh. It's hard to see how a blush that looks this pale in the pan could do this on my fair, but not extremely fair, skin, but it does!

The texture is OK, but be warned this blush is pretty peachy and probably not right for the most fair people looking for a subtle look.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2012 9:05:00 AM More reviews by sadiemonster

This was a major disappointment for me! It seemed like it would be the perfect colour. In the pan, it's a peachier pink than I expected, quite vivid but not highly pigmented, so it's hard to overdo. It looks close to the shade of a natural flush, like a lighter shade of Nars Orgasm but without the glitter, so there's nothing really wrong with the colour.

Unfortunately the "barely pink" description seems to be based on a lack of pigment rather than a lighter colour. I'm extremely pale, but I find myself loading the brush with this stuff just to get it to show up on my skin. I've only been using it for a few weeks, and I've already hit the bottom of the pan. This is basically pretty matte, and I think I would prefer it if it had some subtle pearl. The finish tends to be a bit dry and patchy, so I don't end up with the flawless soft-focus blush I'm going for.

I know it's a cliche, but I really wanted to love this. It's so highly rated, and I expected that for a pale complexion it might be a no-fail, HG blush for that naturally healthy flush. For an immaculate PPP look, I still prefer Alima's Luminous Shimmer Blush in Primrose (but the shipping to Australia costs more than the product!)

I will say that I quite like this on the brow bone fto add warmth to minimal eye makeup on a complexion that tends towards ashiness. I may preserve what's left in the pan just for that purpose. I wouldn't buy again, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2011 4:50:00 PM More reviews by Strawberryshortcake21

I really like this blush. I am NC15-20 and think that this is a lovely natural blush. It is very difficult to describe, but when I wear it, it is a very natural light pink flush of colour. I don't find I can every overdo it with this blush.

I quite like using this as a base blush and would apply a second blush colour over the apples of my cheeks.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2011 10:12:00 PM More reviews by Elisy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

If you like Giorgio Armani's Sheer Blush in #2 you will probably like this one, it's quite similar, slightly more pink. Wears beautifully and works well with my NC15-20 skin. One lippie off for the amount you get for the price, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2010 11:41:00 PM More reviews by Brittina923

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have the second skin Cheek Colour in Plum Radiance and I really like it. Being an NW35 and having red undertones, blush tends to look really red or really dirty looking on me but this is the only color that seems to work. I love the smooth texture and it also works well as an eyeshadow. I wish it was a bit cheaper in price (25$ is a bit much for a 0.13 oz package), but it is well worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2010 7:46:00 PM More reviews by totoro

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

All of the above descriptions of this blush suffice, so I won't try to describe the color. I found it while looking for a higher quality version of NYC Central Park Pink, the color of which I love, the texture and staying power of which I hate. To my surprise I found this blush by LM, which is almost identical to the former but cooler. Only the uber pale need try this; it's about as light as blush gets.
Thusly, I discovered the superb and fine texture and staying power of Laura Mercier blushes. The packaging is teeny, but I think you would use less, so it's more economical than you'd think.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2010 11:43:00 AM More reviews by etmg

can't believe how much I love this product - when I apply this with the MAC stippling blusher brush it looks so natural on the skin, it really does like the colour is coming from inside the skin - totally natural and imperceptible on me. Have always veered towards NARS blushers but this my new favourite.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2010 3:22:00 PM More reviews by tmf1969

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Finally I found the perfect pink blush!

I'm a fair skinned girl (LM Warm Ivory; BB Warm Ivory/Sand 2; MAC's NW20) who loves the natural look of pink blush, however my skin has a tendency to blush naturally. Anything cut with too much brown looks unnatural and many of my past pink blushes (ie NARS Orgasm, MAC's Dolly etc.) has too much red which ends up looking unnatural.

As LM discontinued its Hazelnut blush, I was looking for a replacement. Barley Pink is pretty close to Benefit's Dandelion, however I find that the LM wears much better than Benefit. Slight shimmer but nothing over the top sheen with NARS' blushes. What I like most about this blush is that it is a true ballet pink blush with some slight blue tone to it. On my fair skin it looks very natural. Since the color is not a strong pink, I can see myself wearing a variety of different shades of lipstick gloss ranging from pink, plum, peaches, and even red.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2009 1:50:00 AM More reviews by crybaby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This blush looks incredibly boring in the pan, but really comes to life on my cheeks! It's a dusty baby pink with a gorgeous cool-toned iridescence. No glitter, but a glow that doesn't leave me looking shiny. Color-wise it reminds me of MAC Dame (or what I hoped Dame would be) crossed with Chanel Narcisse. *PIC*
continued >>