E.L.F. Mineral Eyeshadow in Temptress

2.1

Price: $

Price: $

on 7/6/2012 12:41:00 PM

actually I like this product, I finally found a matte colour for once!! im sick of getting shimmer products.. I love the shade of pinky plum and I do love the matte about it.. it's so naturally cute

on 1/28/2011 5:39:00 PM

I bought this color and was so excited to wear it. When I first put it on, it looked how it looks in the pan - a dusty rose color, but it was really pale. So I put some more on and it went from that rose color to an pinkish-orange color. I thought it may have been the base I put on, so I swatched it on my wrist. Same pinkish-orange color.

I can't say it's that terrible of a color, just not my cup of tea.
It's probably gonna go to the swap bin. :/

on 3/2/2010 12:26:00 AM

I am really surprised so many people don't like this colour!
I think this is a very nice neutral. It's a dusty rose colour so it's very subtle on the lids. You could easily pair this with other colours. This is great for natural looks because it's matte.

This is not a brightening pink, it is a cool tone pink. So I understand the other reviewers 'brownish' comments. It does darken the eyes, rather than opening them up. But I don't dislike that about it. I like neutrals and browns.
The colour wasn't exactly what I was expecting it to be, but I still really like it!

on 12/8/2009 12:12:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

this color looks just plain horrible on the eyes
(too muddy and black-eye ish)

it looks okay on the cheeks if you use a light hand

on 11/28/2009 1:34:00 AM

I bought Temptress as part of a mineral kit with two eye shadows, two brushes and an eyeliner. All three of the mineral shadows are the worst colors I have ever seen, and Temptress is the ugliest of the three. It's matte and it looked like I applied blush as eyeshadow. No other way to explain it. My DH asked me, "Why did you put your cheek stuff on your eyes?"

I am glad that I only paid $1.50 for this product, because I feel so bad wasting money in these difficult times. I will not purchase this product again...

on 11/20/2009 3:09:00 AM

I picked this from the web site. Yeah well to me it looks like a mud color. Or like a coco color but not like the site said. Not what I was looking. I wanted a darker pink color. The shadow it self is fine I just didn't think this was the color.

on 10/17/2009 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Overall rating: So boring and non-pigmented I couldn't even give it another chance to find some redeeming qualities :-(
Where did I buy this: E.L.F. Web site.
Price: Thank God I wasted only $.75 on this during their recent sale.
Packaging: Actually, the best you can get in any loose cosmetic product: large screw-top pot with a sifter cap.
Would I buy again: Ummmmm, let me see. I think not! continued >>

on 5/8/2009 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I ordered this in 8 colors: Glamorous, Mysterious, Celebrity, Elegant, Sassy, Caffeinated, Temptress and Socalite. I have been dying to try mineral e/s and saw that ELF had some for only $3 (I actually got mine on sale, 75% off!)

Color info:
Glamorous: warm slightly red based brown shimmer
Mysterious: matte lavender
Celebrity: slightly coppery light brown shimmer
Elegant: warm deep vanilla shimmer
Sassy: copper shimmer
Caffeinated: medium deep brown shimmer
Socialite: deep gray color shimmer

PROS: VERY shimmery (could be a pro or a con, depending on your taste, but I like them personally, and find them slightly buildable in terms of shimmer). Comparable to all other e/s when used w/TFSI (I have yet to find an e/s that won't crease on my eyelids w/o primer). Sturdy container w/a good amount of shadow. Good value for the price. Good texture.

CONS: The colors on the ELF website are not accurate at all. Also, the website doesn't really describe the finish of the e/s (matte, shimmer, etc) which is kind of annoying--I had hoped more of my e/s would be matte. The sifter holes let way more product out than they should IMO.

Overall, I would repurchase Celebrity, Elegant, Sassy and Caffeinated, and maybe even Socialite. I would not repurchase Mysterious nor would I repurchase Temptress.

Popular Eye Shadows