April 17, 2014 | 1375 users online

Lipstick - Lancome - L'Absolu Rouge - Rich Cashmere

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by tdhx0

I buy this shade is sets of 2 in fear it may get discontinued lol
It's such a beautiful nude shade. This formula is so creamy and luxe. It has SPF 12 in it and contains Pro-Xylane, which helps fill in the line of your lips to make them look smoother and fuller.
Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2013 9:35:00 PM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Gorgeous nude with pink undertones shade that is a must for those that are PPPs like myself (NW10.) I have been wearing this shade for the past few years and is one of the lipsticks that works well with a minimal or smokey eye look ...... I find the formula creamy, non-drying and lasting, however, I do dislike the scent of this lipstick although not as bad as some other brands.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2013 2:02:00 PM More reviews by furiana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

One of my favorite lipsticks. It mutes my lips to create a nude effect that doesn't make me look sick. As a bonus, the lid makes the cutest click! Great for people with rosy cheeks who can't normally wear nudes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2012 4:08:00 PM More reviews by gagag

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

HG NUDE FOR FAIR SKIN WITH COOL UNDERTONES - ESPECIALLY WITH HIGHLY-PIGMENTED LIPS! Just the right mix of peach, pink, and beige for those of us with pale skin and naturally rosy cheeks. Even though I bleach my hair blonde and wear full-coverage foundation to mask my ruddy complexion, this is my natural coloring: my hair is very, very dark, almost black; my eyes are emerald green; my skin is pink (well, my face is pink - the rest of me is more neutral). I tried, to no avail, to match a nude with my foundation and chemically-enhanced hair color. Useless. Every nude lipstick I've ever tried was somehow... off. They looked peculiar. I finally decided to look for a nude lipstick meant for pale girls with dark hair and pink undertones; in addition, I had to find one that could cover my highly-pigmented lips. Not only does this one work perfectly with my coloring - it actually camouflages my natural lip color! The only other light color that could do this was Chelsea Girls by NARS, but that's a thick peach lacquer so it's not exactly nude. Rich Cashmere is not the sort of nude that will make it look as though you have concealer on your lips; it's definitely more pink than flesh-color, but it works with this odd mix of coloring some of us naturally have. In addition, it's very emollient, lasts a fairly long time, and it actually makes teeth look whiter thanks to the cool undertones of the formula. There's no shimmer or glitter. There is a richness about it that gives it some shine, but nothing akin to laminated lips. It's not the least bit sticky - just a rich cream. Mostly, I use this alone, but sometimes I'll throw a gloss on top that I could never wear by itself because of my pigmented lips (such as Laura Mercier Bare Blush Lip Glace). I receive compliments on this all the time, and it really brings out light eyes if you have dark features. Pricey but worth it. I hope they never discontinue this!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2012 2:33:00 PM More reviews by spinnaker

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my HG nude lipstick! A good nude depends on your skintones, browner for some, pinker for others - I am fair, freckly, reddish hair, green eyes and my lips are quite pink. And this is the nude for me!

On me, this is a beigey pink nude with a slight shimmer. It looks pink enough not to wash me out if I am not wearing any other makeup, but still nude enough that it rocks with a smokey eye!
It is very moisturizing and lasts around 2-3 hours.
Lancome does use their signature rose scent with this lipstick and it is noticeable, but I quite like that smell, so it is not a turn off for me.

The packaging is great - the lipstick top clicks into place, if you know what I mean. I love that! I live for that click!
Story (and there always is one): I was at a funeral recently and met people that I hadn't seen since university, mid 1990's! And we are all evaluating each other secretly, especially in the women's bathroom. Her waist looks fat, her legs are great, you know what I mean. And I am at the mirror, putting on this lipstick and it looks great and then, in the silence, the click. And instantly, I was the classiest one there!

It is expensive, but it is Lancome; that comes with the territory. A cheaper version can be found in L'Oreal Colour Riche, Dune; but if you have the cash, this is a great product to spend it on.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2011 3:09:00 AM More reviews by Mala011

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the first lipstick that I actually finished. I made it all the way to the plastic! What a great go-to lipstick. The color is a great nude for me. Does not wash me out and even provides some sheen. I do not need a mirror to apply this lipstick. Staying power is good also. Lasts maybe two hours om me. Will repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2011 11:45:00 PM More reviews by edyarn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

LOVE the color. Hate the smell - and it doesn't dissipate even after wearing it. Also, I have very sensitive lips, and all Lancome lippies tend to make my lips rough like sandpaper - maybe I'm allergic?

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2011 2:47:00 PM More reviews by jmsk112486

I love this color but I hate the scent of all lancome l'absolu rouge lipsticks. I wish the smell would dissipate but it doesn't. I can smell and taste the fake roses smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2010 7:44:00 PM More reviews by SugarCone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my kind of nude!! My lips are very pigmented so those super pale lipsticks that look like concealer on my lips are never a good look. It is hard to find a good nude lip color for someone with an olive/tan skin tone. I like a nude lip though, and this is the perfect color for me. It's sort of a light caramel tanish color. To start off with the formula of these lipsticks is absolutely beautiful, silky, and moisturizing. If I had to only wear one lip color, this would be the one that I would chose. I would definitely recommend to those who want a nude lip color that is not super pale. I pair this with Nars Bettina velvet lip pencil, and top it off with Dior Addict lip gloss in 247 for a glossy, sexy look! love this color!!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/6/2010 1:48:00 AM More reviews by hernana

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I started out really liking this lipstick, even though I didn't get a huge color payoff on my darkly pigmented lips. What I liked was that the honey beige color nicely neutralized the blue undertones in my lips without making me look too washed out. The problem I had is that it made my lips burn and feel very dry. I didn't realize what was happening at first. I'd apply the lipstick and it would go on fairly moist and creamy, then soon afterwards my lips would begin to feel dry and uncomfortable so I'd apply more lipstick - this would go on all day long. Finally, I realized that the more I applied, the worse my lips felt. I have not been able to pinpoint what ingredient was giving me the problem, but obviously I was pretty disappointed with this $30 lipstick and will not be purchasing it again.