October 2, 2014 | 899 users online

Eye Shadow - E.L.F. - Mineral Eyeshadow in Elegant

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 5:48:00 PM More reviews by Inuki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first got this eyeshadow I didn't think much of it. However, it has gradually become one of my daily staples.

Elegant is a shimmery white gold loose shadow that brightens up inner corners of the eye and the brow bone effortlessly.

I also wear this color as a base for a quick no makeup makeup look with MAC Wedge and MAC Era brushed lightly in my crease, MAC Lightscapade on my brow bone and well-defined brows. Super easy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2013 9:52:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

I'm obsessed with ELF mineral eyeshadows right now. This color is a shimmery off-white/cream color that is a perfect inner-corner highlight for me. It's not too metallic and provides just enough light reflection to really wake up the eyes.

The formula is very finely milled and very pigmented. Such a steal for $3.00 (or less).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2012 10:44:00 PM More reviews by HannahS30

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love all of the mineral eyeshadows they are so pigmented and so cheap! i have very light skin and this looks very natural with a hint of BEAUTIFUL shimmer! LOVE IT! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2012 4:18:00 PM More reviews by starlightsparkl

I love this! The color is amazingly gorgeous and the consistency makes it super easy to blend.
I only have two complaints. If you apply a little too much it wills start to crease and of course, it's mineral. Hard to deal with and hard to not make a mess.

However, i use this every day and haven't even came close to finishing it up. i'm obsessed with the color, price, and the look of the shadow itself and I would repurchase if i ever run out. I recommend to everyone!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2012 6:32:00 PM More reviews by CaliforniaLuxe

My skin tone is between NC35-37 and NW30-35, and the coloring of this looked great on me. I tried using it as a wash (browbone highlighter) and on the inner corner of my eyes, and I like a very subtle shimmer (think NARS' Fez and Lola Lola as well as Stila's Golightly and Espresso, which are appropriately shimmery for me), but I found it too glittery for my taste. It's not a subtle shimmer but instead has a superfine glittery effect. The glitter is finer than the Dior Celebration quad holiday palette (which is super glittery - you can see the sparkles in the Dior pan and they are BIG), but I found both of these (the Dior and the ELF) to be too glittery for my taste.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2011 11:37:00 PM More reviews by ADPang

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Got this on a 50% off sale. Of course I found that it was worth it. Out of all of the colors I got this one was my favorite. I am able to use this in many ways, not only as an eyeshadow but also a highlight for my face. The shimmer is a really fine consistency. Beware it is very shimmery though. Yet the pigment is very high. I call the color a pearl cream.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2011 1:00:00 PM More reviews by Cailee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Lovely lovely shade of gold. Pale, but not so pale that it looks like a white gold. Doesn't pull orange, brassy, or any other undertone that makes us fair gals look sick or tired. This is perfect for me on those minimal makeup days, when I just want something super shimmery to brighten my entire lid area. I usually pair it with MAC's Soft Brown e/s in the crease, sometimes when I want a bit more color I take out my WnW Petal Pusher palette and play around with the colors in there to pair with this. This is quite sparkly, but the sparkles are very fine, and there's minimal fall out for me. I love that it doesn't make the lids look frosty or metallic, it just makes them look glistening, glossy and dewy with gold, close to the effect that lipgloss would make when applied to your lids.
Now, onto the ranting about this product. It's not just with this shade, but with all the e.l.f. Mineral Shadows in general. In a nutshell, the beauty of this is short-lived. They fade sooo freaking fast (mine only lasted about two hours before it started to fade, which is unacceptable to me). And, mind you, I don't have oily eyelids, but I've found that even above UDPP AND a MAC Paint Pot together, these STILL crease like nobody's business. The color and versatility of this particular shade was enough for me to give it a 3 (I really should round it down to 2.5) but those are really the only redeeming qualities.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2011 11:58:00 AM More reviews by fairlady01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It's the perfect gold for ladies with blue eyes and fair skin! :) I blend E.L.F. Elegance with New York Color sparkle dust in Champagne to deepen the gold hue a bit. This mixture is that elusive non-orangey shade of super pale gold shade that doesn't make me look tired or sick since it doesn't pull orange or yellow. It makes my blue eyes pop and brightens the whole eye area, so I always reach for this gold hybrid eyeshadow when I've had a late night. Pairs well with an olive shade like Mac Henna, and complements purple shades like Trax and Sketch beautifully. The containers of Elegance and Champagne will probably last a lifetime, so I don't think I'd repurchase, just for that reason. The only thing that sucks about Elegance (and Champagne) is that they're loose shadows, which can be messy to deal with. I'm going to press a pan of it, and report back with how it holds up. So happy to have found this eyeshadow!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2011 3:17:00 AM More reviews by stephyrm12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i got this in a set along with wild and golden and im shocked that wild had like a 3.5 rating and this has such a high one! i found this color to be nothing special or extremely unique in color, but the pigmentation suckssssss. its very hard to get the color to show up on my lid. if i want an actual color to show, i have to pat it over my lid multiple times before it starts to show. you can get a color like this with better pigmentation and formulation.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2011 2:18:00 PM More reviews by makeupmadness23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this eyeshadow! Elegant is a very light gold color. This eyeshadow is extremely sparkley and pigmented. However, it does crease, so primer is a must.