Shikai All Natural Hand and Body Lotion

3.9

on 8/19/2014 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'd been pining for this lotion in Honeysuckle for quite some time before finally running out of my last lotion and replacing it with this. And boy did it live up to my expectations.
First off, I'm crazy about honeysuckle. I love the scent. I find it's one of the few floral scents that doesn't turn sour on my skin, so when I see an opportunity to use it, I will. The scent of this lotion smells very much like the actual plant (which can be hard to achieve properly) and it lasts for hours and hours without being overpowering.
But most importantly, the moisturizing properties of this lotion are out of this world! My skin, which is normally dry and flaky all over my body (except my face of course), feels softer and softer as the day progresses, even though I only apply this in the morning after my shower. I've never had a lotion do that for me.
It absorbs quickly, doesn't shed any white film onto my clothing, and doesn't feel greasy or sticky.
The tube it comes in is a big squeeze tube. I prefer this, as having the lid on the bottom allows for the product to always be near the cap, which makes it easier to get more out of the product when it starts running low.
It's not super cheap, but it's not expensive either. It's normally $8 no matter where I get it, but this week, Whole Foods was having a sale for $1 off.
I will definitely repurchase, and likely try other scents if I can ever get over my honeysuckle obsession!

on 10/14/2013 12:07:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I have normal/combination skin. Forehead is oily, cheeks are dry. I love using this on my face to moisturize in the AM. It sinks in, has little to no scent, and does not feel greasy.

on 10/8/2013 8:47:00 PM

I love the honeysuckle scent of this lotion. It makes my skin soft and smooth all day. I layer it with the shower gel of the same scent to make it last longer. It is expensive, though, and I can only find it at Whole Foods, the nearest of which is a 1/2 hour away from me, hence the four lippies.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

The reason I like Shikai, like all other Whole Foods cosmetics, is that I know I'm not getting terrible chemicals in the product.

That being said I have yet to find a good "organic" body lotion that has long lasting moisture. Everything I try does not do my dry skin justice, although normal-skinned humans would probably benefit from this.

I have the Gardenia scent and I really like it as a fragrance but not as an everyday lotion. I won't be buying again.

on 7/27/2011 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

My favorite Shikai fragrances are honeysuckle and gardenia. This is a great all purpose body lotion that moisturizes but is not greasy. The only issue I have with the produce is the packaging. I don't like the tube and would prefer this be in a bottle with a pump.

on 11/16/2010 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

The Gardenia scent is heavenly! I've tried their unscented lotion as well; it smells slightly unpleasant, but works very well. I think it's the borage oil ingredient. Long lasting moisture for cuticles!

on 5/6/2009 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I have this in French Vanilla.version.
It's kind of thick. Squeezes out like a lotion and in seconds feels like thick vaseline. It didn't break me out or anything so give it stars for that but it sits on top of the skin rather than works as a moisturizer penetrating the skin. It's great for using like vaseline but I wouldn't use it for dry skin.