The Body Shop Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask

3.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 8/23/2015 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I really like this clay mask. The cool part is when you actually see the oil being absorbed by the clay when it dries. Easy to apply and easily rinses off. I haven't used it in a while, but will repurchase when I get the chance to!

on 8/19/2015 4:34:00 PM

So firstly, I use this product because of the cleansing action it promises, I only struggle very lightly with oily skin, but I so suffer from bad spots. I applied a very light layer of this mask and it doesn't feel too tight. And I've barely ever used masks that make a difference immediately after taking the mask off. My skin looks so much brighter and rejuvenated and my spots have been calmed. My skin doesn't feel dry or tight after usage. Love!

on 8/15/2015 4:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Honestly i purchased this product as one of my friend had recommended it. The very first time when i applied this mask on my face it started stinging and i felt some irritation my my cheeks, chin and forehead area.I thought it may be because of the first time i was using it, but whenever i use this mask on my face i get a feeling as if my skin is burning. I usually dont use lot makeup as my skin is sensitive , i try to use products which are best recommended for my skin type. But this product turned out to be bad option and also it is so expensive.
I will not recommend this mask for the girls who have sensitive skin.

on 7/15/2015 1:54:00 AM

I went to the Body Shop, and was given a sample of this product. I was excited to try it, so I did after washing my face, toning, etc. I noticed it dried out really really fast, and that it was thick. It smelled nice, but as I kept applying, it started smelling a bit foul and not that pleasant. After a while, my eyes started watering although I didn't put the mask close to my eye area, and that my entire face burned. I couldn't wait the whole 10 minutes, and I washed it off. My face was red, and stayed red for the next hour. My skin was really uncomfortably tight, and I had to use other products to relieve it. I only gave 2 stars because of the great customer service and because I got a good amount of sample. Also, I do have combination skin, and it is generally NOT sensitive; it can take some of the more harsher products, yet it really burns my face. I wouldn't recommend this mask.

on 6/18/2015 10:54:00 PM

I really liked this!! I used it twice a week when I first bought it, then after about a month my skin was feeling and looking so clear so reduced to once a week to avoid drying out my skin.
As far as the bad reviews go on being too drying, the product is designed for combination/oily skin so I would only use it if this is you. My skin can get very oily and this definitely helped but if I used it too much I did notice my skin was slightly dry.
Just use this product sensibly and read the labels and instructions and you should get good results.
It helped reduce my pores and I noticed less breakouts around my T-Zone

on 4/19/2015 11:15:00 PM

It actually works, but it's very strong. I have sensitive skin with a pinch of oily and i actually thought it was a good idea to buy it, and it was, the thing is that it was too strong for my skin type.

on 3/25/2015 7:03:00 AM

I have read a lot of negative reviews on this product: stinging skin, too expensive, drying out, difficult to wash off etc.

First of all, before you purchase ANY skin product, you should have your skin assessed by a professional to determine your skin type. Secondly, NEVER apply a product without doing a spot test. Thirdly, but a product that SUITS YOUR SKIN type. And finally, read the directions or ask the assistant on how to apply.

I have severe sensitive skin, and this didn't irritate it at all. If you found that this product "turned your face red" like I have read then you should have done a spot test before applying it to your whole face. The chances are you have either an allergy to an ingredient, you skin is a dry type or you have broken skin from either pimples or sores. None of these is the manufacturers fault.

If you find this product dried your skin, then again i think that this was just the wrong product for your skin type. The packaging clearly states combination/oily so don't use it if you don't have that type.

If you are finding it hard to remove, you have 100% used too much. A little goes a long way. Apply a thin even layer to your face, just enought to make it so you can't see your skin underneath. Before you wash it off, smile a little and scrunch your face to cause those micro racks in the surface, that makes it easier for the water to penetrate the mask and it will wash off a lot easier.

I can't help you on price, but if you remember that a little goes a long way, you won't go through it as often and that will save you some quid :)

I absolutely love this product and definitely recommend it for people with combination/ oily skin for a weekly skin treatment.

Remember to use this product at night, as the clay drys it draws out the excess oils and sebum in your pores and you don't want the daily toxins getting into your freshly cleansed pores.

on 3/1/2015 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I'm going to say up front I thoroughly dislike this mask and it is one of the few products I would recommend to no one. I have pretty much flawless skin and like to use a detoxifying mask to make sure it stays that way. You should also know that I have extremely dry, sensitive skin due to illnesses so anyone with that skin type might find this review helpful. I put this thick clay mask on and immediately noticed my skin started stinging, but all products sting my skin so I disregarded it. As the product started drying, the stinging got stronger, but was also accompanied by a horrible itch. At about the 15 minute mark, I had to wash it off before it was completely dry, because I was pretty sure I was having some sort of reaction. Washing it off was the worst part for some reason- it burned like heck. My face turned out to be red and very itchy, and my normally smooth skin was rough. The flaky, dry patches I had worked at for so long to get rid of were back, too. Basically this mask was a disaster. I should give it a 1, but I gave it a 2 because at least it didn't give me a rash or break me out. I wouldn't recommend it, but I say if you do decide to get it proceed with caution and do a patch test. Sensitive skinned people should probably avoid this all together. But I'm happy for the people it worked for, I wish it had for me.

on 2/17/2015 12:52:00 PM

A lightly scented greenish-gray clay mask. I have combination skin and found this to be a very drying mask. It applies thickly and dries to a hard finish in 10-15 minutes. My skin started to have a stinging sensation as this mask dried, perhaps from the alcohol in it. I do think it would be beneficial for oily skin types and maybe just the T-zone area for combination skin types?

on 12/5/2014 9:52:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Nope. Nope nope nope. Never again. Apparently I'm extremely sensitive to something in this product. Broke out so bad; I've never had a reaction to anything like that before. Guess I'll stick to my Aztec clay masks.

Popular Masks