September 21, 2014 | 1052 users online

Moisturizers - Olay - Regenerist UV Defense Regenerating Lotion SPF 50

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2014 3:29:00 PM More reviews by saramason111

This went on the back burner for me for about a year, then I tried it again a few weeks ago and I'm really liking it. Currently, I need a high SPF because I'm using AHA 8% 3-4 times a week at night. Trying all that is out there in the SPF 50 category (physical and chemical sunscreens alike), I have found that this is the best out of all of them without leaving my face overly greasy yet still moisturizing my skin and providing some nice added ingredients (niacinamide, ascorbic acid, green tea extract, vitamin e, peptides).

It has a fragrance which I find pleasing (and it disappears), has not broken me out (in fact it has evened out my skin tone more I think -- due to the niacinamide in it I suppose). I wear a primer over it and pressed powder and my face looks dewey by midday -- not an oil slick.

I tried the Olay Total Effects SPF 30 as well as the Olay sensitive skin complete spf 30 and they both are too oily/thick for me. I like this one the best.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2014 6:00:00 PM More reviews by devildoll133

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm quite surprised that this didn't "grease up" on me like on most of the other reviewers, although I have combination/oliy skin, mostly an oily t-zone. I like the way it wears on bare skin, but I don't like the way it wears under foundation. At all. It settles into very fine lines, and mind you, I've been using a foundation primer as well. Just not a good look. I would continue usage but I'd rather continue look for a product that makes me feel AND look good. Sorry Olay.
Update 07/10/14: This became quite my go-to-moisturizer. I found a way to use it, just by not using as much (maybe this was my mistake in the first place). Now my foundation looks great over it, stays on all day, flawless and does not grease up, although I have combination skin and am sensitive to fragrance in products. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2014 3:39:00 PM More reviews by Shiahyr

I am on my third bottle so I think that I am ready to write a review. I bought it because I really like the Olay Regenerist Daily Serum, and because Paula’s Begoun recommended it so I figured the ingredients must be really beneficial to the skin. Well, I bought my third bottle but I doubt that I will buy it again - in fact I don’t think I will finish this bottle. There are two main reasons for that – 1) it makes my face look very greasy, and it doesn’t go well under my makeup. After applying this I feel that I look like a grease-ball, and even my sister who flew in to visit me after not seeing me for a while, commented on how my skin looks too “shiny.” She has commented on that several times and recommended that I put less of whatever cream I am using; 2) It burns! I didn’t understand why it burned my face after I used it for the first time, because Paula Begoun gave it a high rating so I figured it must be a good product with only beneficial ingredients for the skin. Maybe it does have antioxidants, but either the fragrance or other ingredients cause it to burn or irritate the face. I thought that perhaps it’s just me, but now, after reading the other reviews, I realized that other people experience the same thing! In any case, I bought the third bottle last week but will put away. I just ordered a different moisturizer with spf 50, which hopefully would be less greasy and less irritating. Oh, btw, this is not a deal breaker but the packaging is really bad! When the product reaches the third bottom, the pump doesn’t work and you have to try to open the whole container to get the product out. This has happened with each of the bottles I got.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2014 10:11:00 AM More reviews by sentientglittercloud

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this fine. Love that it has spf 50 (and so does my derm, had skin cancer removed from my face last year). Love that it comes with a pump (and so does Paula), however the pump and container are very poor quality. The lotion itself is fine in terms of moisturizing. I am normal to dry, so the richness doesn't affect me too horribly. I will definitely use the entire bottle, however I might look for something different to replace it because I am not in love with it the way I was in love with Clinique superdefense for normal skin (which they dc'd and now only have oily or very dry skin). So begins the quest again for a new HG moisturizer with high spf.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2014 1:20:00 PM More reviews by ssullivan173

This isn't a moisturizing cream, its a sunscreen with a lotion texture & skincare benefits! it is designed to be used when you need a high SPF (ie: when its summer and our skin is more oily). the "greasy" texture people mentioned is caused by the high spf & you'll be hard pressed to find a product that doesn't have some level of that, but this product is comparitively minimal with those side effects. also, anyone saying the fragrence is causing irritation, that is possible but it is MUCH more likely your experiencing sensitivity to the chemical sunscreen which is common even in unfragrenced products. be careful around eyes or switch to a mineral/physical sunscreen!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2013 5:37:00 PM More reviews by ClaireF24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used the entire pump and thought about re-buying it because it has such a high SPF. But then I realized that there is almost nothing I like about it's texture or finish or fragrance or what it does for my skin.

This, although high in SPF, is a very oily moisturizer that doesn't play well with my foundations and other skin care products. It is highly fragranced, so much so, it burns my skin and eyes. I really didn't like it AT ALL the entire time I was using it, but I stuck with it because I wanted a higher SPF. Not a re-purchase, and I only gave it an extra lippie for the SPF 50, which I think more companies should go for. Good try Olay, better luck next time!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2013 12:13:00 AM More reviews by CamiBell

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This product not only makes my face feel like it's burning, but it also alters the wear of my foundation. I personally find the scent to be inoffensive, which matches how ineffective the product is. Please believe me when I say that there is no amount of primer or powder that will offset the oily appearance that this gives you, and I'm saying that after trying everything in my arsenal. This provides barely enough moisture, and you need to use quite a bit to cover your entire face. I have normal, clear skin, and for some reason this brings out redness in it that I didn't even know existed, yet ceases to exist when I don't use this. I wanted to like this so much, but for the price and quality, I just can't justify it. I can't wait until it's gone, which hopefully will be soon.

Also, I wholeheartedly agree with the reviewer that said this is more like a serum than a lotion - there are virtually no moisturizing qualities akin to lotion and if you are even remotely sensitive to high SPF, you're in for a nightmarish experience with this,

UPDATE: I just put this in storage because I couldn't take it anymore - I tried using it up because it was expensive, but it just felt too bad on my skin. I switched to MAC Mineralized Charged Water Moisture Gel, and it is absolutely phenomenal. Don't waste your money or your skin cells with this crap.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2012 5:07:00 PM More reviews by cboylove

Peptides, antioxidants, SPF 50, niacin, and a pump.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2012 3:26:00 AM More reviews by blackberrygal

This is not a good product. I have combo oily skin and although this does not feel too greasy, it makes my skin itch and I have more redness. I guess this is not suitable for sensitive skin. I also feel my skin peels with this moisturizer alone. Since it is somewhat on the pricier side I have decided to use it up by mixing it with another moisturizer such as my body shop aloe soothing lotion SPF 15. Now I do not get any redness or itchiness but I would never repurchase this product. Also I bought it on the recommendation of Paula begoun but I guess this does not work for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2012 10:44:00 AM More reviews by madamemaquillage

Ugh, the smell of this stuff is simply a deal-breaker for me. It is so strong, and it lingers for hours on my skin and for even longer on my clothes. It's too bad because the lotion is pretty good stuff, though it does occasionally burn my face. Olay also tests on animals, which only adds to my disgust with this product.