September 21, 2014 | 2084 users online

Highlighters - MAC - Sheer Shimmer Powder in Taffy

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2008 8:33:00 AM More reviews by almost40

RIS Im not sure yet quite what to do with this.I spose it could be used as a bronzer but I think its meant to be a highlighter.I shall have to have a mess about with it one day and see how I can make it work.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2008 6:00:00 PM More reviews by beautifulscorpio83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is such a pretty shimmery powder!! :) the color is a bronzy gold shade and it really compliments my golden skin. The glow this gives to your skin is very pretty and just like one reviwer had already stated this shimmery powder does add dimension to the face by the way the light hits your face :) i love this and i'm very happy with this!!! the only thing is i'm sad that this is discontinued... but at least i was able to get one, and i probably will def. be using this everytime i go out, i and i've been using it during the day too but not as much since i don't want to waste it. overall Huge Rave!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2005 11:58:00 AM More reviews by Laru79

I have oily skin, yet I wear a great foundation (Virtual Matte, Prescriptives) and MAC blot Powder and have never had a problem with Taffy. In fact, it's GORGEOUS on my LLL NW25 skin. It gives a healthy, subtle tawny glow. I've had bad luck with bronzers, but this is PERFECT for fairskinned gals! Only problem is that it is d/c. I snapped my up at a CCO and I will cry when they are all gone and I can't find them anymore. Bottom Line: If you can get your hands on it, you won't be sorry!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2004 7:56:00 PM More reviews by MadameFabulina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This just didn't work for me, and I so wanted it to. I think I just need to accept the fact that almost any highlighter will not work well on my extremely oily skin. =( Boo hoo. It looks beautiful when I first out it on, but the oil starts to come out and there's just too much going on. I still gave it lots o' lippies cos it is beautiful and the price is decent, but it just didn't work well on me. Back to gloss.com it goes...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2004 1:44:00 PM More reviews by glossgal_01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this one when I'm doing the bronzed babe look. I use this to highlight my face, chest and shoulders when I want that sexy look. It's a really pretty light bronzy color. This one was part of one of my Mac Palettes otherwise I probably wouldn't have noticed it. But, once I tried it, I really like it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2004 3:10:00 PM More reviews by JoannaRome

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

a makeup artist reffered me to this when i told her i wanted that "j-lo glow". so i bought it and i tried it at home and the makeup artist was dead on. it did definately give me that j-lo glow. if you're into the whole j-lo thing...give this a try.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/7/2004 6:16:00 AM More reviews by veggigoddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Doesn't show up on my in the slightest. Not even a smidge of shimmer and I tried applying a good 5 coats to my cheeks! This is the first shimmer of any kind that didn't show up on me in the slightest. Not very good pigmentaion for MAC. I have Trixie which I love and shows up w/ one swip.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2003 1:18:00 AM More reviews by leprechaun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this adds a nice sheer golden finish to my makeup if i dust it as a final step over my face. i can also use it on my chest area and shoulders.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2003 10:24:00 PM More reviews by Deb723

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Received this in a swap from a great MUAer--this is gorgeous. Man, I love this powder! It looks sooo pretty on! Sheer, but definitely there and so stunning when you turn at different angles or smile; the light hits your face and it's a J.Lo glow! But better!! Raves from me on this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2002 3:42:00 PM More reviews by MakeupJunkie202

I love this! This is a shimmery gold powder that works great over bronzer/a tan to give you a beautiful glow! It's def. gold, although it is also quite sheer. This is my new fave. product. It just really makes me look a LOT better. Not really sure why, it just does a great job of brightening up my face and giving me a j-lo type glow. If you are looking for a nice highlighter def. get this! I can't reccomend it enough! Just swirl your brush in this and blend on cheekbones and forehead and sweep lightly everywhere else for a beautiful effect, although the *only* bad thing is if you tend to be oily/sweating this just ENHANCES/brings attention to that.- one Extremely humid day when i was out runnin around I noticed this :(