October 24, 2014 | 1729 users online

Powder - Everyday Minerals - Olive-Light Olive Semi-Matte

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2014 5:37:00 PM More reviews by Juice44

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love this product. I've struggled my entire life to find a foundation that didn't turn orange or pink on my light-olive skin, and I've finally found one. The initial application is a bit sheer, but very build-able and natural looking. My combination skin is dry on my cheeks, normal in my T-zone and prone to break outs. This product did not make my skin feel oily, nor did it make me break out. It did a great job with very few gentle ingredients (check it out on cosdna.com).

The price is outstanding compared to other mineral foundations I've tried ($13 for a container that lasts me over 2 months). I've tried Bare Minerals and Pur Minerals and so far this is my favorite.

I use it in conjunction with their highlighter, blush, and bronzer and have been getting lots of compliments since I switched. When I have the occasional dark spot/break out, I do have to use a concealer with heavier coverage, however I've had to do this with every other mineral foundation I have tried.

My biggest complaint is the packaging. It is very difficult to get the powder out of the container, and I often have to smack it to get product out. I realize packaging is a huge cost, but if they can improve on this without making the price go way up, that would be very helpful.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2013 10:20:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

I hate writing reviews shortly after receiving a product, but sometimes you just know that something isn't going to work out.

The color of this foundation matches me pretty well, but it is just so sheer. I have to really work at buffing it in and doing multiple layers to get the coverage I want. I just don't have that much time in the morning to do this.

I also echo others who say this makes them oilier. For a semi-matte foundation, I would expect a level of matte-ness but this seems to have none. I apply my makeup at 6:00am and by 7:30 I'm blotting. And I continue to blot throughout the day, until I've basically blotted all of my MMU off. UGH.

This doesn't cover redness or acne spots AT ALL.

I also absolutely hate the packaging. I have to smack the bottom of the container so hard to get anything out. I felt like completely removing the sifter but I decided against that since it would be a total mess.

I think i'll end up returning this because it is just not worth my time.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/24/2010 10:52:00 PM More reviews by dreamxgrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

got this in a free sample kit-
coverage is pretty light and it's build-able, and matches my skin tone well. (i normally use laura mercier liquid foundation- sunny beige)
i've had this for a while and only use it every so often. most recently, it left me with more oily skin and made me break out after using this for 2 consecutive days. wouldn't recommend this or repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2009 4:27:00 PM More reviews by almost40

RIS and I thought I'd made a mistake after reading these reviews,when it came I deff thought I'd made a mistake BUT after trying it I really like this.It's not matte so it doesnt age me but its not too dewy that I shine.The unusual colour actually looks quite nice on my pale skin and doesnt go orange on me.I did find my skin looked a bit shiny at the end of the day so next time I use it I shall apply a light coating of loose powder over the top and see how I go from there.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/18/2009 1:25:00 AM More reviews by pvaj

So I got two free sample kits; Medium and Olive. I found (surprisingly) that Light Olive is my shade! I just need to work on a formula now. My sample kit came with the Light Olive as the original glow formula. I didn't like it. It made my skin itch for some reason, and really dry feeling. Matte, Semi Matte, and Intensive did not. So I've reordered a sample size of Light Olive in Intensive. If that is a no go, I'll try Matte next. The coverge for all formulas I thought was great. Hopefully my skin will like it just as much as I do! Light Olive is my winter shade. I really like Olive-Golden Medium, I'll be using that for my summer shade. I'm an NC30 in Mac.
**EDIT** - So I tried my Everyday Minerals and have been wearing it for TWO days. I am already breaking out from this and my oily skin is three times as oily! I have to CONSTANTLY blot all day! :( I am SOOO disappointed! I used Intensive, and am not sure if I should even bother trying the matte. I think I will be going back to my True Match Superblendable Powder. My skin has actually gotten better while using it and it doesn't break me out!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2009 9:22:00 AM More reviews by burgerline08

At first I loved this product. I thought it covered wonderfully and looked very natural. But the more I wore it the more I started to notice that I looked extremely "orange" after a few hours. I really noticed it in photos that were taken of me while I was wearing it. I looked like I had used an orange tanning lotion on my face. I ended up switching to Olive Golden Medium and it's my perfect shade. I've read some other reviews of women noticing that this Olive Light Olive was too orange for them too. So if you find that you have the same experience with this shade, try the Olive Golden Medium.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2009 3:06:00 AM More reviews by mypsalms

I try the intensive formula. Love the formula but not the colour. Warning ladies: if you don't have a slight olive undertone on your skin Do Not get the Olive base. It trully has greenish base as in olive green. On me (yellow undertone) I thought that it will balanced out some redness area..but no, it just turn out to be sickly grey on me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2009 2:40:00 AM More reviews by cinna7733

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation is pretty incredible. The consistency is nice and smooth. It would be the closest thng to butter if it were not powder. Color-wise I am NC30 from MAC and medium in MAC's mineral loose. I would say this would be a pretty good match. Maybe a touch darker would be perfect for me but it's not a problem because I can deepen it up a bronzer. This might be a good option for the summer. I might buy the next color up which is golden medium in the olive category, but first I have to see how my skin reacts. I love the color and the consistency. It's a great product hope it doesn't break me out.