April 17, 2014 | 951 users online

Eyeliner - Mally Beauty - Waterproof Evercolor Starlight eyeliners

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2014 12:51:00 PM More reviews by njdw

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like the pencil because it's soft and glides on. BUT it is NOT waterproof as advertised.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2014 12:58:00 PM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

Beautiful, well thought-out colours that last really well BUT (as usual with Mally products) these are just too expensive -plus they are soft as hell. I'm absolutely dreading having to sharpen the three I have in my collection as I end up losing loads trying to get a nice point. And no, I'm not putting them in the fridge!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2013 12:16:00 PM More reviews by KristyBarrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

It hasn't been the worst eyeliner I have had worse. The pigment is beautiful but what's wrong with it is simple it smudges and runs. Does it do it right away ? No but it does. If it actually stayed on it would be perfect

rated 1 of 5 on 8/16/2013 9:35:00 PM More reviews by Hollyosophy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Bulletproof? Bullcrap.

For years I have been dying to try Mally's eyeliners, but they're pricey, and my $6 Milani liquid eyeliner never smudges, bleeds, or fades. Ever. EVER.
But man, I love me some eyeliner and I want to try them all.
This came in my Birchbox. And a full sized one at that! YAY! I was happy! Now I am sad :(
Thank GAWD I did not pay for this overpriced, garbage packed pencil of disappointment. After 90 minutes, my wings were totally gone.
After two hours the line above my upper lashes completely faded and smudged.
I do not have oily skin. I use a primer on my lids.
This slid off and disappeared. What didn't disappear traveled all over my eye area.
An effing horror show.
If you like pencils, just get some Revlon Colorstay or whatever. Way less money and better results.
You should seriously be ashamed, Mally.
Srsly.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2013 3:39:00 PM More reviews by smileandactnice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

It's too bad I can't give this zero stars because I would. I think mine also came as part of a Beauty Tube because I can't remember wanting this enough to actually *buy* it...
I got the Espresso, which from what I hear is a very coveted color among the Mallynistas.lol
It is a very very pretty shade of brown...dark enough to be a nice liner that actually shows up, unlike alot of browns.
My problem is that just like her mascaras and every other eye product, my eyes *hate* this with a passion!!! I had the liner in my makeup bag...So I go to touch up at work--Oh neat, a brown liner!! Within 2 minutes of putting it on my eye rims, there wasn't enough eye drops in the world to make my eyes comfortable!! I tried my allergy drops, contact lens rewetting drops--nothing helped!! My eyes felt horrible :( So this is going in the garbage...
I tried wearing this liner before and had the same result...I assumed at the time that it was just something I'd get adjusted to and everything would be fine. I really really love the brown color alot... The other thing though is that this is nowhere near waterproof. Regardless of whether I line my inner or outer rim, this stuff smears like crazy!!

I really really like Mally and I love her ingenious products, but they just are not working for me in any way. ...I'm totally bummed :(

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2013 6:47:00 PM More reviews by littlemj

NC25 Chinese, oily and hooded eye lids so worst scenario case ever.

Smudged from my upper tight line to bottom of eyes by lunch. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2013 1:16:00 AM More reviews by ASBLeen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use the blue ("sailor") color. My skin is NW15, light brown hair, and blue yes. I LOVE this liner for tightlining and for the waterline. I've never used it on my lids, but it lasts all day for me. It sharpens to a perfect point and doesn't need to be resharped every time (like UD24/7 liner). The texture is great, goes on smooth, I haven't had a problem with smudging or transferring at all, but again, this not my main liner. I use the blue to add a pop of color with a dark brown top liner.

I was given this as a gift, glad I was because I never would have purchased it based on MUA reviews :).

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2013 9:17:00 PM More reviews by DCarter23103

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

When I see the word "waterproof" in the name of an eyeliner, I assume that it must stay put on the lid and on the waterline. Imagine my surprise when I tried Mally Beauty watercolor liner and neither of these assumptions proved to be true!

I got the Midnight color in a Beauty Tube and was excited to try it because I do like several of Mally's products. First I wore it on my upper lashline with mascara. Within two hours, I had black smudges in my crease and underneath my eyes (and I hadn't even put eyeliner on the lower lid). Since I was testing a new mascara, I thought maybe the mascara was smudging so the next day, I tried it without mascara but with a neutral eyeshadow. Again, within 2 hours the "waterproof" eyeliner had traveled to my crease, was fading on my lashline and again, had traveled underneath both eyes, so that I looked like a racoon.

The next day, I decided to give it one more shot, this time on the lower waterline. That was a big, fat fail! In less than 30 minutes, most of the eyeliner had disappeared from the lower waterline and was now under my lower lashes (wasn't wearing any mascara). To clarify, my eyes are not "watery" or sensitive.

If I could give this zero stars I would. What a shame but my experience is that this is a terrible "waterproof" eyeliner.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2012 1:21:00 AM More reviews by misslu990

This is a pretty decent eyeliner. Not my favorite, but it does a good enough job. When I apply it to my water line, it lasts a couple hours but ends up smudging. I have the full sized black one & also have a 5 mini pack of black brown green purple and silver. The brown works nice too for a neutral look, but I prefer my ysl patent leather e/l instead for a brown e/l.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2011 7:50:00 PM More reviews by hocuspocus813

I love these eyeliners. They are very pigmented and stay on forever! I can only use certain eyeliners because I have sensitive eyes and these liners to not bother me. They are great liners for the price, especially since they are a more upscale brand.