July 26, 2014 | 964 users online

Eyeliner - Mally Beauty - Waterproof Evercolor Starlight eyeliners

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2014 3:46:00 PM More reviews by jen5276

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I usually love Mally's products...but these? no. I purchased several colors. I feel they don't stay on well, don't go on well, and are overpriced. Honestly, buy Urban Decay or Smashbox before these. Not good quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2014 4:37:00 PM More reviews by lizzchan12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I was surprised to read some of the harsh, negative reviews about this product. For me, I have been very satisfied and pleased with this eyeliner. I have been a fan of Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide-on eye pencils in Zero and Perversion (the blacks) for a long time - literally, this was the first eye pencil I bought in 4 years that was not UD 24/7. I prefer kohl and/or pencil liners over gel or liquid because I like the look pencil liners give, and when I happened to come across this at Ulta I decided to give it a try. Mally is absolutely adorable and the packaging of her products is cute, so I figured it couldn't hurt to try it out, especially since it's cheaper than UD 24/7.
I really like this eyeliner. It's creamy yet extremely saturated and pigmented. I have the black one, "Midnight." I am very picky about my black eyeliners. I like ultra super-duper blacks, and this liner is it. I haven't experienced any fading, smearing, or smudging like others have complained about, but everyone is different. I would advise using an eye primer whenever using kohl or pencil liners in general because the formulas are "softer."
I noticed some people had an issue with the price of this product, but compared to Urban Decay, Too Faced, and other high-end products, this is less expensive. In terms of price, I would consider Mally Beauty to be middle-end.
Honestly, this product is at a tie with my all-time favorite UD 24/7 pencil, but since it's more affordable ($15), it might be my new fave. I will repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2014 1:13:00 AM More reviews by mommytwoboys78

So dissappointed that these are not bulletproof. Don't believe the "bulletproof claims" on tv. I tried this on at Ulta on my hand and waited a little bit, then rubbed (just like they do on tv). Immediate smudging. I can't comment on how long they stay on your eyes. Colors were rich and liners were smooth and creamy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2014 1:15:00 AM More reviews by mmherman

I meant to buy the automatic pencil, but picked this up by mistake. I contemplated taking it back because I saw all the reviews said the pencil was soft and hard to sharpen to a nice point. I decided to keep the pencil once I found a review that said this was essential the same thing as the automatic pencil. I tried the automatic pencil in the store and I can say they are pretty much the same thing. One you just have to sharpen and the other you twist up.

Overall from my experience I am very pleased with this pencil. It is soft and doesn't bleed or cause the dreaded raccoon eyes on me. The pencil itself is like butter and you will pretty much us up the whole tip if you line your eyes entirely. I sharpen it each time I use it in the morning. Sharpening is a breeze with a good pencil sharpener. I use an Essence sharpener, which doesn't sound like it would be good, but it is perfect with this eyeliner.

I can't comment on this being waterproof because I haven't been in any watery situations. It doesn't disapear on me during the day, which is true of most waterproof liquid eyeliners. That alone isn't proof of it being waterproof, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Overall for me this product performs well and I'm glad I tried it out. It looks really good with Mally's Volumizing Mascara too. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2014 12:51:00 PM More reviews by njdw

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like the pencil because it's soft and glides on. BUT it is NOT waterproof as advertised.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2014 12:58:00 PM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

Beautiful, well thought-out colours that last really well BUT (as usual with Mally products) these are just too expensive - unfortunately they are nowhere near $15.00 in the UK; plus they are soft as hell. I'm absolutely dreading having to sharpen the three I have in my collection as I end up losing loads trying to get a nice point. And no, I'm not putting them in the fridge! UPDATE: as predicted I lost loads more sharpening these. Won't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2013 12:16:00 PM More reviews by KristyBarrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

It hasn't been the worst eyeliner I have had worse. The pigment is beautiful but what's wrong with it is simple it smudges and runs. Does it do it right away ? No but it does. If it actually stayed on it would be perfect

rated 1 of 5 on 8/16/2013 9:35:00 PM More reviews by Hollyosophy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Bulletproof? Bullcrap.

For years I have been dying to try Mally's eyeliners, but they're pricey, and my $6 Milani liquid eyeliner never smudges, bleeds, or fades. Ever. EVER.
But man, I love me some eyeliner and I want to try them all.
This came in my Birchbox. And a full sized one at that! YAY! I was happy! Now I am sad :(
Thank GAWD I did not pay for this overpriced, garbage packed pencil of disappointment. After 90 minutes, my wings were totally gone.
After two hours the line above my upper lashes completely faded and smudged.
I do not have oily skin. I use a primer on my lids.
This slid off and disappeared. What didn't disappear traveled all over my eye area.
An effing horror show.
If you like pencils, just get some Revlon Colorstay or whatever. Way less money and better results.
You should seriously be ashamed, Mally.
Srsly.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2013 3:39:00 PM More reviews by smileandactnice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

It's too bad I can't give this zero stars because I would. I think mine also came as part of a Beauty Tube because I can't remember wanting this enough to actually *buy* it...
I got the Espresso, which from what I hear is a very coveted color among the Mallynistas.lol
It is a very very pretty shade of brown...dark enough to be a nice liner that actually shows up, unlike alot of browns.
My problem is that just like her mascaras and every other eye product, my eyes *hate* this with a passion!!! I had the liner in my makeup bag...So I go to touch up at work--Oh neat, a brown liner!! Within 2 minutes of putting it on my eye rims, there wasn't enough eye drops in the world to make my eyes comfortable!! I tried my allergy drops, contact lens rewetting drops--nothing helped!! My eyes felt horrible :( So this is going in the garbage...
I tried wearing this liner before and had the same result...I assumed at the time that it was just something I'd get adjusted to and everything would be fine. I really really love the brown color alot... The other thing though is that this is nowhere near waterproof. Regardless of whether I line my inner or outer rim, this stuff smears like crazy!!

I really really like Mally and I love her ingenious products, but they just are not working for me in any way. ...I'm totally bummed :(

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2013 6:47:00 PM More reviews by littlemj

NC25 Chinese, oily and hooded eye lids so worst scenario case ever.

Smudged from my upper tight line to bottom of eyes by lunch. :(