October 26, 2014 | 1336 users online

Hair Styling Tools - InStyler-Tre Milano brand

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 5:16:00 PM More reviews by thereisalwayshope

So far so good! I use this tool to flip my hair in towards my neck and it does a good job. I think it is also less damaging than using a straightener to do the same, as it does not have two scolding plates touching my hair at the same time. However, only time will tell. I will update in a month in regards to the degree of hair damage my hair will have.

UPDATE: Still use and adore this tool. It is my go to everyday styler. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to control their hair with less damage. I got mine from Ulta on sale and used their 20% off coupon that comes out every so often. So totally worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2014 6:47:00 PM More reviews by daty

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2014 7:31:00 PM More reviews by spearmintstars

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After only a few uses, The rotating brush got choppy. It would spin, but want to stall, slow down and simply didn't work well. It's overpriced, bulky, and doesn't work for long.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2014 10:10:00 AM More reviews by lcheramie1212

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just purchased the InStyler Wet 2 Dry and tried it for the first time last night and again this morning. So far I am LOVING it. My hair is naturally fine (but I have a LOT of it), wavy, and very frizzy. So to be able to do the cute straight, but with some volume and/or curl at the ends, I would have to blow dry it, flat iron just the top (to fight the firzzies) and curl the bottom. I've tried to curl the ends with my flat iron and I am just not capable apparently. So when I saw that this thing was on sale at Target for $89 with a $20 Gift Card, I decided to try it out. To start, I just towel dried my hair, applied a heat protectant spray and sectioned it up in a clip. I honestly was preparing myself for the worst due such mixed reviews and my hair being almost impossible to smooth without just crushing it completely flat, but I was amazed at how well it worked. You have to go over each piece slowly twice, once to dry and once to style (obviously if you're starting with dry hair, you won't need to do it twice). When I read that in the directions I thought this would be a LONG process but considering that you are completely wiping out the blow drying session and you can take surprisingly big sections at one time (nothing too crazy but bigger than I expected) it was not too bad at all. You can do it straight, with a slight curl under or out (I couldn't really get the curl under to do that well, maybe because the barrel spins in the opposite direction of your hair??) so that is a slight downside but i generally like my hair to curl away from my face so it's okay for me, or you can actually twist the hair around the barrel itself to do the loose waves. The best part to me is how smooth it made my hair! And I got a TON of compliments on it! One thing I will say is that it does get VERY hot, which personally is great for me, but I can see how it may be easy to get small burns on your fingers, forehead, ears, etc. with the open barrel. It does come with a "training guard" for that though. LONG story short, if you follow the directions and just try it a couple of times to get the hang of it (also watch quite a few YouTube videos LOL) it is an AWESOME tool!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2014 1:46:00 PM More reviews by dlbd2k06

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love my InStyler. I have fine, fairly straight hair that is very processed so it tends to be frizzy. This gives me straight, ultra smooth hair in about 5 minutes. I just rough dry thoroughly and then run the InStyler through my hair. I get way better results than with a flat iron, they make my hair too flat and limp looking. This gives a little volume instead of just ironing my hair. There is a little bit of a learning curve, it took me three or four times to get used to using it and I also burned myself the first few times. If mine ever got lost or broken, I would buy another one immediately.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/18/2013 2:01:00 PM More reviews by Pamxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

NOT for curly hair. First time I used it my hair felt soft and shiny but now that i tried other stuff i know it's really not the best. Takes almost twice the time as one of my good flat iron and the result is not that great. Also, it makes a noise and i feel like it got louder and louder every time i used it. If you have light curls/wavy/straight hair and IF this really is less damaging (as they say) then i guess it's a good option.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2013 7:24:00 AM More reviews by Christicat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Used it maybe 10 times and the motor quit. Total waste of money. I threw it in the trash!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2013 11:03:00 PM More reviews by vwbenzo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This thing is SO LOUD! It also pulls out random hair strands from the root as it spins. I bought 2 for 1 and ended up swapping each of them away. I'm glad I and some other MUAers got to try it out, but I only think this would be acceptable to use for short bangs. I always found a thick birds nest of hair on the floor after using this. If I were to use it frequently on my long hair, I would lose a lot of volume. Thumbs down.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2013 12:36:00 AM More reviews by HinataSama

This styler is utter crap. At least on my hair. I have hip length hair that is wavy and very prone to frizzing. This made my hair a birds nest.

It was so frizzy and hideous. My hair is healthy by the way. No colouring, no split ends, not heat damage (before i used this terrible thing).

Don't waste money on this crap. There a reason why its only 3.7/5. Because half of the good reviews ARE NOT HONEST reviews. I got sent an email, that they would send me this product if i did a GOOD review on it and tell everyone how magical this piece of shit is. I'm returning this back to the company tomorrow. DON'T BUY IT. SAVE UP AND BUY A GHD. THE GHD ECLIPSE IS COMING OUT SOON IN THE US. IT IS AMAZING. (i live in australia, i have one it is awesome).

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2013 12:59:00 AM More reviews by crtroyer

I got this as a gift for Christmas last year. I loved the way it made my friend's hair look after using it, so I had to get my hands on one. I was really disappointed after using it. I have thick, long hair that has a small amount of wave to it. In pictures, my hair looked like I hadn't even styled or brushed my hair, it was a mess (after using the Instyler). The only way I can describe it is that it looked like I took a shower and let it air dry and that's it!! I looked like a bum!! I hadn't used it in a while so I took it out this week thinking maybe I'd give it another try. Nope, it made my hair look worse. Greasy and messy. I'm not sure if I'm just not using it right or it just sucks for me in general. It makes my friend's hair beautiful and she claims she has thick hair too. I'm so upset by it, why does it make her hair look lovely and mine so awful? It doesn't even really straighten my hair either, it looks like a big thick fro at the end. I really wanted this to work, because straighteners make my hair look too flat. On to find something new I guess.. :(