April 17, 2014 | 1748 users online

Hair Styling Tools - InStyler-Tre Milano brand

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2014 1:46:00 PM More reviews by dlbd2k06

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love my InStyler. I have fine, fairly straight hair that is very processed so it tends to be frizzy. This gives me straight, ultra smooth hair in about 5 minutes. I just rough dry thoroughly and then run the InStyler through my hair. I get way better results than with a flat iron, they make my hair too flat and limp looking. This gives a little volume instead of just ironing my hair. There is a little bit of a learning curve, it took me three or four times to get used to using it and I also burned myself the first few times. If mine ever got lost or broken, I would buy another one immediately.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/18/2013 2:01:00 PM More reviews by Pamxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

NOT for curly hair. First time I used it my hair felt soft and shiny but now that i tried other stuff i know it's really not the best. Takes almost twice the time as one of my good flat iron and the result is not that great. Also, it makes a noise and i feel like it got louder and louder every time i used it. If you have light curls/wavy/straight hair and IF this really is less damaging (as they say) then i guess it's a good option.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2013 7:24:00 AM More reviews by Christicat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Used it maybe 10 times and the motor quit. Total waste of money. I threw it in the trash!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2013 11:03:00 PM More reviews by vwbenzo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This thing is SO LOUD! It also pulls out random hair strands from the root as it spins. I bought 2 for 1 and ended up swapping each of them away. I'm glad I and some other MUAers got to try it out, but I only think this would be acceptable to use for short bangs. I always found a thick birds nest of hair on the floor after using this. If I were to use it frequently on my long hair, I would lose a lot of volume. Thumbs down.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2013 12:36:00 AM More reviews by HinataSama

This styler is utter crap. At least on my hair. I have hip length hair that is wavy and very prone to frizzing. This made my hair a birds nest.

It was so frizzy and hideous. My hair is healthy by the way. No colouring, no split ends, not heat damage (before i used this terrible thing).

Don't waste money on this crap. There a reason why its only 3.7/5. Because half of the good reviews ARE NOT HONEST reviews. I got sent an email, that they would send me this product if i did a GOOD review on it and tell everyone how magical this piece of shit is. I'm returning this back to the company tomorrow. DON'T BUY IT. SAVE UP AND BUY A GHD. THE GHD ECLIPSE IS COMING OUT SOON IN THE US. IT IS AMAZING. (i live in australia, i have one it is awesome).

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2013 12:59:00 AM More reviews by crtroyer

I got this as a gift for Christmas last year. I loved the way it made my friend's hair look after using it, so I had to get my hands on one. I was really disappointed after using it. I have thick, long hair that has a small amount of wave to it. In pictures, my hair looked like I hadn't even styled or brushed my hair, it was a mess (after using the Instyler). The only way I can describe it is that it looked like I took a shower and let it air dry and that's it!! I looked like a bum!! I hadn't used it in a while so I took it out this week thinking maybe I'd give it another try. Nope, it made my hair look worse. Greasy and messy. I'm not sure if I'm just not using it right or it just sucks for me in general. It makes my friend's hair beautiful and she claims she has thick hair too. I'm so upset by it, why does it make her hair look lovely and mine so awful? It doesn't even really straighten my hair either, it looks like a big thick fro at the end. I really wanted this to work, because straighteners make my hair look too flat. On to find something new I guess.. :(

rated 2 of 5 on 6/22/2013 7:25:00 PM More reviews by ishara

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've bought and used the Musta (for those old enough to remember), GHD, wet to dry straightener and goodness knows how many others. They all left my fine and frizzy hair looking like more like a frizz bomb than ever - if not soon after I used them, then a few hours after.

This is the first hair styling instrument I've used that's given me body and smoothness. I am not really after a super sleek straight look - I just want all the frizz to disappear! Really this has done the best job to date. I've been using it for about two months now, so too soon to say whether there will be any hair damage. The one good tip I picked up from this thread was not to use the highest heat setting, I always thought that lots of frizz needed intense heat, but that doesn't have to be the case. I use setting 2 and get exactly the look I am after.
Update: damaged my hair even on lowest setting. Down rating...

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2013 8:16:00 PM More reviews by FajerA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

If you have fine and frizzy hair do not buy this. I bought it hoping it would be as good as people said in the commercial. It took me 2 HOURS to strighen my hair. At first i thought i was slow but i tried it more that once and it had the same time. but it does strighten fairly well. TWO HOURS ARE NOT WORTH IT. If it broke i wouldnt buy another one.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2013 6:59:00 PM More reviews by ashub

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I totally love this styler..Before I got the Instyler, I had such a hard time styling my coarse hair..This has been a life-saver..people compliment me on my hair all the time after I style with it..I've no complaints! Plus it saves all my salon trips to get good hair!
People need to learn to use it right to get the best results..Do your hair in parts, by using clips..it's just a matter of practising the technique!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 6:33:00 AM More reviews by WolfMiraux

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

The InStyler is absolutely wonderful!
It's easy to use and much kinder to your hair than a regular straightener or curling iron. I love that it's so versatile so you can accomplish a load of different hairstyles with it.

My only issue with it is that the barrel only rotates in one direction so curls fall a little flat if the barrel is going against your hair and not with it.
But if you can work around that, it's perfect!

It does make a little noise but it's really no louder than a blowdryer.

I bought 2 for 1 and am SO happy! My sister owns the other and we never use other styling tools ever.