August 29, 2014 | 1892 users online

Palettes - BeneFit Cosmetics - Smokin' Eyes

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2014 1:47:00 PM More reviews by Beccac88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Since my mum bought this for me a couple of years ago, one of these hasnt been missing from my makeup bag! I originally just bought it for the smoky eye shadow but in it you have the eye brow wax and a pink highlighter and two brushes! You also get a set of tweezers but I've found them to be pretty useless and I've never used them! I swear by this as one I my staple eye looks on a night out and I now own the full eyebrow kit from benefit because I loved the wax in this kit! It also shows you how to do the smokey eye if your a novice to it like I was! It's dead easy and it looks really nice!
People might be put off by the price price but they do last a good while and ive never had any of the eyeshadows shatter despite being dropped a lot!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2014 12:25:00 PM More reviews by MissMoorman

This was pretty much my first ever makeup kit and I really like it. I've had it about three years and I'd say I use each of these colors about twice a week. The light pink shade is one of my favorite highlight shades I've ever used and even though this palette gets quite a bit of use, I haven't hit pan yet so I would say it's worth the money. My only complaint is that the eyeliner is pretty much worthless. Still, it's an overall great product that I'd highly recommend to someone first starting out with makeup like I was when I bought it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 4:53:00 AM More reviews by pandagoth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Positive aspects:
- Easy to travel with
- lovely eye shadows that really make eyes pop
- the high-brow pink works well for under the eye brows and on the inside eye
- Eyebrow wax is a perfect colour for dark eyebrows

Negative:
- The tweezers are too small, practically useless
- the eye pencil could be softer, can prove difficult to use
- It's expensive

Overall, I'd highly recommend this product. If you see someone selling this product on Ebay, please be careful because I've bought a very convincing fake.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by deesoso

I like how this pretty much comes with everything. The tweezers are a bit small and the brush is practically useless for applying eyeshadow... but it has everything in a really convinient compact. I like the brow color quite alot but I don't find it to really have a smoky eye effect. Maybe the color are too subtle for my taste but if you wan't a subtle gray smoky eye than this is the way to go. I will keep using it for a day look, tough.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2013 9:24:00 PM More reviews by MacPops

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this as it is my go-to palette. I have brown eyes and fair skin, and these shadows look better on me than any other I own at the present time. They apply and blend easily and last all day with a primer (UDPP). Also, my sensitive eyes thank me as these cause zero irritation. The only thing I hate is that these can't be purchased individually. I love the highlighter color as a highlight for my face too. Needless to say, I run out of that one first. I don't use the brow wax at all and I wish that bright eye wasn't put in every eyeshadow palette. I have several of them I haven't touched because I haven't used all of the one in my brow palette. Overall, great product. I'd repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2012 7:24:00 PM More reviews by Gingerbelle8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I really love the eyeshadow colors in this palette. Also the step by step instructions are quite helpful because I really didn't know what the heck the other products were!! I tried the pink wax and I find it doesn't really show up very well. The brow wax is quite handy if you don't want to bring extra products while traveling. Overall, a great palette with flattering colors! I don't do black smokey eyes well with my olive skin tone. I just look dead. I always try to do dark brown smokey eyes because it works better with olive skin tones. This one's a good one. Perfect for travel!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2012 8:54:00 AM More reviews by yankeerose

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've had this pallette for about a year now, and I have been using it at least once or twice weekly. I just never got around to reviewing it...
I have gray eyes, the colors in this set work so well for me, whether I want the dark smokey eye look (which I'm afraid, because of my age, doesn't work for me as well as it used too :( or using the light pink as a wash and just lightly line top lid with the gray shadow. The colors all blend beautifully and with UD primer, lasts about 8 hours. I do not use the brow color, its too dark for me, and the eye bright is a cute idea, but dried out fairly quickly due to the packaging. This also comes with tiny tweezers that work well for a quicky touch up of a wayward hair. The brush is useless and the liner pencil is okay at best. But the true stars of this pallette are the 2 shadows and the liner (which I use dry as a shadow also). I still have quite a bit left, but will repurchase since this is the only pink/gray combo that actually looks good on my skin tone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2012 10:13:00 PM More reviews by kawanii

I do enjoy this palette as you can do a smokey look wherever you are. It has everything you need. There's absolutey nothing to complain about this product. For me though, I wish the packaging could endure more given its all cardboard packaging. I'd prefer a metal/plastic package that can last in my purse. This palette lasts you a while so you really don't need to repurchase unless you use it everyday! This makes my eyes smokin' hot! However, for it's high price, I'd prefer something else. Definitely worth giving it a try!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2012 4:17:00 PM More reviews by Tinabear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I do like this palette, it's gorgeous - someone bought this for me as a birthday gift so I'm not sure about it's price.
I would give it 5 out of 5 but the creamy palettes go manky after about 2 uses which makes it harder & slightly less appealing to use.
The shadows blend beautifully and
It comes with instructions too which is pretty nifty and eye liner = handy.
The mini blending brush is spot on.
Overall Not my most used eye shadow(s), but I like having it around for the odd occasions.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2012 7:01:00 AM More reviews by kljackson

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this product! The main thing about this that I loved is that most of it lasts forever. I bought the kit for my prom just over two years ago and although I've used up the highlighter and the brow wax, I still have about half of the eyeshadows and the eye bright left.
I think the best part of the product is the eyeshadows, they're really well pigmented, super blendable and can look both very natural for day or dramatic for night depending on how you apply them.
I really appreciated the tweezers and brushes too because they are high level products by themselves! Usually I don't like using the brushes provided in the products but I found that the flat ended brush was perfect for the consistency of the brow wax and the powder brush was just the right shape and size for contouring. I did use my own brushes for the highlighter and the lighter grey shadow because I didn't want to mix my colours too much but that's just personal preference.
The only criticism I have is that the eyeliner is quite harsh and doesn't blend very well. I also found that it didn't last very long and became dry and hard to apply after a few months. I usually use a gel liquid liner instead and then blend that to make it look softer.