Coppertone Coppertone Water Babies Pure and Simple, Sunscreen Lotion, SPF 50

3.9

PPD: 6.7 ||| Octinoxate 7.5%, Octisalate 5%, Zinc Oxide 14.5%. Inactive Ingredients: Water, Propylene Glycol, C12 15 Alcohol Benzoate, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, PEG 12 Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Diazolidiny Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Sodium Chloride.

on 5/12/2015 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

My HG body sunscreen.

Yes, it's thick and takes a while to dry down, but it's worth it. Zero color ever when I use the right amount, and I don't have to wait 20 minutes before it starts to work if I slap it on quickly five minutes before I rush out the door.

I use it on my arms and chest for my daily commute, along with a higher PPD ss under my makeup on my face.

I have super sensitive skin and have never had a reaction with this. I used it on my face for several months during a particularly dry spell and it was good then and worked under my makeup.

I get an 8 ounce bottle for less than $12 and if they're BOGO half off I stock up.

on 4/26/2015 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

My sun exposure on a year round daily basis is quite low but, during the summer or days that I have to drive, I protect my arms and upper chest no matter what. I use more expensive, cosmetically elegant SPF on my face because the texture of this is way too heavy and sticky for me, but it works fine for my body. I apply baby powder on top to get rid of the stickiness. It provides really good protection and I haven't tanned at all since I've started using it consistently.

1 lippie docked for the texture and finish.

on 3/1/2015 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is thick sunscreen however it is the best for protecting my skin from sunburns. It does have a white cast but that is why you let it absorb for 15 minutes before going out. If you get water on it without proper absorbing it will pebble but that lets you know it is a protective layer over your skin. Best sunscreen for me! Buying some for my trip to Mexico

on 4/14/2014 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

So after reading the negative reviews on this product, I realize I'm the minority in that this sunscreen broke me out big time. I only used it for about 4 days on my face, neck, and chest before getting my first breakouts. The breakouts are still coming in strong or perhaps even stronger and it's been at least a week and a half since I've worn it last. I'm positive that this product is what is causing my breakouts because it's happening exclusively on my face, neck, and chest....and I have NEVER broke out on my neck before. It's also the only thing I've done differently in my routine. I'm not sure if it's because like other reviewers said that it's difficult to remove and maybe I had some residual on my face, but I always use makeup remover, scrub my face with the Salux cloth, and wash with a cleanser...it's just my normal routine.

I will still talk about the other aspects of this sunscreen though. I really thought my biggest issue with this was going to be the white cast that a bunch of reviewers commented on. I really didn't think it was too bad once I rubbed it in well, and to be honest I thought it made a great base for my makeup. It kind of gave my face a brightened look lol. Also, I'm really oily and this sunscreen kept my face matte longer than usual and kept my makeup in place for many hours. So had it not broke me out so badly, I would have loved this product. Just be wary if you are prone to breakouts though because it's so not worth having cystic acne! I hadn't broken out in years before using this. I can't speak for how well it protected me from the sun and/or getting more freckles since I didn't use it long enough to find out.

on 7/7/2013 5:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This has been my favorite body sunscreen for years. It doesn't leave any noticeable white cast on me, but I'm pretty pale anyway. It does take awhile (20-30 min.) to dry down, but after that, I find that it stays put very well. It leaves a slightly tacky/greasy finish, but nothing too terrible, in my opinion. I used this on my face for years without problems as well; I'm moderately acne/clog-prone, and this never bothered my skin. I'm slightly oily, so it's a bit thick and shiny for my liking, but a primer fixed the shine for me. It's very protective and water-resistant, in my experience. I've never burned (which happens to me quite easily if I don't wear a good sunscreen) or tanned while wearing this. SO and I, who are both really pale, even wore it on spring break in Nicaragua last year, and despite being out in the sun and ocean nearly all day every day for over a week, neither of us ended up with any color at all. It could have a more cosmetically elegant finish, but it's not really meant as an everyday sunscreen, it's designed for children who generally do not care about such things, and it's a super great value; so, I really don't mind the finish. Have bought over and over and will continue to do so.

on 6/17/2013 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I applied this before going to an amusement park so I knew I would be spending a full day in the hot sun. It applied thickly and was kind of a pain to rub it. I didn't mind the white cast, however the product states it is water resistant which I totally disagree with. Within 30 mins of applying this product I was sweating and it was beading up on my skin. I had white lines in my elbow bends and the sweat beads were a milky white ( sorry if TMI) Needless to say I got burned with an hour because of the product coming off.

on 4/11/2013 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I'm starting to protect my skin with sunscreen and picked this up. I think it's amazing it does not irritate my skin or make me break out. I mix it with my moisturizer and it is perfect. Doesn't make me oily and rubs in really well. :)

on 11/13/2012 5:18:00 PM

I was looking for a drugstore mineral sunscreen (no oxybenzone) and found this one. It turned me white and didn't rub in (I'm asian) and then when I sweated, the white showed up even more. I could've dealt with that, because it's just doing it's job by providing a protective layer on my skin, but I got more burned, had red bumps (pimples?) on my chest and back, and even after I showered, I could still smell and feel the product on me.

on 9/28/2012 9:48:00 AM

What a thick, gloppy, white mess. No matter how much I rubbed this in, I still felt white and sticky. Considering that I am an NW10, that's saying a lot.

on 7/23/2012 12:59:00 AM

Even though I have a problem with the white cast it leaves behind and I do not favor the scent. This is one of the only sunblocks I have used while being in the sun for 3+ hours that leaves me sunburn free.