July 29, 2014 | 1602 users online

Gels/Soaps - Sukin - Botanical Body Wash

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2014 1:26:00 AM More reviews by eselle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Been using this for a long while now. It does an okay job, but I feel that a loofah or exfoliating sponge is essential for this product to have any substantial cleansing impact. I have lame bacne issues, and this certainly doesn't do much for it. It is a very mild cleanser, and is gentle enough for the skin - replaces the Sukin Facial Cleanser well as this product really renders it redundant (pretty much the same bunch of ingredients, so don't bother with buying both).

Even though it is an easy product to stock up with big refill bottles, I don't think I'd be continuing with this for too long. It's a decent body wash, but it is not as effective as I hoped it would be. Not too stoked about the inclusion of some synthetic ingredients either.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2013 11:01:00 AM More reviews by LoreleiK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is now what I alway use in the shower. Nice smell. No SLS or SLES formula that truly clean my skin without irritating it. Organic. Good value. Australian own and made. BEST. SHOWER. GELL. EVER.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2013 7:04:00 AM More reviews by honeysighs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this body wash so much. It smells divine - like all of Sukin's products, and I love that it is paraben/sulphate free & vegan. Even better to know that I am supporting an Australian company. I have sensitive skin and it hasn't affected it at all. Definitely recommended for people who have sensitive skin but still want to wash with a pretty smelling body wash!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2013 11:49:00 PM More reviews by Donnz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've found that although this is a very cost effective organic and natural range, I have had issues with every product I have bought from it. This body wash smells great and contains no nasties but it irritated my lady bits no end. It is working well now as a morning face wash in the shower to get off night treatments but I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2012 9:30:00 PM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is very mild cleanser. Its a gel like consistency, does not foam much but cleanses well leaving a smooth feeling after rinsing. Its extremely gentle and doesn't irritate or dry my skin.

I love that this is cruelty free and does not contain harsh and bad ingredients. However it keeps leaking product from the neck of the pump and I'd end up with a sticky puddle at its base.

Those that prefer foamy cleansers will not like this.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2011 6:08:00 PM More reviews by Luminesque

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been using this lovely body wash instead of soap now for 6 months and love it! The product goes a long way and comes in a convenient package with a pump top. The xlarge bottles are only AUD$19.95 here in Australia which is beyond reasonable still I usually purchase the smaller size for AUD$12.95 simply because it fits conveniently in my shower rack. The packaging is recyclable and dark so the essential oils are well protected. I use this with a micro-fibre cloth, after showering for a few minutes to warm up my skin I turn the water off and buff away in circular motions from my ankles all the way up to my neck and finish lastly with my underarms, girly bits and feet...lol. The smell is wonderful and reminds me of an Aesop tangerine and vanilla hand cream I used years ago, a totally deluxe scent that fades somewhat on the skin so it is not going to overwhelm or clash with perfume that you might apply. I really prefer this to soap as it is nourishing, natural and ecologically sound and a great price. I finish with Sukin body lotion applied on damp skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2011 9:57:00 PM More reviews by astiam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I would totally buy this product again, ever since I washed my body with this, I don't get rashes anymore when I shower (my skin is very sensitive to chemical product). At first I was a bit iffy about the herby smell as i am not used to it, but it grows on me anyways and I now love it!
Going to purchase more of their shower products like the shampoo and the lotion once mine runs out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2011 7:53:00 AM More reviews by kkrebs

My favourite body cleanser. Smells beautiful. Cleanses the body without drying it out. It is not harsh at all, and because of that you do need to exfoliate your body more so than you need to with harsher cleansers. When using this, I do not need to use any body moisturiser. It keeps my skin pefectly balanced and I also use it on my kiddies. Love it - my favourite for a while now xx

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2010 4:13:00 AM More reviews by Lucifiel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Update: I dropped this product over a year ago because it was getting wayy too harsh for my sensitive skin, likely due to the essential oils and herbal extracts. In the end, I'd little choice but to go back to Ego QV Gentle Wash.

Very awesome brand! Because my place is absolutely dusty, I have problems finding an economical body wash that cleanses my ultra-sensitive(meaning: delicate) skin well.This cleanses and foams well, without leaving my skin extremely dry. There is no stinging sensation too. I started using this body wash about 2 to 3 months ago and so far, my skin is in quite good condition.

Also, it's somewhat scented. And I admit to not liking the smell at first but now I find it marvellous: sweet and tingling on your senses.

The bottle, btw, is made of dark plastic and there is a plastic pump. Well, I approve! The tinting protects the gel from light which could degrade the effectiveness of the product. The pump is solid too and has never once failed on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2009 9:08:00 PM More reviews by GadoGado

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT.

This is a pillar of my skincare products.
It doesn't irritate and doesn't strip natural oils.
The gorgeous smell reminds me of southern lemonade - citrusy with a hint of vanilla. Yum! And the price, for a product made with natural ingredients, is so affordable (~$12 AUD 500mL/16.9 fl.oz pump bottle).

--No SLS, petro-chemicals, harsh detergents, mineral oils, parabens, or triethanolamine.
--No artificial fragrances or colours.
--No animal derivatives.
--Carbon neutral! (which means the company manufactures responsibly and offsets or reduces its carbon emissions)
--Packaged in PETE 1, the easiest plastic to recycle.
--Made and currently only available in Australia.

Ingredients: Purified water (aqua), Aloe barbadensis (aloe vera) extract, Decyl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, Citrus tangerina (tangerine) oil, Citrus noblis (mandarin) oil, Matricaria recutita (German chamomile) extract, Yucca schdigera (yucca) extract, Lavandula angustifolia (lavender) extract, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, Vanilla planifollia (vanilla) extract, Citric acis, Rosa eglanteria (rose hip) oil, Simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) oil, Persea gratissima (avocado) oil, Tocopherol, Citrus paradisi (grapefruit seed) extract.