October 21, 2014 | 1974 users online

Hair Color - Wella - Color Charm White Lady Toner

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2014 4:02:00 PM More reviews by AlexaSzaf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for a while now and absolutely love it! Completely evened out the tone in my hair. I used the revlon frost & glow highlighting kit in light blonde. Washed as instructed but did not apply conditioner. I mixed and applied the wella toner, left on for about 10-15 minutes and washed out. I love the end result. A beautiful multi-toned blonde! My husband says it looks the best it ever has! Cannot say enough good about this product. I really love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 8:15:00 AM More reviews by Josiegleeson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love this toner, been using it for years. I bleach my hair first until its light yellow then follow instructions on the box and put the toner all over my hair for around 40 minutes. Comes out beautifully and lasts a long time. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2014 9:07:00 AM More reviews by shalie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted highlights and I bought this. At first I was a little worried because I thought it would turn my hair white. I wanted champagne color. I mixed it with a 20 developer. I got what I wanted. Turned into subtle champagne color. Will buy again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2014 12:52:00 PM More reviews by knbv90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This toner is my absolute favorite! I use it sometimes with 20 or 10 volume developer depending on if it want lift with the deposit or just the deposit of the toner. I leave this toner on for only 5-10 minutes depending on the porosity of my hair. I then wash it out with cold water. I wash it twice and then do a conditioning treatment. Sometimes there is a light tint of blue/ Violet but it washes away within the next two washes. I love what this toner does for my ombre hair it blends all the colors together so well!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2014 10:11:00 AM More reviews by blairXwitch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Well this toner has never worked for me, and I tried it several times over the course of 10 years.
I use it with a 20 vol developer, and leave it on 15-20 minutes (I'm always afraid to leave it on more because my blonde hair turns black with it on so I don't want to have a surprise upon rinsing!). My hair looks just as brassy and yellow as before, just more dry. I'm basically damaging my hair for nothing, which is not cool.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2014 5:19:00 PM More reviews by shivapet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I cannot praise this product enough!I had dark blonde hair and wanted to get it white, so bought L'Oreal extreme platinum box dye, but anticipating some yellowness, bought the Wella color charm T18 shade toner. After applying the platinum, my hair did indeed turn yellow. After rinsing, i mixed one part color charm to 2 parts of 20 volume developer, and applied immediately. Left the product on for 20 minutes, don't be alarmed when it turns violet, that means its working then rinsed and used a good conditioner. The results were brilliant, toned from scarecrow yellow to almost white hair. Achieving pure white hair is near on impossible, but this gets it as close to as you will achieve at home. I will never use another toner again.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2014 8:13:00 PM More reviews by VerniePie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the toner I currently use. I have been bleaching my natural mousy brown hair platinum blonde off and on since I was a teenager and I always use a toner. I have been using T18 (White Lady) for the past 2 or 3 years since they discontinued my beloved Clairol Creme Toner in Extra Light Platinum. I find that the Wella Color Charm Toner in T18 is the next best thing but I honestly much preferred my old Clairol toner. This one isn't bad as long as you're careful with it.

I found that with the Clairol toner I would get the perfect blonde shade every time, a beautiful bright true platinum blonde reminiscent of the iconic Hollywood blondes like Marilyn Monroe or Jayne Mansfield I really miss that toner and continued to purchase it online until I literally could not find it anymore so I had to make the switch to this toner. This toner is the next best thing to my Clairol one but I really have to be careful about how long I leave it in and sometimes I get better results than other times so this toner is less predictable results-wise than my old Clairol one. With the Clairol Creme Toner I always got the same results which was a beautiful true platinum blonde with all the nasty brassy tones removed but at the same time no grayish or purplish tones in my hair. It was really the best! With this Wella toner I find that sometimes I do get that perfect shade of platinum blonde just like with the Clairol but then there are other times I use it when I get a definite grayish or purplish cast to my hair that I absolutely cannot stand. It does not last forever and after a couple shampoos it goes back to normal but I don't like that happening in the first place. One thing this Wella toner is REALLY, REALLY good at is exactly what it is designed to do which is remove brassiness and unwanted yellow or gold tones from bleached hair but I feel like it does almost too good of a job because it often times leaves a grayish purple tone to my hair. The Clairol toner also removed the brassiness but without the noticeable albeit temporary grayish purple discoloration. So the major problem I have with this toner is the inconsistency of results but as far as removing those ugly brassy yellow tones it does a very good job! I would say give it a try if you are trying to achieve a platinum shade as this is really your best option for platinum blonde but try only leaving it in for 5 or 10 minutes at first so your hair doesn't turn grayish purple. If you require more toning than leave it in longer the next time you use it. The formula is a little liquidy but it is not harsh at all and is very gentle on the scalp especially after the harsh bleaching process.

I have done a little research and I think the reason I keep getting different results with this toner has to do with the porosity of my hair. I think sometimes my hair is more porous than other times and therefore it soaks up more of the toner leaving it with more of a grayish purple tone, other times my hair is not as porous and it just comes out a nice platinum blonde shade. This was never a problem for me with the Clairol toner but I guess this Wella one is stronger or something. If you find that you are having this same issue I recommend not leaving the toner in as long as it is recommended on the instructions and what I'm gonna start doing is use a porosity treatment before applying the toner like Roux Porosity Control so that my hair isn't too porous and doesn't soak up too much of the toner.

For those of you interested on how I lighten my hair I use Clairol 7th Stage Creme Lightener (Bleach) with 2 packets of the 7th Stage Lightening Activator and a 40 volume Creme Developer. For a root touch up I apply only to the roots using an applicator brush and am very careful to avoid the previously bleached hair so I don't over-process my hair which can cause extreme damage and breakage. If you are applying to a full head of hair be sure to apply to the mid lengths and ends first and the roots last so you don't end up with white roots and orange hair (the roots process faster than the rest of the hair) I prefer creme bleaches to powder bleaches because they lighten better and are not as hard on the scalp or as drying to the hair. After my hair is fully processed I rinse the bleach out and then shampoo and condition with Nexxus Humectress to put the moisture back that the bleach stripped away and then I proceed to tone it with the Wella T18 mixed with 20 volume creme developer I then rinse and proceed to deep condition with Aussie 3 minute miracle. I do a protein treatment with my K-pak Reconstructor once a month which is very important for chemically processed hair because it adds strength back to fragile processed hair. I also alternate deep conditioning treatments between the Aussie 3 Minute Miracle and the Queen Helene Cholesterol conditioner I also do periodic hot oil treatments usually with the Vo5 hot oil treatment. It's a lot of maintenance being blonde so keep in mind that it is a commitment if you decide to take the steps to go blonde.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2014 2:44:00 PM More reviews by Jodi12

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wella T14 Color Charm. Best. Product. Ever. Why didn't I know about this??? I have blonde highlights, and I live in an area with very hard, mineraly water that turns blond to brass within weeks. It just looks awful and cheap, and often just rinsed my hair with darker semi's to cover the ickyness. After my last highights, I did not want to go darker as summer is on it's way, and what a waste of money! OMG. When I got out of the shower after using, I almost cried. It was the blonde I had been looking for all my life, not to be too dramatic! Soft, well blended, NO BRASS, and brought out the brightness into my skin. After drying and styling, wow. Just wow. Used as directed, and left on for 15 min, covered with plastic to keep from drying out. Rinsed and used high quality conditioner, no shampoo. Thank you Wella!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 5:07:00 PM More reviews by AngelaStalker

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used this after putting color oops in my hair. It was able to get all the orange tones out. I have only used toning shampoo in the past and wish that I discovered this stuff sooner! It is amazing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2014 8:38:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Used Natural light blonde instead of Light Ash Blonde thinking it's just my roots it'll blend. Oh heck no it did not! It pulled so red well more gold and brassy. I was not a happy girl so I went to Sally's and picked this up and some shimmer lights. Did this just on the roots first and it did what I hoped and ashed it out really well. I wanted more so I did purple protein filler with some Wella Demi Light ash blonde on the rest of my hair and the more golden spots in the front. Worked well then today just said why not do another. So I picked up another T18 and did my whole hair with some conditioner added to it for 20 minutes and it brought it to such a nice beige blonde with silvery highlights. Very happy with this toner and will use it again as a colour refresher and saver:) Make sure to watch your tone because you can tinge a light purple but it washes out. Recommended!