October 24, 2014 | 1376 users online

Shampoo - Suave - Professionals Damage Care

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2013 2:29:00 PM More reviews by pinknika

I'm updating this to yes because my hair got used to it and is a perfect combination of moisturized without being too smooth. Will keep this in the rotation.

I really get why this shampoo has a lot of great reviews. It lathers well, leaves your hair very soft and manageable, the fragrance is ok and it's pretty cheap. So why the meh rating? Well, this stuff really over conditions my hair and makes it too soft. (I know, how can hair be TOO soft??) I think it's the cones, it just makes my hair so conditioned and so silky I feel like my hair has too much slip. I also notice that the greasies come out full force the very next day. I don't wash my hair everyday and I like when I can wash every other day. This makes my hair like an oil slick the next day and for that, I just can't have a long term relationship with this shampoo. I think this shampoo would be awesome for someone with a dry scalp and dry hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2013 2:06:00 AM More reviews by goldieb19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

All my life, Suave has been the bottom-of-the-barrel, less-than-a-dollar, strongly-perfumed, hair-so-dry-it's-as-if-I-used-laundry-detergent brand that my mother bought when I was a kid, so I was surprised to see the Professionals line introduced as an adult. I've used many of the shampoos in this newer line (including the Sleek, Humectant Moisture, and Keratin Infusion sets), and I must say that the Damage Care shampoo and conditioner set is by far the best. My hair was fairly healthy prior to bleaching my brown black hair platinum blonde last year, but it suffered so much wear and tear in the process. I was doing root touch ups every 7-10 days due to the frequency of my dark regrowth, and this led to terrible breakage. Even eight months after I stopped bleaching, my hair still breaks off in little splintery pieces when I brush it. However, I've noticed a lot of improvement since I started using the Suave Damage Care shampoo and conditioner a couple of weeks ago. It makes my hair really soft to the touch after I wash it--without making it too oily the next day as many shampoo lines labeled "damage" or "repair" often do. The smell is also light and pleasant, and my hair looks very shiny. And at less than $2, who can complain? My only small gripe is that I don't believe Suave makes this in the larger family sizes as it does for its other Professionals lines, so I'm having to replace my shampoo more often than I'd like. But otherwise, this stuff works great! I definitely recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2013 2:03:00 PM More reviews by NPNewb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

One of the best shampoos I've ever used. Doesn't totally dry out my hair, and I actually do feel my hair is thicker/stronger when I use it. I have about 10 bottles of shampoo in my shower, most of them expensive types, but I use this the most regularly and am most happy with it. I know people insist that salon shampoos are better, but my experience with this proves otherwise. I've used it for several years.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2013 9:37:00 PM More reviews by brooke2010

I'm really surprised to say that this is my new favorite drugstore shampoo/conditioner! Smells so clean, extremely cheap, and doesn't dry out my hair! I love how soft and manageable my hair feels when I use it, and normally Suave products dry my hair out over time. Only thing is you need to clarify once a week or so to get rid of buildup since it is such a moisturizing shampoo. Other than that, my hair loves this product! I would recommend it to anyone who wants a salon quality product for a drugstore price.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2013 7:26:00 PM More reviews by cassblack

I have the toughest hair to tame: thick, long, coarse, WAVY, frizzy hair. This shampoo is great! Lathers into a thick lather and rinses out easily. Smells clean and fresh! And oh, the feeling of my hair afterwards, it was incredible. My normally huge, tangled, frizzy, messy curls dried into soft, untangled, not frizzy curls! I was shocked. My hair was so soft, and shiny, and MANAGEABLE! My boyfriend even complimented me on how good my hair smelled later that night, always a plus. :) This shampoo is great, ladies! Definitely recommended! And for 2 dollars or less/bottle, how could you go wrong?! This is my HG! I was skeptical of cheap shampoos at first, but take a risk! You won't regret it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 4:01:00 AM More reviews by ilikeninjas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have just bleached my hair, from black to a light ginger color. My hair was like straw, and always fell out of broke off. I was so sad when people told me its impossible to repair damaged hair. That's FALSE. This within the first wash had my hair back to being strong. It doesn't break. My hair is back to healthy after using the bottle. Yu see results quick. My mother, and friend both used to buy expensive brand name shampoos, well I found this $1.80 bottle and I got the same results. This product is the best shampoo I have ever used. I would use it instead of Paul Mitchell's, Joico, Bed Head, Tresseme, you name it, suave beats it!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2012 2:36:00 PM More reviews by pipkan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

For the price this product is amazing! After the first wash, paired with the Suave Professionals damage care conditioner, my hair was soft, shiny and smooth! I used this product for 3 weeks and had the same results! I went to repurchase but they were out of the conditioner so I went with a different brand. I like the smell of this shampoo, it lingers all day which I like. My husband complimented on the softness of my hair, score!! The reason I rated it a 4 is because I still have to tame fly aways with an anti frizz cream, maybe I expect too much? This shampoo (and the conditioner) is great on a budget and I would definitely buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2012 1:54:00 PM More reviews by AngieTheBeautyGuru

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love Suave Professionals and was hoping that this would do the trick for my dry, split ended hair. So I decided to give this shampoo a try. The next morning, I took a shower and used the shampoo. To my surprise, it felt great going through my hair. It penetrates easily from roots to tips and is just perfect. When I got out of the shower, I noticed less hair on the shower floor. When I usually have about 10-15 little strands of hair lyring around, there were only about 5 strands. That made me so happy. And I've been using it ever since then. And now it's been about three or four months and my hair is awesome! No more dry hair and best of all, a reducing of split ends. When I run out, I'm DEFINITELY buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2012 3:00:00 PM More reviews by QueenofAngolmois18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG shampoo and conditioner!!!,i been styling my hair with blow dryers and flat irons,i've been doing so for two and a half years and my hair looks barbequed,even at my bangs,but i've use the shampoo and the conditioner last night and i love the scent,after i blow dried my hair it felt soft & healthy,i was like "Whaaa?",then i flat iron it and my hair felt just like it did the first time i use a flat iron,the healthy feeling,and the smell is so heavenly,even my mom said "what purfume are you wearing?',i strongly recommend this for those who have damage and color treated hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2011 12:53:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

Lets start out my review by letting you know my hair was fried. I had used two really bad hair dyes (Revlon Colorsilk & Clairol Soy4plex) which left my hair feeling like straw. I was devastated but I was also running out of my crappy TRESemmé shampoo & conditioner and needed a switch (it left me greasy by the beginning of day 2). I went to the store, for some stupid reason, looking for another TRESemmé product. I some how ended up in front of Suave. My boyfriend uses some of their stuff and I did too in the past. A lot of their products compare to high end salon so I decided to check it out. I grabbed this and the Humectant conditioner. The day after I used it my hair didn't feel like straw but lacked a little something. This is compared to use my Neutrogena Daily Deep conditioner alone with another shampoo. So the next time I stepped in the shower I used this shampoo, the Neutrogena Daily Deep only on my ends, and then the Humectant on my entire head. My hair came out softer than my virgin hair used to be! Also this didn't leave me greasy until the *end* of day 2 (aka this good stuff is better than TRESemmé). I will forever be using this stuff even when my hair returns back to normal!