September 20, 2014 | 981 users online

Makeup Brushes - Coastal Scents - Pink Flat Top Bronzer Buffer Brush

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 10/10/2011 9:17:00 PM More reviews by mzmaheen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

That's not my favorite brush, I feel like this brush is like weird once you wash it, it's shape and stuff is gone. and it's not the best brush for cheeks, it's kind of rough. All the other brushes are pretty good. This one even sheds a bit more then it should

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2010 8:48:00 AM More reviews by Morg02

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This brush is okayyyy but it sheds like crazy! I always get stray hairs everywhere. I tried to use it for blush the colur went on nicely but the brush is too big for the cheeks in my opinion. Now I use it for translucent powder. It's an alright brush but I can literally pull hair out of it there's that many loose ones. Its a soft brush but it loses its shape pretty quickly too. I wouldn't really recommend it

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2009 7:37:00 PM More reviews by luvmejoice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love using this brush for my mineral foundation! It gives me the heavy coverage I want while still leaving my skin looking very natural. Its bristles are super soft, especially after washing. Most face brushes I own are soft when I brush them on my hands, but rather coarse and scratchy on my face. But this one is silky soft, I love it!
And I never would have thought it's so dense! But I guess this also has a bad side. Being so dense but cheap means that the bristles aren't glued in as well as more expensive brushes. Thus I end up picking out loose hairs everytime I use it. Being so dense, a couple dozen hairs won't affect the way it performs, but it becomes annoying, especially when I'm in a hurry and I just want to buff the foundation in my skin and get out the door.
The pink handle is very adorable, very girlish and cute. But the ferule looks cheaply made, like it was sewn with stitches to the handle. But I'm don't really care about that as long as the brush does its job, which it does.
All in all this is a great brush for a great price, especially if you're just building your brush collection and are on a budget, much like I am. I will definitely be buying this again if it ever needs replacing.

UPDATE
I don't think I will be using this at all in the future. I cannot stand the amount of fallen bristles every time I use it. The handle broke off after being used less than a month (that's 30 uses, not 30 days, since I don't wear foundation every day). I glued it right back on but the bristles still fall off like crazy, bleh!
I will never repurchase or recommend this to anyone! Buy a synthetic buffer or kabuki and stay away from this.
I'm still giving it 2 lippies for being so dense but otherwise, horrible!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2009 3:19:00 PM More reviews by Jenniferroyea

I have mixed feelings about this brush.... I washed it about 12 times and it didn't lose too many hairs, considering that I used fairly hot water and washed it that many times the first day I had it. This brush doesn't just smell, it STINKS. It still smells, even though I washed it so much. That being said, it isn't too bad now, and I think as I use it, it will stop smelling. On the plus (yeah there is one), it IS a reasonable price, it is super super soft, and really really dense. It really picks up tons of product, and is great for buffing it on to your face. No scratchiness at all. I use it for bronzer, but I think it would be great for subtle highlighters, like meteorites, which I am going to try it on next, and awesome for buffing in thicker foundations. Bottom line: if you have the money, buy a more expensive brush. If not, put some elbow grease into it, wash it tons and get this one. EDIT: Up a lippie! Smell totally disappeared after only a couple of uses. I don't really like this for blush as it tend to wipe it off. Would be EXCELLENT for mineral foundation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2009 5:51:00 PM More reviews by loverofmineralmakeup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a good brush - its super soft, dense and applies my mineral powders and blushes wonderfully. If you desire a medium to heavy coverage this is a good (and inexpensive) brush to have in your collection.

This is yet another great quality, inexpensive brush Crown Brush offered by Coastal Scents.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2009 7:27:00 PM More reviews by areyes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite brushes to use to apply powder foundations, even though it says it's a bronzer brush. It buffs in the powder very nicely and helps give a nice finish and look. The brush is incredibly soft and dense. The only drawback to this brush is the stinky smell after you wash it and let it dry, there's a stinky smell, but if you let it completely dry the smell should be gone, and I don't smell anything else when it is completely dry and used, although there is a faint smell, but it's not horrible and annoying. I probably wouldn't repurchase as I can probably find something comparable and doesn't smell at all, but it is definitely a good brush to have especially for the price.