December 21, 2014 | 1201 users online

Gels/Soaps - Nubian Heritage - Raw Shea Butter Soap with Soy Milk Frankincense & Myrrh

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2013 1:45:00 PM More reviews by kupo_baby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This smells very masculine & sexy. Which means that if it's in the shower, there is a good chance your significant other will end up using it. At first I thought my bar was melting on the shower ledge until SO admitted that he had also been using it every day. lol
I had a friend sniff the bar & immediately ask me to order her a few bars for her DH (check my profile for links to discount sites). I started using this when the weather got colder so I'm not sure if the bar wasn't as moisturizing as the Mango or if the weather was to blame but I did need to use lotion once I got out of the shower

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2013 9:37:00 PM More reviews by loveoutdoors

Was on vacation and went to a really nice farmers market and spotted this and had to give it a go. This is such a lovely body wash, lightly scented, nice light lather and extremely gentle wash. My skin is SO dry in the winter and this wash doesn't dry or strip my skin at all, it leaves it nicely cleansed and moist, just an all around lovely body wash. Wanted to add that a little goes a long way with this product and it should last a good long while.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2010 7:31:00 PM More reviews by appletea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in a body wash after poring over reviews. My skin gets really dry in the winter time and I had made the mistake of beginning to use a glycerin soap which left me uncomfortably itchy. This body wash is excellent. It doesn't irritate my skin, moisturizes very well and has a soft, sophisticated scent. I also like the philosophy behind Nubian Heritage and the fact that it is all organic and cruelty free. Will definitely be repurchasing when mine runs out!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2010 2:12:00 PM More reviews by NarnianLady

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The scent was pleasant and warm, somewhat earthy and musky. It did not linger on for too long, but made my bathroom smell yummy...
The soap itself did not strip my skin of its natural moisture, but left me feel very clan. No slimy film afterwards.
Did already purchase one for my parents, and will also get more for myself after I have tried some other NH soaps :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2010 6:31:00 AM More reviews by leia387

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Shea butter is the only thing that clears up my skin. I had been using a face scrub and applying shea butter afterward, but I still had some irritation. Washing my face with this soap doesn't leave any swelling to be cleared. The smell is clean and fades after less than ten minutes. I gave this a four instead of a five because I've only used it for one night, in which I've seen a noticeable difference. Very cheap, also.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2010 10:41:00 PM More reviews by blondeambitioned

One of my favorite NH soaps, along with Black Seed & Honey and Goats Milk & Chai. 100% natural, smells delicious, cleans without stripping, fair-traded ingredients, and made by a company with a conscience. Oh yes, and it's dirt cheap. What's not to love?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2009 8:20:00 AM More reviews by sunshine824

I've been trying a few more things from Nubian Heritage because I fell in LOVE with their Honey and Black Seed line. <3

This bar soap is ok, but I wouldn't repurchase for 3 reasons: 1)It's more drying. 2)The smell is a bit masculine to me. 3)It's better than most bar soaps, but not as good as the Honey and Black Seed. The Raw Shea Butter body wash is a little better.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2009 3:06:00 PM More reviews by amysuh

i love all nubian soaps. they smell great overall and doesn't dry your skin out. made with really high quality ingredients. no harsh chemicals. i just bought 14 more bars on iherbs so i can give them out to family and friends. highly recommended!! also really cheap at 3 bucks a bar!!!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2009 3:10:00 AM More reviews by LolaBlue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was hesitant to try this particular soap since I was unsure of whether the scent would appeal to me or not. When I first received it I thought about giving it away because it was so strongly scented, and the scent wasn't really my style. However I had been using NH "lavender and wildflower" soap and it made me a bit itchy, so I thought this might sooth my irritated skin, and I was quite right about that. I have grown to be very fond of the scent, which mellows a bit with water, but really the appeal of this soap is how incredibly gentle it is for skin. I have struggled with dry, sensitive skin for years, and though NH soaps in general have been great for me this one is the best IMO. It is the most moisturizing, and if your skin can't tolerate the exfoliating ingredients in the other soaps this soap doesn't contain any.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2009 8:44:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

I thought this soap (frankincense) would smell like church, but it's actually wonderful. It's spicy-smoky, but the scent is mild and comes across as fresh and woodsy rather than rich and heavily perfumed. Delicious. (Be sure you do like the fragrance before purchasing, though. The scent of my bar permeates my bathroom).

The soap is nicely rounded (I hate big awkward blocks of soap) and has a luxurious, cashmere-soft, super-creamy lather. It rinses cleanly without stripping my dry-ish, somewhat sensitive skin. I've even used it on my face (very sensitive now due to Tazorac) and had no problems. The first time I used the soap, I actually lingered in the shower to lather up a second (wholly unnecessary) time. That's how good it is! My skin still feels soft and moisturized, even now that it's dry.

I like Nubian Heritage's other soaps too, but prefer this one because it doesn't have exfoliating granules, herbs or petals embedded in it. I got mine for under three bucks at iherb.com and would definitely order more. continued >>