September 21, 2014 | 1262 users online

Pressed Powders - Guerlain - Meteorites Poudre de Perles Nacre Des Mers 10

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2010 10:07:00 AM More reviews by Samanthazahra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a fabulous setting powder. Don't get this if your looking for coverage, i think it's sole purpose is to give the perfect finish to your makeup. I hate powders because most of them just seem to ruin the look of my foundation. Either too heavy so they feel like they just sit on top of my face, too dull or just plain messy. This product is no fuss, can't go wrong (no matter how many times you swirl it with your kabuki and apply) and easy to travel with everywhere. I have this in beige which is excellent on my nc25 skin (i think it would suit anyone with a light-med complexion as the colours blend effortlessly). I love it because it doesn't dull or make my complexion pasty or sallow. That's what all other powders have done, so that little coloured ball in the middle must really be doing its job ;). It's completely untraceable and i can't wait to purchase it in mythic for a more illuminating finish. Ppl might complain that it doesn't do anything but I think that's the real beauty of it. It's so finely milled and silky, it just glides into the skin perfectly, which is what a good powder should do. I'm also not a fan of scented powders but the smell of this is so soft and lovely I love it. One of my favourite products I own.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2010 7:22:00 PM More reviews by niseixtenshi

I have the meteorites in beige chic and I absolutely love it. The only problem, is that I find it hard to travel w/ the balls. The balls seem to break on me each time I travel...and so I stopped taking them with me.

I then came across this pressed powder version and I love it just as much! It gives a fantastic finish to my makeup. Gives a glow w/o being tacky. The color is fairly sheer..so I could see many skin types working with this. Like another reviewer said....just be sure to dust off the silver glitter top layer so you won't look like a disco ball! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2009 10:23:00 PM More reviews by vleemakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm a huge Guerlain Meteorits fan - I've got the balls in Mythic, Beige Chic & Pink Fresh. So since I love these gorgeous little balls of fantasticness I purchased the pressed powder as a general illuminating powder. I must say - it doesn't disappoint - I think it's a good blend of the Mythic & Beige Chic balls - an illuminating powder with a hint of brown.

I like to mix this with a bronzer for my T-zone (I think it just lifts my face) or I apply this under my blush to lift & highlight my cheekbones. I also really Love, Lurve, Luv the violettes scent that accompanies Guerlain Meteorites powders - I know, weird hey?!?!

I will DEFINITELY be repurchasing this pretty powder - I also like that the compact is a screw on top & won't break like to many of my other compacts have with the little calsp; however, I would've liked a mirror to accompany it & the compact is quite bulky so it doesn't fit into my handbag make-up kit very well - oh, well them's the breaks However, still a complete winner in my books!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2009 1:46:00 PM More reviews by roarwoman

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been a fan of this product in the loose ball form for many years. I don`t always buy it due to the price, but I also find that when I do, it lasts me forever. Wanting to try something new I purchased this for $70 CDN, but I was expecting to pay a lot, so the price wasn`t that surprising to me. Unlike some reviewers here, I love the scent of this product, and it dissapers almost immediately, I have never been able to smell it durning the day at all. I`m not sure what some people expect this product to do for them, but when you look at the color and texture of the product it should be obvious that this isn`t a full coverage or even light coverage powder. This is a highlighting powder only, and can be used in a few different ways. If you want a sheer illuminated look then sweep a few layers over your completed makeup. I find that it gives my face a nice glow and enhances the color of my blush, making it look somewhat irredescent, but not enought to alter the actual color. I use my shadow brushes and apply the powder under my eyebrows or over my existing eyeshadow color and, again, it offers a very pretty enhancment. I have also used the powder over my lipstick and achieved a really nice shimmer. Using a sponge I get a more concentrated amount and use that to highlight my cheeks and temple area. I always notice this product is working because my skin looks illuminated, like is has an inner glow and that is what it`s meant to do, provide subtle highlights. The price is crazy, but the product will last you a long, long time. I would ask to have the powder applied first at the counter, wear it for a few hours and see what you think before making a purchase.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2009 9:02:00 PM More reviews by ragazza

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree with all the other reviewers so I'll spare you the repetitive details. I give this product four lippies, cuz I just can't justify the price for this product (I paid $70 CDN). I don't mind spending $$$ if a product produces noticeable results, but this is so NOT worth the hefty price tag. If you're walking down the street wearing this powder, not many people will give you double take if that's what you're hoping for. Just my honest opinion :)

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2009 12:46:00 PM More reviews by YouGotYourChocolateinMyPB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Me: NC15, Combo Skin.

I had been wanting this one since I first laid eyes on it online. I debated a while - I already have the balls in Mythic, Beige Chic & Butterfly Pearls and the Voyage Meteorites in Mythic. Finally, I just ordered it and have been waiting patiently for close to 2 weeks for it to arrive.

Thoughts: This compact is huge, extremely thick and I'm having a hard time seeing the point in the case being so thick. Maybe someone can explain it to me. It's pretty, dark bronzy color on the sides and bottom while the top looks like a light coppery pink with seashell looking accents.

It is a screw on lid which I find annoying. It has no mirror which is also annoying. If you're going to make something this huge then at least put a mirror in the damn thing. Especially considering the $65 price tag.

I am more than willing to overlook those few shortcomings now that I have seen and used the actual powder. This stuff is gorgeous. It has a shimmery overspray which pretty much came off after the first swipe of my big brush. But the powder itself is infused with a very subtle shimmer.

It ranges in shades from a very light fleshtone, to apricot, to a light mocha with an aqua green correcting shade in the center.

I swirl my brush over the top and pick them all up at once. It feels like velvet on the skin and once applied truly lives up to what the bottom of the compact says "Illuminating Perfecting Pressed Powder". Gives your skin a polished healthy glow.

PS - This does have the signature Guerlain candied violets fragrance which dissipates as soon as it's applied to your face. I happen to love the scent but some people don't so it's worth mentioning.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2009 6:10:00 AM More reviews by soleil_kitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My first Guerlain product ever! I bought this after I fell in love with the photos online and read the reviews on here, so I knew what I had to expect. And this was really everything I wanted. I wasn't looking for another highlighter - I have plenty of those. I wanted a sheer powder, enhancing the look of my skin and giving me a subtle, yet striking glow. I used to achieve that with my Terra del Sol powder #4, but I was looking for something lighter & brighter. Somebody on here said this Guerlain Powder is similar to Chanel's Poudre Douce and I find that a fitting comparison. Nacre des Mers is a work of art, both in looks as well as finish. It leaves a sheer, soft, supernaturally glowing finish and is something you really cannot overdo at any time. That, to me, makes it the perfect, light summer powder for that flawless, elven look. I do need concealer to even out minor imperfections, but as stated above and in all other reviews here, this is not a substitute for make-up at all. It provides no coverage and only evens out the complexion for that gorgeous, airbrushed look. The skin still shines through, so wearing it is the most natural thing. I have no idea whether this makes a good finishing powder. I use this alone and all over the face. For reference: I'm an NC15 girl.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2009 2:50:00 PM More reviews by AyalaH

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My first Poudre de Perles, this LE is absolutely great ! I am a fan of the Meteorites (I have the 3 colours) and as other reviewers have said, the shade is a very light neutral beige, lighter than Beige Chic and more highlighting too. Great for toning down slight redness. It should suit many skin types as it can be used used either as an all over powder for fairest skins (like mine) or as a delicate highlighter for darker skins. I really think they should add it to their permanent collection.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2009 1:14:00 PM More reviews by filmart

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is my first-ever Meteorites purchase, as it's the most neutral shade Guerlain has offered for my pale, cool-toned skin. The powder does brighten and even out skin tone, but I wish its glitter (which looks a bit OTT under sunny outdoor light) was a bit finer. I mostly wear this on weekends and special occasions, because its ultra-sweet fragrance stings my sinuses upon application. Thankfully the scent fades away within a half-hour, but I'm left doubting the safety of inhaling it on a daily basis. This product is good enough for me to consider repurchasing, but it'll probably be a long time before that's necessary (or even possible, as it's a LE for now).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2009 1:56:00 PM More reviews by Annietwinkletoes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a huge fan of Guerlain's meteorite illuminating pressed powders, and this one is a wonderful addition to the line. The powder is soft, neutral, and covers well. Under the shimmer overspray is a subtle pressed powder that illuminates and gives an airbrushed look. I can see this shade being worn easily by many skintones, except perhaps the very darkest who might prefer the darker beige enlumineur. I'm very pale myself and while I prefer the pink version for the winter when my skin could do with the freshness it imparts, I'll be reaching for this one all summer. It's not a bronzer by any stretch, but it pairs wonderfully with the bronzes and golds of summer.

On the skin irritation front, this has caused me no problems and I doubt that it will as I've been using the pink version for almost a year without irritation.

Note: The 1st picture in the review of this product is a bit deceiving, at least on my monitor. It appears to have peachy tones to it while the product is in fact beige/bronze based with no peach.

my skintype: cool/neutral ppp, sensitive, prone to product induced pimples but not blackheads or cystic acne.