July 29, 2014 | 1851 users online

Sunscreen - Simple - Sun Sensitive Facial Hydrolotion SPF50

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2013 10:31:00 AM More reviews by rain27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

my very first review - it's true. we never know what we've got till it's gone and i have to experience the fact that this has been discontinued before truly being able to appreciate this product :'(

initially i hated this product. i thought it made me break out and stopped using it after some time. but after another sunblock made me breakout even worst and after visiting the dermatologist, i somehow started using this again and amazingly it started working for my skin. perhaps something i used with it on my first trial was causing the initial break out. but i had clear skin while using this and actually started breaking out in specific areas after i finished the tube and had to find another sunscreen because i found that this was discontinued! i tried Eucerin which irritated my sensitive skin - clearly cos i found mini bumps and redness after usage.

i'm now desperately looking for another sunscreen that has similar ingredients to this. from what i know, Simple has launched i think? an 'improved' version of this but it's not available where i am right now so i'm still on my quest to find a good sunscreen :'( as long as it doesn't break me out i can deal with any side effects like white casts or such.

i used to use this in the mornings and not use my moisturizer (which i use in the night) and it works perfectly as a makeup base and a moisturiser and sunscreen altogether. it really is a hydrolotion.

i may consider shipping in the new Simple sunscreen.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2012 3:22:00 PM More reviews by Spyglass

I loved this, factor 50 is exactly what I need being a redhead, it absorbed well for me as I tend to have slightly dry skin anyway.
The only problem I had was with a very slight breakout round my nose but that could be caused by other factors.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2011 3:47:00 PM More reviews by coco93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this sun screen/moisturiser i feel it gives the right amount of hydration to my oily skin and gives it a healthy glow. In the uk i think it is around 2.99 so amazingly low price, i will buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/4/2011 7:24:00 AM More reviews by Spinningnickel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

WORST BREAK-OUT I HAVE EVER HAD!

I don't have particularly sensitive skin, but I use Simple's moisturisers and occasionally cleansers, and am always fairly pleased, so I was thrilled to find their sun care line, and the price was on the low end of average.

Unfotunately, it's terrible.

This stuff takes AGES to soak in, and looks SO greasy on your face! Make-up doesn't blend into it well at all and it would take well over half an hour to look decent. When it was espeically hot, it would also sweat straight back out, and I could see it on my forehead.

It also broke me out after a couple of days, leaving me with the worst single break-out I have EVER had. I'm prone to the odd spot, but rarely have a reaction to anything that would trigger a mass break-out. This stuff broke out my ENTIRE face in tiny zits that took days of salicylic acid cleansers to clear up! I threw the rest of it in the bin and dared to use another brand's non-face-specific factor 50 for the rest of my holiday, which was far better.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2010 8:46:00 AM More reviews by whitevanilla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I really wanted to like this product but it didnt work for me unfortunately.

I have always had dry-normal clear skin and i'm still suffering from very clogged pores after using the sunscreen about a year ago. I stay in the humid tropics and i feel that this product was really heavy and made my face really sticky and oily upon application.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2010 6:06:00 AM More reviews by pixiepear

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I hate most sun creams, they feel heavy, greasy and like they clog up my skin. But I like this one. Best facial sunscreen I have found - as light as any sunscreen can be, works as a moisturiser, doesn't feel particularly heavy or thick, doesn't irritate my skin. My packaging says it does protect against UVA and UVB.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2010 12:49:00 PM More reviews by Asen

I used this religously since i bought it and heres what i experienced. I did not use a moisturizer as this provided enough hydration for my skin during the day hence the name hydrolotion duh.Take note that it only protects against UVA rays not UVB even thjough it is SPF 50 but i live in Ireland so no worries, but i would advise you not to use this as you facial sunscreen on holidays because you will get burnt due to no UVB protection. Anyway it does take a while to rub in but when it does it dries matte and does not feel greasy. I love the Simple range but it has no UVB protection so it is unlikely i will repurchase. Plus it was expensive 10.00 for it in Superdrug. It improved my skin tone, texture, and effectively moisturizes and did not give me any spots or pimples i just wish it had UVB protection.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2009 5:27:00 PM More reviews by chloecupcakes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product got me though Glastonbury festival and a week in Paris this summer (both were incredibly sunny and hot). The one day at Glastonbury that I didn't wear this on my face, I got burnt!! It goes on really well under makeup, feels a tiny bit thick but otherwise provides excellent protection for ages. Really moisturising and doesn't smell bad like a lot of suncream.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/21/2009 1:14:00 PM More reviews by SL103

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very oily skin, and after using this it made it even worse normally I only need to blot after 3 hours from applying my make up in the moring however, after using this my face is super oily after 1 hour. No good if you have oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2009 7:47:00 PM More reviews by nuigurumi1

It feels nice on the skin and absorbs quickly. It works and lasts all day. My only problem is that it still feels a bit tacky..
Not majorly, but i notice it. Other than that, it really brightens the face and makes it look all dewy. Probably perfect for someone with dry skin:) x