November 21, 2014 | 1710 users online

Makeup Brushes - Paula Dorf - Foundation Brush

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2008 5:45:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

This was the first foundation brush I ever purchased, and it was what got Paul Dorf on the map. However, the price is outrageous considering it's just a synthetic brush, and the bristles are slightly too long for a smooth application.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2008 4:49:00 PM More reviews by olive77

I'm really not happy with this foundation brush. Although I had heard some good things about PD brushes, this is one of the worst foundation brushes I've used. For some reason, the bristles tend to clump together in separate groups, therefore creating a less-than-smooth application. So after using this I always have to go back over certain areas with my fingers to get rid of the lines created by the brush. Not good. My smashbox foundation brush blows this one out of the water, IMO. Will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2006 6:46:00 AM More reviews by jhadiq

This is one of 4 foundation brushes I own, and it's nothing special. Save your money and buy a sephora brush, which is similar, but cheaper. Best brush I have is a Chanel foundation brush (USD 35), but at the end of the day, it's none of the brushes I have are that much better than my cheaper Sephora brushes. I've concluded that foundation brushes are just not where you make an investment, unlike other brushes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2006 10:58:00 PM More reviews by lelly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a fantastic foundation brush. It's pricey, but I truly need less product when using it. It's a great brush for getting foundation into every nook and cranny (e.g., around the nose). My only complaints are that the brush is a bit small and the bristles a bit too sturdy for my liking, which is why Cat Cosmetics' foundation brush is my favorite--but these cons may be pros for someone else! I highly recommend this brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2005 9:17:00 PM More reviews by candigene

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Paula Dorf's foundation brush is an essential tool that should be in everybody's aresenal. I've also tried foundation brushes from MAC, Prescriptives, and Smashbox, and PD's is superb. The taklon bristles deposit liquid foundation in a very smooth, light layer without any streaking. It reaches into the nooks and crannies around the nose, mouth, and under the eye to ensure smooth blending on the entire face, not just the cheeks and forehead. The bristles don't soak up the liquid like a sponge, so no product is lost.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2005 6:33:00 PM More reviews by bowiee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the first Paula Dorf brush I bought and it's def. not going to be the last. I've been using this for a while. The price is pretty steep but it's one of my best makeup investments and worth every dollar. I know it's going to last a long time cause the quality is top notch.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2005 3:03:00 PM More reviews by Wendiva

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This brush has made a notable difference in my makeup application. My makeup is smooth and even. I prefer a lighter application and this brush delivers. It's definitely recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2004 8:11:00 AM More reviews by KS1972

This is a very good foundation brush, IMO. I have used the ones by MAC, Estee Lauder, Px, etc. The first time I bought this brush, ALL of the bristles came out in one big chunk, so I exchanged the brush for another one at Sephora's and luckily haven't encountered the same problem since (at least not yet). Will keep you updated though.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2003 9:50:00 AM More reviews by Pam2141

I've only had this brush for a month and as I go to pull it out the bristles started coming out in massive chunks! I tossed it out and now have to buy another one. Terrible quality...not buying again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2003 10:15:00 PM More reviews by badcrumble

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had never even heard of a foundation brush before I found this site. It's amazing the things you suddenly discover you need! In the past, I had always used a sponge, but was never totally thrilled with the application (and I hate to use my fingers). This brush is amazing. It makes foundation go on so smoothly, and it is actually possible to build coverage in areas that need it. I always found sponges just wiped away whatever I tried to do. And it is definitely less wasteful than sponges. I am really starting to love the Paula Dorf line.