April 16, 2014 | 954 users online

Shampoo - 100 Percent Pure - Honey Coconut Milk Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 9:50:00 PM More reviews by FunnyValentine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I received this as a freebie from the company, and initially I was turned off by the runny consistency (I wasted so much of it because I squeezed the tube like I do with normal shampoo, and a lot came out like water).
However, I retried it recently and can't believe how it lives up to its name: Glossy Locks.
The smell is delicious, and I wish it were thicker, but the ingredients are fantastic for hair (nettle, rosemary, honey, coconut, etc) and it really made my color-treated, dry hair glossier.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2014 3:56:00 PM More reviews by alina08

As mentioned by other reviewers, this product has changed a lot since this entry was made. The packaging is very different, but as I did not use the earlier version, I cannot comment on any changes made. I can comment that I was very pleased at how the shampoo took all of the junk out of my hair and left it smooth and pretty manageable (I have tangle-prone hair). Additionally, it does not smell overwhelmingly of coconut (thank God), so for those of us that hate that smell, it is doable. It has a very thin consistency for a shampoo, which surprised me, and does not really lather all that well. It does not weigh hair down even though it is supposed to moisturize. I like this product and would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2014 6:15:00 PM More reviews by KatWKSF

Some of the features of this product have changed since a few of these earlier reviews were written. For example, one of the earliest reviews said this product is a pinkish, yogurt-like consistency. Currently, it's clear and thin. The bottle is completely different now than the one pictured; it's now a clear tube, which is nice when gauging how much product one has left. I also haven't experienced any problems with the product separating, which isn't to say that it couldn't if I left it sit long enough or in certain temperatures or conditions: this is natural shampoo after all, so it doesn't have the chemical binders and preservatives of mainstream brands. Of course, fragrance preference is a very personal thing, but I am very sensitive to strong fragrances and I don't find this strong or offensive at all. I had to put the bottle right under my nose to smell it at all, and there certainly wasn't much scent to speak of left on my hair after using both the shampoo and conditioner. The scent it did have was pleasant, a very light, kind of sweet smell, with just a hint of honey and coconut. Not at all that gross, over-the-top tropical coconut fragrance you get from the cheaper brands. I found the formulation to be very moisturizing. My very dry, distressed locks drank it up, and my hair felt almost as smooth after just shampooing as it does ordinarily after both shampooing & conditioning. (The conditioner is another story: I did not like it at all. It was far, far from being moisturizing enough.) I agree with another reviewer that a pump would be a great container for this, because you do need to exercise caution not to dispense too much. On the other hand, my long hair needed a lot of product anyway. I was pleasantly surprised by how much this did suds, especially for a natural shampoo. It did clean my hair, but I would personally not use this product on a day when my hair was particularly dirty: it's not intended for that. It's not going to cut through 3 days of dirt, oil, and styling product build-up, for example. This is one of the better natural shampoo formulations I have come across. Some smell awful (Dermorganics -ugh!). Others are seriously drying even though they say they aren't (Jason Biotin). This one may become a staple in my shampoo wardrobe.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2013 3:58:00 PM More reviews by daiomi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have very long bleached hair And the last time that I went to the hairdresser I got a chemical burn on my scalp, Had scabs for three weeks And lost about 25% of my hair. I normally use kerastase products, their nutritive line, But for the kind of damage that I suffered it just wasn't enough. I remembered that I got the shampoo and conditioner as a gift with my last 100 percent pure order, So I decided to give these products a shot. After only one use I could tell it was a big difference, The scabs were hearing and my scalp was no longer itchy, My hair felt less damaged and I could style it without using any harsh styling products (Just used the bit of Moroccan oil on my ends )and very little heat. I've now used both the shampoo and conditioner quite a few times And I would highly recommended for people that have dry hair or dry scalp or chemically treated hair. Is true that it doesn't have the best consistency or packaging and you have to be careful when you use it because it's very runny but it definitely does the job that it's supposed to do and that is to moisturize your scalp and your hair. These products give me hope that I will not have to cut off my hair due to the damage and I'll keep on using them, at least during the winter time. 100% pure Just came out with a few other shampoos and conditioners and I will try their other kinds during summer when my hair might not need as much moisture as it does now. If I can make one suggestion to the company it would be to use a pump bottle to avoid leakage of the shampoo. On a separate note, for people that color and bleach their hair, The next time but I died my hair I will use the organic haircolor system that you can find in more and more salons these days, Two of my friends have tried these products with great results so I shall give my review after i experience it myself.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2013 7:03:00 PM More reviews by sierranl

honestly im in between loving and hating this product. i love how it smells and makes my hair feel, however the packaging makes no sense. the shampoo is basically a liquid and it has a flip top on the bottom so be careful or half the bottle can end up the drain. i thought i had fixed the problem with using an empty foaming hand soap dispenser but that ended up not working after a few weeks. i suspect it got clogged because there is some separation in the shampoo (which you cant see in the opaque tube it comes in BTW). this product is too expensive for the headache but i love it

rock, me, hard place.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2012 11:58:00 AM More reviews by BeFineFilipina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

If you tend to have oily thick hair like me, I'd stay away from this one. Even though my hair is short I still couldn't get the product to clean my scalp.. It does smell really strong, but it's a pleasant smell to me. It's just that I hate the watery consistency. The first time I popped open the tube, a quarter of it might've fallen down the drain because I had opened it with the bottom down instead of facing up (you can see some of it in the cap in the picture I uploaded). I think I'll stick to my Costco shampoo.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2011 2:08:00 PM More reviews by ChynnaBlue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This shampoo has the consistency of milk or water. This leads to a lot of waste and is the main reason I am rating this poorly. The directions say to shake it, so I shook it quite a bit before I got into the shower and shook it again before I opened it to use. The product was runny and splashed all over my hands and down the drain. I applied what was left in my hand, then gave it a third round of shaking and it still splashed out. It probably took me 5 times longer to get enough of this shampoo into my hair than any other.

The smell is strong, so if you don't like a heavy burnt sugar smell, this may be off-putting. The smell didn't linger once I finished my shower.

I am used to using sulfate-free shampoos, so I didn't expect it to lather and I'm fine with that. Some sulfate-free cleansers leave my hair feeling dry as straw and this did not. It did feel like it was coated with something that was a cross between grease and wax. Not as slick as grease and not as hard as wax. It was odd and I was worried my hair would feel greasy after my shower, but it did not.

I followed this shampoo with the matching conditioner. I will say that my hair seems extra curly (a good thing) today. I don't seem to have a lot of frizz today, but it's also a very low humidity day.

I scored the packaging very low, which I usually only do if it's wasteful. I this case I did it because of the consistency. If something is going to pour out like water, why on earth would you offer it in a package that gets opened and inverted for delivery? This would be better off with a different type of container or delivery system

The product itself performs well, but the consistency and delivery system make this less than effortless and when it comes to things I use in the shower in the morning, I want effortless. I wouldn't repurchase or recommend unless they can fix the consistency and delivery method.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2011 12:04:00 PM More reviews by kubskin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this shampoo. Very different from anything I have used with no SLS. I have not used a shampoo or facial item that contains SLS (or its other iterations) for years. It does take some getting used to because it is a liquid, but once your hair is wet enough (add more water in your hands as you shampoo), it does lather up and it leaves my hair very clean. Even gets out styling products. Love the toasted coconut smell which surprises me since I usually don't like scents that linger like that. I want to try the conditioner next to see how it goes with it.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/23/2011 7:04:00 PM More reviews by Natura11

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this IS natural except for the paraben contaminated Japanese Honeysuckle and I really DID want to love this, but it was extremely runny and smelt very strange. Also, it barely foamed and most of it leaked out of the tube and down the drain. Its also not a huge tube for how much I had to use and waste. This was not a great buy at all and I am regretting I gave it so many chances.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2011 4:42:00 PM More reviews by inkonapin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this shampoo. I got the 8oz trio of haircare items from 100% Pure to try, and am close to finishing off the bottle of shampoo. The shampoo is the only one I loved and could see myself using again. I love the smell and I am normally writing reviews about how I don't like the smell of an item. It does smell like honey, and I love honey. The scent lasts in my hair (I always pair it with the conditioner, so that probably helps since they smell the same). It suds up very nicely. I almost always end up using too much and getting it too sudsy. It is like water and it is hard to gauge how much you need. My hair is very clean after using this and I've had no scalp issues. This is the second sulfate-free shampoo I've tried (the first was a LOreal sample which did not agree with my scalp). I would not repurchase at $15 per bottle however. As much as I like the shampoo, it is just not economically feasible for me and my long hair.