September 23, 2014 | 1955 users online

Hair Removal - Ardell - Surgi Brazilian Wax- Microwave Hair Remover For Private Parts

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 8:32:00 PM More reviews by dkv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the best wax I've used for my underarms and, trust me, I've tried it all. I love that it's strip-less, has a nice "spa" smell, and is just darn effective! I briefly tried GiGi microwave, strip-less wax (which is significantly more expensive) and found it to be nowhere in the realm of Surgi. I have also used this for the bikini area and it's excellent for my ultra-sensitive skin. This is my HG wax for now!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2012 1:49:00 AM More reviews by NotHerAgain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I prefer to use this wax than to get it professionally done. I've heard some people say they get crazy ingrowns with this stuff, but I get crazy ingrowns no matter what so it makes no difference to me.
Just make sure yours comes with the oil. If it's missing the oil then God help you.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2012 11:47:00 PM More reviews by LadyAmaryllis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Hooooooly moly this stuff is tenacious. The pre-epilation oil is a MUST. I am a veteran of both salon and DIY Brazilians and have been using the MOOM sugaring kit w/muslin strips for over a year now. This blows that stuff out of the water in terms of hair removing ability. I barely ever had to go back and re-do a section unless I had applied the wax improperly to begin with--incomplete removal of the hair was invariably operator error and no fault of the product itself.

Do not skimp when you apply this. You want a nice, thick layer so you can flick an edge up using your fingernail and "zip" it off, pulling back (parallel to the skin) and not directly upward. Do not pull upward. You will be very unhappy with yourself if you do.

I microwaved this for about a minute until I achieved a honey-like consistency, slathered on the pre-epilation oil, and used one of those funny little spatulas to slather on a generous layer of wax on a roughly 2 x 5cm rectangluar area of hair-down-there. It looked like it was spread a little thin so I waited for the wax to set a bit before adding a little more wax to thicken the layer. I waited for the wax to cool enough for it to be peeled off in one clean piece, then flicked up the distal edge with my fingernail and used one hand to hold the skin taut while I peeled the strip off quickly in the opposite direction.

After a short string of profanities, I stared at my first peeled-off strip of wax and marveled in grotesque satisfaction at how utterly COVERED in hair it was, and at what a wonderful bald spot it had left behind. It was not covered in broken hairs or hairs torn off at the root like some other, FAR WUSSIER strip waxes--no, upon closer examination, each and every hair had a little root still attached to it. SO GROSS BUT SO IMMENSELY SATISFYING. Don't act like you don't know what I mean.

I am a convert. This is messier and harder to clean up than MOOM because it is not water soluble (I was picking the stuff out from underneath my nails for the rest of the evening) but it is much better at removing hair. The pre-epilation oil is an absolute must, and it also helps with clean-up. Be generous with the oil, as this stuff is stringy and may go places you don't want it to, especially as you are getting the hang of using it.

As the waxing session progressed it seemed like the strips were taking longer to cool to "peelable" temperature (possibly due to increased blood flow and general manhandling of the skin). Perhaps next time I will use a cold can of beer to aid cooling and solidification of the wax.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2012 12:00:00 PM More reviews by Skylovette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this based on MU reviews and because I wanted to save $ at salons.
If this is the better wax compared to the others...I do not want to experience the others.
Perhaps I am not skilled enough, perhaps I am a wuss when it comes to waxing down there. (Why do we do it??!!)
I didn't get the hairs out all the way and hairs broke. The wax dries up quite quickly and apparently you are meant to pull it off at a certain point where its not too tacky or crisp hard. So I tried the same way as the salon, put some here, put some there. Ouchie! I gave up half way because I just couldn't take the pain and couldn't go through with self inflicting myself there. Again...why do we do it and get addicted to it??!!
the oil that came with it was really good, I would wish for an improved cup with bigger handles but all in all this was pretty good.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2012 12:25:00 AM More reviews by moggi

Less messy and more convenient than other waxing products, since it doesn't require cloth strips. It gets the job done. The tricky part is getting it to the right temperature so that it spreads easily but isn't too hot.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2012 11:09:00 PM More reviews by zhoo

This stuff is awesome. I've done home brazilians before with every consumer-type stuff you can find at your local pharmacy/supermarket. It invariably meant at least 2 hours of pain and suffering, sticky floors, disgusting-looking muslin strips and very average results. Surgi is the best so far. It sticks like no tomorrow (just don't forget to use the oil!). I was done in under an hour, result - clean, smooth, absolutely hairless girly bits. I'm not simply repurchasing, I'm stocking up.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2011 6:25:00 PM More reviews by Anne184

This product, hands down is the best for Brazilian/Bikini waxing. I have tried other hard waxes before, but this one is almost painless compared to all others I have tried. Make sure to use the pre-oil that comes with it so that the wax will not stick to the skin. I find that melting it to a thin honey consistency works the best because it gets down to the very root of the hairs and makes the experience less painful. The whole process (for totally bare) only takes me about twenty minutes- so easy!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2011 3:48:00 AM More reviews by Mosscat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I used to go get waxing done at a very good salon, but very expensive $80+. I can't afford it right now so decided to try this out and am VERY happy!! First timer here so I made a few mistakes, and I had red bumps for about 2 days but they are gone now. It hurt (the same pain as having it done at the salon), but it was so awesome looking at the strip and seeing all of the hair pulled out completely from the root! Every strip was like ow! and wow! I also waited a bit for the hair to grow out a bit on my underarms and used this wax on them and had great success. :)

It's tricky to tell when the wax is set enough to pull, sometimes I tried to pull too early and it was painful. If I can get the hang of this, will definitely stop going to the professionals! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2010 10:09:00 PM More reviews by nevroth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG wax! I do my own brazilian (sphinx, whatever it's called, I leave NO hair behind) and this is much better than that Nads hard wax I used to use years ago. 4 years later and this is still awesome. Also, one tub lasts me about 3-4 months! The wooden spatulas work for me, and I just reheat the product til its honey when I'm done waxing and dip the spatula in to melt any excess off before I store it. The pre-wax oil is terrific, because the wax sticks to my hair, NOT my skin (unlike with the Nads, that was SO unreasonably painful, especially when skin comes off...). I have a few extra bottles of it, because I always run out of wax before oil. All I do is, put a bit on cotton ball, swipe over the area to be waxed and I'm good to go. No need to pack it on, else the wax won't adhere well. I love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2009 2:45:00 AM More reviews by laurenmt

I have never waxed myself before, especially down there...and let me tell you, this is a Godsend to those who are inexperienced in waxing but still want a salon quality outcome. I only do the "outer" area and bikini line with this wax, but a littlw bit of the pre oil that it comes with and a well heated wax, and a little bit of practice, this stuff will give you the results of a salon. Of course if you've had a wax before, you'd know a bit more on how to do it.But it's just a lot of common sense and practice..for the price and quality, this by far is the best!