Olay Total Effects Plus Touch of Sun

2.8

on 12/28/2012 11:42:00 PM

I was happy to see that there was a subtle tint it's nothing too drastic, it doesn't turn your skin orange or anything like that like most facial tanners i've used have. It's got a very lovely scent to it, i love the packaging it's easy to dispense and use and just makes for an overall soft glow, and makes your skin moisturized but not so it's too oily, it's just right. I love this!

on 10/8/2009 6:34:00 PM

made my face oily and break out,and i see no color at all..

on 9/21/2009 2:45:00 PM

Really nice! i bought this because it has a touch of selftanner in it not for a moisturizer. this is what i was looking for. i'm pale but just want a slight glow especially since winters coming. im not a fan of self tanners for the face, it changes your complexion and can make one look pretty awful. for darker toned people though this probably would not show up at all. but for me this works and deosn't break me out! also like the fact it has no tint to it.

on 6/4/2009 2:27:00 PM

This product preforms poorly as a moisturizer because its density and viscosity are more similar to sunblock than facial lotion/cream. Because it doesn't easily absorb, I doubt that it's penetrating well enough to be effective. Jergens is a better bargain and delivers a better tan, and I can simply use a better moisturizer in conjunction.

on 5/2/2009 5:51:00 PM

There are other reviews for this, but under Moisturizer which means it didn't come up in my intense search for self-tanners and since having it under self tanners would have been helpful for me, I think it might be helpful for others, so be sure to check out the reviews under both catagories.

I just purchased yesterday (after my bout of breaking out w/ Olay Touch of Sun - see seperate review) and I was nervous about purchasing blind, but so far (1 day) so good.

I find that it is moisturizing and doesn't leave a white cast. I'm only using on areas of my face that are not currently broken out from Touch of Sun to make sure I can accurately track any new breakouts (which, for the record, are almost always limited to 1 zit during my period, so I am rather put out right now that I have several pimples from Touch of Sun!!)

Anyway, I also notice a bit of a self tanner fragrance that seems to linger. I find this to be expensive (almost $19 at Walmart) for a ds facial self tanner.

UPDATE - unfortunately very little color payoff for my skin. I used all over my face (2x/day) for a week = no breakouts, no white film, no oilies, but no color either. Love anti-aging combined w/ self tanner concept, but no SPF, no color, $$$ = 2 lippies.