April 19, 2014 | 1778 users online

Scrubs - 100 Percent Pure - Organic Chocolate Mocha Body Scrub

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2011 4:13:00 PM More reviews by michd01

I love this product. It is the best exfoliating product I have tried so far. The smell is good, but odd in the fact that it smells more like a food than a skin product. I have pretty dry skin, and this product leaves my skin feeling moisturized. More moisturized than other products I've tried that claim to be "moisturizing."

I gave this product 4 stars instead of 5 only because it made a big mess in the shower. Another reviewer said similarly and I agree. The little bits of coffee scrub can be messy. But for the results and added moisture, I think I'll deal with it :) Plus, it's got ingredients, I can recognize on the label. I really really like that!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2010 12:02:00 PM More reviews by IPLaw7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

So rich and has a nice coffee aroma. Leaves my skin extremely moisturized.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2010 9:46:00 PM More reviews by coriforia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love love love this scrub! While its supposed to be a chocolate coffee smell, I really only smell coffee. Not that I mind at all though! Its a very rich, dark smell of coffee that is a great way to wake up in the morning!

The scrub is ground up coffee beans in a liquidy, dark base. After scrubbing, it does leave a light layer of oil on your skin. I don't mind though, and it hasn't broken me out.

The one annoying part is that it makes a MESS. Because its more liquid, as I rub it on my body it sort of splashes everywhere, leaving a brown mess. After I use this, my shower looks like someone came in and washed off from a mud pit. Its actually kind of funny to see it, but not funny to try and wash off all the brown scrubbies from everything!

So this is my new, absolute favorite scrub. Smells SOOOO wonderful and leaves my skin incredibly soft. My HG scrub!!

Ingredients:
Organic Dark Belgian Chocolate1, Organic Hawaiian Kona Coffee Beans2, Organic Grapeseed Oil3, Extracts of Pure Bourbon Madagascar Vanilla Beans1, Organic Oregano1, Organic Thyme1, Organic Rosemary1, Organic Grapefruit Seed3, Organic Goldenseal4 and Organic Cinnamon1, Vitamin E (a-tocopherol), Vitamin C (calcium ascorbate), Blackcurrant Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2009 1:03:00 AM More reviews by elusiveire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Mmmmmmmm. This stuff is amazing. It is CHOCK full of good stuff and so little goes a long way. This makes your skin feels amazing, not to mention it smells delicious. In the package it smells like chocolate, while scrubbing you smell the coffee. In our communal dorm shower, from the stall next to me my roommate commented it smelled like peanut butter. Go figure!
I quickly got over the strangeness of rubbing coffee on myself. It's definitely harder to wash off than normal scrubs, but you'll enjoy the smell so much you won't even care. (Not to mention it was a huge pick me up while I was trying to kick my coffee addiction! Not that that attempt lasted long.) I've also used to vanilla bean scent, and while they are both delicious, I found the chocolate mocha scrub to be better when my skin was sensitive because the grounds are not as harsh of an exfoliator as the sugar in the vanilla bean scrub.
The packaging, eh. The tub can be hard to unscrew with wet hands so I usually loosen it because I start to shower. Also, it's really easy to get water in there so give your hands a shake before you scoop some out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2009 7:06:00 PM More reviews by spamela74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The abridged version of this review would simply describe this product as "decadent" just likes its label reads but that would not do any justice to this outstanding scrub. First off, the scent is a deep, rich, earthy blend of dark Belgian chocolate and Hawaiian Kona coffee beans. I find this aroma is both invigorating and comforting, especially on a bitterly cold winter morning. The texture is sort of like a combination of mud and chocolate sauce. Those ground coffee beans do an amazing job of sloughing the skin of roughness. After rinsing, a thin layer of oil is left on the skin leaving it super smooth. But beware! As amazing as this scrub is, it will leave a tan/brown residue on white or light colored towels. (But that's why God gave us washing machines.)